This fucking mouse!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by rigorist, Feb 24, 2015.

1. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

The left button on my mouse is dying and when I try to drag something, it randomly lets go of it.

Grrr....

2. Verzi

Verzi Member

Which is why i always have 2-3 backup mice. One stops working or starts acting wonky, open up a new one! (I only use corded mice, cuz i dont like dealing with batteries)

3. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

I genuinely don't understand why battery mice are even a thing. I can see no advantages to them.
    (someone will probably now point out a reason that I will feel like a fool for not seeing.)

4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

*pets my trackpad*

*accidentally blanks screen*

• Like x 3
  5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Cords do not exist for more than a week or two in my general vicinity.
    My current wireless mouse has held out admirable for several years (!) outlasting I think 2 computers, maybe 3, but it's left mouse button's died and the scroll wheel is stuck continuously scrolling to the right, so I think it may be time for a new one.

#im a goddamn force of entropy

6. Verzi

Verzi Member

I mean, I can totally see the advantages of having no cords involved (god knows that everything i own that remotely resembles a cord gets tangled, and ends up being involved in some accident in one way or another), but holy crap are they annoying when you're playing a mouse-heavy game and the battery starts dying on you.

7. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I am usually regarded as strange because trackpads are my favorite form of pointing device.

I think it's because I've had a laptop and thus have been using trackpads for most of my internet life (pre-internet I was using the comp, just not as much. Also I tended toward arrow key games.).

The only thing I don't like is that my new comp, the buttons are part of the trackpad. Like they're not separate. So you can kind of try to click a button but move the mouse instead. =( I've started to get used to click only by tapping, but it's still annoying.
    (Two finger scroll is also annoying to get used to. This is mostly change-is-evil talking, I think)

8. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I like trackpads for computering but mice for gaming, because trackpads don't work well with the control schemes of most games.

9. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I like wireless mice because, at least for the mouse I have had for the past year or two, the battery... rarely goes out. By that I mean it happens maybe a few times a year, and my family uses rechargeable batteries, so it's relatively simple for me to go switch out the battery.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice