TIME TO GET RRRIIIIIIIPPED!!!!! - the exercise thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by wixbloom, Jun 4, 2015.

1. What is the fastest rate at which I can safely lose body weight? Preferably fat.

2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

As far as I’ve seen maximum healthy rate is generally 2 pounds per week. I’ve found it really hard to maintain that rate for more than a few weeks without my body seriously protesting with shakiness and crazy cravings though

• Informative x 1
  3. Great! How do I do that?

4. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Generally: make sure you consume adequate calories at appropriately spaced intervals, with an emphasis on vegetables and fruit, de-emphasis on carbs, and, if possible, a preference for less-processed food. Drink more water. Try to move more.

• Informative x 1
  5. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I usually use a calorie tracker to just keep me aware of a general ballpark of how many calories i'm consuming; i don't specifically measure or weigh, so i know it's only accurate within a few hundred calories, but that way it's not too many spoons but i still have to look at packagng and think about how much food the food i'm eating is. fruits and veggies help immensely.

i've used the site loseit? just cause it's the one i know cause a friend used to use it, others might know better ones. general official medical advice is to not go under 1200 calories as an absolute minimum or else your body might decide it's starving and it needs to save every ounce it can instead of burning it, or something like that.

I personally also weigh at the same time every day to sorta see how i'm trending, but this is generally not recommended because it can be discouraging; dehydration levels, water retention, and where you are in your menstrual cycle can all affect weight by a few pounds so sometimes you just appear to be two pounds heavier by a scale through no fault but the way your hormones are currently working.

• Informative x 1
  6. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Spent ten hours (6 Saturday, 4 Sunday) taking a class on Spanish rapier over the weekend. My legs really don't want to work today.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  7. jacktrash

jacktrash absentee sperglord

if you're weighing yourself, you should chart it, and look at the general trend of the graph. never judge the effectiveness of your process by too small a sample size, that way lies y0-yo dieting.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice