Things that are currently annoying you

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I can't!!!! Focus!!!!!!! I want to write this story so badly, and I know exactly what I want to write, but I can't focus enough to actually get it on paper.

And also, because I am a petty infant, this story is based on someone's art, and literally minutes after it went up, I messaged them asking if it was okay if I wrote a thing (yes). But also. Someone else is writing a thing. Someone who posts it in chapters, instead of as a big one-and-done thing. Who is getting attention for the thing they are writing. That I wanted to write first. So in the middle of this awful I-can't-focus frustration, I've also got a huge mess of stupid, immature but-I-called-dibs frustration going on too. THIS IS SURE GONNA BE GOOD FOR THE OL' PRODUCTIVITY LEVELS.

• Like x 3
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The railing that keeps packages on the training point off the conveyor belt broke, so they kept asking all over. And we were understaffed because reasons, so we had no one available to help for long. And the co-worker I did have stood around while pipping instead of at least pulling one package off in between them, letting things pile up and fall off even worse---or else push things down to where they're very inconvenient for me. So I felt obligated to go "help," or do some of it for them, because even with my drivers basically taking care of all their packages AND the two stops past them, I didn't get out til like 40 minutes later than ideal. Dumb dumb dumb.

3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

WHY IS IT 32 DEGREES CELCIUS IN FUCKING SEPTEMBER?! IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HOT.

• Like x 3
  4. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

my music teacher is all like "lol trigger warnings are just to make sure u dont 'offend people's sensibilties'"
    fuck you
    also i'm twitchy cause in retrospect someone who gets twitchy because of certain sounds might not have wanted to take a music class.

• Like x 1
  5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

It's very tumblrâ„¢ arguing style, but my favorite response to any sort of 'well trigger warnings are to help the speshul snowflakes' is "why do you hate veterans?" Once you kick them out of the mindset that it's the Offended Teens, you can actually break down trigger warnings (and when they're abused) but well. "Why do you hate veterans?" is a great way to take the wind out of someone's righteous rage sails.

• Like x 3
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Trying to look for ways to deal with nausea caused by anxiety and some of the results are "Eat raw and vegan to heal your body!"

Now I'm annoyed and nauseous.

• Like x 4
  7. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Eat raw vegans to heal your body.

• Like x 11
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Its not cannibalism if they're grass fed.... Right?

• Like x 7
  9. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

That's what I told the judge, but he didn't seem too impressed.

• Like x 6
  10. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

So someone close to me has this relative. They moved from England to Texas. And ever since their views have been getting slowly more toxic. I hid them from my FB feed, but the other day someone asked if I'd seen what they were saying now. I took a look. It's just post after post on the following subjects:
    • People are stupid for being scared of Trump winning.
    • Hillary supporters are evil.
    • Black Lives Matter is disgusting and All Lives Matter / Blue Lives Matter are more important.
    • The States doesn't have a problem with systematic racism and anyone that says it does is just a bleeding heart liberal SJW. And any POC that say there's a problem are being dishonest or over sensitive.
    • 'Of course it's all the fault of the white cis male patriarchy *rolls eyes*'
    I will not touch the poop. I will not touch the poop. But goddamn this person is so incredibly frustrating. And I can't unfriend them without making things horrifically awkward, so I'll just have to shove them back in their box and try to forget about them.

11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Apparently I'm not allowed to feed myself now :|

12. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

It's still too bloody hot for fucking september. It's messing with my sleep because I don't sleep very well when it's hot :(

• Like x 1
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I recognize things are probably not the most fun for her, but having a roommate with hyperfocus who feels compelled to do her school assignments immediately upon being assigned them does not help me stop feeling awful about my struggles against procrastination =m=

14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Someone on my dash seems to be taking a commentary on how healer culture is in MMOs (esp regarding DPS) as a commentary on healers in DnD and two are radically different enough that it's infuriating especially since it comes off as the usual "oh well healing is easy" bullshit I get from DPS mains. And seem to think that tanks are literally incapable of Doing Wrong because their whole deal is taking shit, but like, there is taking shit and then there is shitting in the shit because you're shit (at tanking.)

• Like x 3
  15. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

trying to find an mcu fic, but the tags I can remember don't narrow things down enough and there's still 800+ results

16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Had super manipulative charity-fundraiser people show up at my apartment door and try to pretend to be my friend for long enough to get $130 out of me.

17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Really dumb annoyance: No one has asked me to draw Nepeta with a milkshake! >:x she's like all I draw people c'mon

• Like x 1
  18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

hey @Saro: draw Nepeta with a milkshake! for some reason i want it to be super chocolaty...

( :P )

• Like x 2
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Once of my roommates is doing dishes. They do dishes much more slowly yet loudly than I do. Every time, I feel like it's a performance of begrudged cleaning to lure me downstairs to do it for them. Or to offer to do it for them so they can trust and avoid and fume and keep doing it even more loudly.

Think that's parental baggage. -_-

20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

For work reasons, I had to look up the Democratic candidate for governor's Wikipedia page, and it was blatantly largely written by someone on his campaign. I'm tempted to edit it to add a {{POV}} flag.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice