Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Super tight production schedules and I don't have the programs and fixtures ready. Getting all stressy.

2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I somehow managed to lose my matchstick carrots on the walk from the grocery store home.

I just wanted to make pickled carrots for salads, gosh darnit.

3. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I just realized that I forgot to do a section of a task that I thought I was finished with, though I don't even know if it's actually something I need to do or not. I was so proud of myself for getting to cross it off the list, but I had to go erase it again

this is why vague to-do lists are bad. if something isn't written out specifically, it's probably going to fall out of my head, and then people are going to yell at me for it

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    • Like x 1
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I need to finish packing tonight but I have lost all the exfun
    Why this

5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Nghhh I'm doing a stream thing for Summer Camp Fun but the site that has the animes on it has subs with bad translations. Spelling characters' names wrong when there's a perfectly good wiki... Plus they added weird edits to the theme song but didn't bother to translate any of the lyrics!

• Like x 1
  6. Hatchback

Hatchback ... he is just fine again today

I have gas.
    :excalibur: Thanks, Adderall, I thought we were only going to do this in the morning?

7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

my doctor didn't specify "no substitutions" on my adhd med so now for the first time since like? 2005? earlier? i'm on generic concerta. and i could absolutely tell by about hour 5 of work today that it had worn off. :/

• Like x 1
  8. Hatchback

Ughhh, that sucks. This is my fear for when I move. I have The Real Thing right now and it works very, very well, with manageable side effects. I'd rather not toy around with that.

9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Corporate management~

So we're understaffed at my job. In order to get hired at [Package Handling Company], you have to go through a multiple step process.
    1. First step is, sign up for one of the appointments to go in for a tour of the facility.
    2. Second step, assuming that the person giving the tour doesn't think you're an axe murderer, is to sign up for their website (done there, at least when I went).
    3. Third step is receive the info to take the online quiz that filters out people that Mysterious Corporate Algorithms have determined are unlikely to be good employees or stick around.
    4. Fourth step is to pass the fucking quiz. I didn't have a problem, but unfortunately in the time since I've started working, at least three or four people have failed it??? My manager is baffled, in the however many years before that he'd had like 2 ever.
    5. Fifth step is to pass the background check!
    6. Sixth step is go to work your first day and not quit at the end of it. This is apparently an actual problem. Despite the tour, plenty of people don't how physically tiring moving boxes for several hours can be. Or they assume they can handle it. Whatever the reason, Day 1 retention is pretty poor.
    7. After that, if you come back on Day 2, your coworkers assume you're actually gonna stick around, and start properly introducing themselves.
    We're losing a couple of people in a couple of weeks, one due to transferring across the country, the other I forget why. And so far we've got about 4 people somewhere in the process between 4 and 6.... but how many will actually go through with it? Who knows!!!

The reason why this is annoying me is that today, since two people were out on necessary vacation things, we were so understaffed that we had to rearrange things to be feasible with how short-handed we are. And I've been nauseous and probably PMSing for the last few days. It's been a Super Fun Time.

At least it's the fucking weekend. And I can take a break from being surprised by work changes.

• Like x 1
  10. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

11. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

There's a couple that are apparently all like this. I didn't specify which one it is since this is one of the google bot searchable forums and I'm easy to dox.

12. Loq

Apparently I put the portable charger in my suitcase instead of my purse. The suitcase that is now somewhere near the bottom of the luggage mountain.

4-5 hours of cartrip left.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    • Like x 1
  13. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

dualscars who type in a really super heavy pirate-ish accent. logically i know that they can do whatever the fuck they want and Who Cares but

look at how the speech of mindfang and condesce compares to aranea and meenah why the fuck do dualscars never sound even REMOTELY like cronus

• Like x 1
  14. Hatchback

I'm processing my hair from dyed black (natural ash brown) to blond and lemme tell you

it burrrrnnnsss

so good

• Like x 1
  15. there's something stuck in my molars and it hurts and it's been stuck there for three days and i haven't had the spoons to floss and it hurts, fuck bodies

• Like x 1
  16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

why is executive dysfunction SO DIFFICULT I WANT TO STOP SPENDING MY WHOLE LIFE PROCRASTINATING

• Like x 3
  17. Loq

I think I've developed an allergy to dad's dog, my eyes have been bothering me since yesterday D:

• Like x 1
  18. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I'm never gonna be brave enough to complain about having to go to church when I'm living at home to my parents so I'm gonna complain about it here : D

Iiiiii haaaaate chuuuurch

• Like x 3
  19. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

"Well, with any luck you won't lose the toenail right before your barefoot beach wedding."

Sure enough, today I notice it peeling off the nail bed. With a massive bruise blooming under the section still attached. :|

• Like x 1
  20. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I'm trying to find reference pictures for a commission and it's annoying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice