thread origination derail

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Weren't you the one yelling "citation needed" at everything? If not, where is the crazy-line here?

Okay, I don't think you were the guy who was going 'we can't prove it was harassing you because he was vauging.'

I've made efforts not to build a grudge against a particular mod, and you've kinda overwhelmed that.

Also, until my notice, were you the one doing a lot of that shit to me? I think there's another mod who was or is using a splash of orange.

And I explained why it was objectively and factually false.

I think I expressed so much frustration with the whole post-moderation process that I wanted off of it and I've been kept on it for most of a year without my consent. (That includes the time I was away and you thought I was gone for good, because that's how people count time around here.)

As far as brick-wall... I invite any normal user to chime in on the post that was wiggled twice. If no one can give an informed opinion, then I must assume that there was no adequate attempt at judging it.

That latest thing that the mod complained was racist. If anything, it was a thing labelled as board-members leading me to believe it. So the racism isn't mine. But we haven't arrived at an objective measure of racist, have we? Otherwise, the racism thread wouldn't have gotten so long and someone could have handed me a scan of a rubbing of the stone tablets that spelled it out centuries ago.

I did, though I don't remember how many times because I am generally against reporting. The one time, it was dismissed as not bad, but then I did the same thing and it's still being complained about as bad behavior.

Spock has been showing up in my wiggler a hella lot lately and the whole wiggler has felt petty since just before I was on post-mod.

I'll come back to the rest of it if I remember, and you're allowed to poke me on specifics.

2. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

You did say you were leaving for good at the time.

is this post actually visible anywhere?

• Agree x 1
  3. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Well, you didn't confirm whether I should stop approving your posts, so I guess I will keep approving you trying to yell at me.

These have literally nothing to do with each other and this makes no sense, you are genuinely incoherent.

Yes. That was me. Because it's not our job to interrogate every person who posts an unclear thing on this site to uncover the full history of what they're talking about.

You've already yelled at me multiple times, dating back months, and have spent the last few days telling lies about our private interactions, so forgive me for not being terribly upset about this new development.

Incredibly unclear, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Do you know what "objectively" means? Or "factually"?

Post moderation doesn't actually require your consent, and you've done nothing to indicate you've fixed the issues that led to it being instated in the first place, but go ahead and argue why it should be removed, i am truly curious.

You've received at least three separate assessments that i can remember off the top of my head, normal users can't see the wiggler, and we've explained why it's not in the main forum, sooooooo...

Wow, it's incredible how pointless it is to argue about a post in a different thread referencing a post in a different different thread, trying to discuss a topic from a different different DIFFERENT thread

It was dismissed as not actionable. Not actually the same thing.

Yeah. I've been in the wiggler. Because other mods have been busy and I've been approving a lot of your posts and wiggling a few. And when I wiggle a post, I try to explain why I did did that. So that someone is helping communicate with you and helping you solve those issues so they're not a problem in the future. So you can post to the forum without being wiggled.

Do you not see how absurd this is? Because I'm kind of dying.

You are complaining about me trying to help you.

You are complaining about me putting extra effort for your sake, because I'm apparently enough of a dumbass to think some part of you might appreciate the help

I mean I should know better by now, but I'm still doing it, so I guess not.

I don't caaaaaare, I would love it if 90% of the points got dropped if it meant you addressed the remaining 10% in an actually coherent way.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    • Witnessed x 9
  4. spockandawe

No. The original post was wiggled, then she tried to copy the wiggled text into a new post for this thread. Which I wiggled.

• Informative x 2
  5. Athol Magarac

I think the line about vaguing culture got drawn wrong. In one vent, someone used a wrong unfact thing to exclude me. In another vent, a mod shut me down and I don't know if there was any input from the user. There was another thread where the user stated that I was allowed, but I had been made to feel like the mods wouldn't allow me, and then when I dragged it to a ThtCldHvGnBtr, I was attacked for taking things from their vent after they took things from my vent to thirs.

(As an aside note... can we please have absolute singular non-gender pronouns in the English language? People getting uppity about pronouns online is driving me crazy. Sheer coincidence that I keep choosing female avatars, but it's really hard to keep track sometimes.)

Poke me sometime after 4am New York time about anything I missed or need to see again...

It sounds like people can talk about other people behind their back and not expect correction, ever. I think seebs is aware of what's been said behind his back and I'm not sure if anyone stopped him from responding. For clarification, it's been suggested that seebs has labelled me as an abuser and doesn't think I will change; I can't recall anything that counteracts that claim, but my opinion hasn't set.

For the people not on post moderation, I suspect it's "the post has been up long enough to be seen, no one has made a valid complaint, it stays. For moderation, there's this hyper-awareness about how anything could possibly hurt someone.

6. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

hey can you clarify what you mean by this because it raised my hackles instantaneously and I would like to know if you meant something non-transphobic

• Agree x 5
  7. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

for the sake of resolving a thing that keeps coming up, maybe let it go through here but super tw'd if required? and i'll do the thing she wants to look at it and give an opinion

• Agree x 1
  8. Athol Magarac

Yes, twice in the pear-wiggler. The mods just want to write it off as racist instead of actually looking. They have yet to explain why it's racist.

9. spockandawe

The pear wiggler is NOT ACTUALLY VISIBLE to anyone but OP and the mods, I have lost track of how many times this point has been clarified, words having actual defined meanings continues to be important for productive conversation

• Agree x 2
  10. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Normal users cannot see things in the pear wiggler. I am willing to look over the post and offer my view of it, but if it can't go on the main forum this may have to be via direct messaging.

I will say up front that I would do direct messaging only with the understanding that both of us could share the complete text of the direct messages exchanged in a public setting.

11. 3strim

3strim Professional Accidental Rater

I just would like to state for the record that the 'taking things from their vent thread' part is in relation to me, and that is yet another thing that is factually wrong.

12. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

No.

Spock has been trying to help you. If I were the one dealing with your posts I'd just wiggle them without comment. All the exact same posts. That's all you're going to get from a lot of us because we're not here to be your advisors. If you don't want to hear Spock then put them on ignore, but you don't get your own special mod crew. If you want different mods then go to a different website.
    No, that's probably not going to happen. She can bring it up until she's blue in the face, that doesn't make the post okay. Weakening that boundary isn't something I'm about.

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Absolutely fair.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. Athol Magarac

I think Spock got uppity about being female even though the spock and transformers avatar reads as male. Prism reads as female because of the female avatar. I wanted notenrique as my last avatar and Edge from Freefall as my new one, along with the generic name...

I don't get upset when people call me "sir" in public. I used to wear a trenchcoat and unkempt hair with natural eyebrows... Now it's a matter of how impressive I let my beard get before shaving.

You get the pronouns that you look like until the English language gives us a better way. Sometimes plural pronouns don't work.

15. spockandawe

It might be that she's angry at me and has called me 'he' and been corrected twice instead of her meaning any broader point, though it's been a while since it came up and i wasn't like... offended? Or upset?

(edit: or i apparently was wrong, there was an offensive broader point she wanted to share anyways)

16. spockandawe

UPPITY, oh my god XDDD

• Winner x 9
    • Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  17. prismaticvoid

hi I'm nonbinary and use they/them pronouns, the avatar is a drawing of me made up to look like an Overwatch character
    kindly never accuse someone of being "uppity" about their pronouns again, especially when they've been nothing but polite to you about it

• Agree x 18
  18. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Spock has the word "she" in her custom title. Defaulting to 'they' is a good tactic if you are unsure. Once someone has told you their pronouns, please try to use them. It's okay to make mistakes, it's not okay to insist on using the pronoun you think someone should have based on how they look. You might not be offended by being called sir repeatedly, but it hurts a lot of other people.

• Agree x 13
  19. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

considering half the things that are allowed through the post moderation that you say that make me either cringe inwardly like a dying flower or twitch with nauseating rage, i'm honestly kind of brutally thankful you're on post mod and super condolences to the mods who have to deal with wrangling your stuff that DOESN'T get through, holy shit.

• Agree x 15
    • Like x 2
  20. prismaticvoid

Hey, just for you I put my pronouns in my signature!

• Witnessed x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice