Things Which Smell: indie soaps/perfumes/etc

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by ChelG, Jan 14, 2017.

1. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Has anyone ever bought from Bath Sabbath? I love the idea of having a heavy metal-themed bar of soap. (They also do perfumes, oils and beard wax.)

• Like x 1
  2. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

Referring to Lush again, they seem to do the latter, like Karma is way cheaper than Imogen Rose (which is bugfuck-expensive but contains a load of pricey rose oil), so that route makes the most sense to me. As for calculating price, it'd probably be more profitable to calculate each price independently, but much less hassle to use set pricing levels.

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, yeah, I was just thinking because most of the indies use a flat rate. I'm definitely going to use a flat rate for the sample bottles because nobody buys just one and it'll even out.

4. Pumpkageist

Good idea, a price difference of several £ between samples is a lot more glaring than a price difference between full size bottles with different mixes. And as you say, it's rare that someone buys just one sample.

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Having to adjust the concentrations of some of them. Citrus-heavy one doesn't last an hour at the concentration I was using, while a different one lasted all day. Gotta adjust to make sure they last long enough to be worth applying.

6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Getting close to ready! But now I have to wait for a set of scales to arrive because the chemist needs the formulae in grams instead of ml.

• Like x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed I'll be selling by mid-May.

• Like x 2
  8. Marimo

Marimo Member

That's so exciting! I can't wait to see what you've created!

• Agree x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Need to get some last bits of paperwork so I can finish and send off formulae for legal assessment, then once I've got the info I need to put on the labels I need to finish designing them and get them printed, then make the stuff and take photos and list the things. Gah, so many things relying on other things being done first, it's so frustrating!

10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Almost got my formulae touched up, can send them off by tomorrow. Now need to pick colours for labels. Does anyone have a better eye for colour than me?

• Like x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 4
  12. Marimo

Marimo Member

@ChelG Your labels look nice. The only thing is that it bugs me a little that the SCP circle is off centre for the rest of the logo.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll fix that.

14. Pumpkageist

Unrelated to the logos/labels which I think are perfectly fine aside from the centering issue @Marimo mentioned, can I just say how hyped I am to try The Sculpture (I assume that's the cinnamon/leather/raspberry one)? It sounds awesome.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yes it is! It'll be another couple weeks.

• Like x 1
  16. Pumpkageist

The Sleep Well label may be better off with a darker background, or darker text. The white text doesn't seem like it stands out too well against the background, at least on my laptop screen. Everything else looks awesome, though.

17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Opoponax smells like vagina. Weird stuff.

• Informative x 1
  18. shmeed

shmeed plant me

(review bomb) (are these still welcome)

AGH haus of gloi's fucking summer release LOOK AT THESE BATH BOMB SCENTS I WANT THEM ALL
    aaaa.png

would it really be so bad to buy one of each ... they're seasonal, limited edition ... im gonna cry

• Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 2
  20. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The sculpture, Cassy, cola bottles, no more monsters and sleep well all look ! To me. I get more money in on Monday so I think I may be buying myself a sample set.

I always like the idea of perfume but have a hard time picking out stuff to buy. Stuff that smells eatable is always very appealing though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice