TIME TO GET RRRIIIIIIIPPED!!!!! - the exercise thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by wixbloom, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

That's a hell of a lot of repetitions for a new exercise with weights that are too heavy. An endurance exercise shouldn't start out uncomfortable. It sounds like you already have a pretty good idea about whether this is reasonable, but are being pushed to ignore your instincts and your body's feedback. I'm not an expert, but that sounds like way too much.

When people exclaim about how sore they are like they're happy about it, they're not playing it up. It really ought to feel good.

• Agree x 2
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

They're not exactly too heavy, I can lift them comfortably and manage one set okay, but beyond that... yeah. My mum did talk to the gym guy (she goes there too), he's agreed to cut it down a bit.

• Like x 2
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Doing a few minutes of simple arm exercises each day now to try and get my strength up to normal levels.

• Like x 1
  4. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

It's fucking wild to me how out of shape college gym bros tend to be, irt any kind of cardio. Like the larpers will be out on campus, some beefy ass dudes will want to try it because it looks like an arm strength based game instead of a full body work out, and ten minutes in they'll be gasping for air. Like bro! It's light jogging while moving your arms! I believe in you! Just stop holding your breath while you swing!

• Like x 2
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Been going to the gym regularly and now my usual routine's getting too easy. Need to step up what I'm doing, I think.

• Like x 2
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Lat-pulling ten reps of seventy-five pounds now! I don't know if that's a lot, but it's a lot more than I was doing before.

• Winner x 2
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Doc referred me to a hydrotherapy class, doing that and then moving on to aquafit. First class today and it went really well!

• Winner x 3
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Hydrotherapy's going great, thinking of turning up to the location an hour or half-hour earlier or staying afterwards and using the other gym facilities.

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice