Today I Fucked Up (Or, The Idiot Moments Thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

is it bad that i laughed

• Like x 4
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

@Sol nah it was pretty funny in hindsight

3. gills

gills dead

airport security guard: have a nice flight!
    me: you too!
    me:
    me: *speedwalks away*

• Like x 4
  4. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Like a month late, but-
    When I'd only had my licence for a month I was driving somewhere that I knew but had never driven in before, and I was so focused on seeing the turn-off for the car park I wanted that I blasted straight through a red light on a pedestrian crossing, while people were beginning to cross.
    That also precipitated a breakdown, heh. Nobody was hurt though.

• Like x 1
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

they probably get this fifty times a day. everyone's done it a few times. when i worked in a comic shop i'd tell people "enjoy your book!" and they'd say "you too!" and i would grin and give them a thumbs up so they wouldn't feel too embarrassed, because it happened all the dang time.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    • Like x 3
  6. gills

gills dead

ok, good point.

she thought it was hilarious though

7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I tried to get up to turn the lights off
    The lights are already off, it's not even light out

Why this, brain

• Like x 2
  8. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I forgot my adhd meds and my headphones at home when I went to the library to do research.
    (at least i didnt take out my earplugs)

• Like x 1
  9. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I managed to misplace my vial of T on my way to get my shot.

(don't worry I found it after, but still)

10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I... had a thing I wanted to post here but I forgot it in the four minutes it took for someone to link to this thread from the ITATFT thread.

Goddamn.

• Witnessed x 4
  11. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

There's a black pillar candle that I've had for years that I like to use as a meditation flame when I'm in the bath and stressed out. Today the wick became too short for the wax, and it guttered out. I grabbed my lighter, picked up the candle, turned it sideways -

and poured molten wax into the bath. It took me an hour to find all the little grey splashes. Relaxation gone. I am a doof.

• Witnessed x 6
  12. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

I gave myself food poisoning for the 4th time in 3 months by impulsively eating sausage that had been in the fridge for god-knows-how-long and spent a good few hours dry heaving and drooling like a rabid dog.

• Witnessed x 5
  13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Super-super witnessed, that sounds bad. :((((

• Like x 1
  14. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

@Saro thank you (heart emojis abound)

I shouldnt even be surprised at this point i have an awful habitbof eating anything thats vaguely edible without any sort of forethought

15. Oh Dear

Oh Dear New Member

A few days ago I purchased an engagement ring.

My partner and I have agreed that I'd be the one to propose. My plan is in motion. The pieces are coming together. I'd decided that I would quite like a ring, and took the opportunity to pick something that would be meaningful for me (also I'm a sucker for pretty jewellery).

I got a notification that it shipped a couple of days ago. It's coming from overseas, so it'll be a while before it gets here. Maybe a couple of weeks. However, when I bought it I hadn't taken in to account the fact that international mail that's been through customs tends to show up with a shipping label that describes the contents of the package. I also hadn't taken in to account the fact that my partner will be off work during the week that it will probably arrive, and I will be out of the house. He'll sign for it and check to see who it's for, and so will look at the shipping label.

My only hope is that it just says 'ring', or 'jewellery'. I'm loathe to message the seller to ask, because I know it was my fault for not checking prior to purchase and there isn't anything they can do about it now. I've called our mail service to see if there's anything I can do, and they said they were very sorry but there isn't.

It's not the end of the world. He knows the question is immanent, and the ring showing up won't give away how or when I'll be asking. I just feel rather silly for not thinking of this, and at least getting it sent to my parents' house or something.

A friend has suggested that I pre-empt the whole thing and tell him I've ordered myself some nondescript jewellery, and keep my fingers crossed that the packaging supports that story. I'll give it a go, but who knows. Again, not the end of the world and it doesn't scupper my plans. I'm just kicking myself for not realising sooner!

16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Helped moirail sort laundry. I did denims. Thought I checked all the pockets, and told moirail so when she went to wash the load. Turns out I missed at least one, and the washer she's using may now be damaged because there was change in one of the pockets. Fuck. >_< I really hope it isn't broken, that would suck so much.

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I have a new job at a place that sells ice cream and makes a ton of smoothies and shakes. And now, for a fuckup in three acts.

Act one: my manager was using a blender to break up a brick of malt powder. I was making a smoothie right next to her, in an identical blender. I grabbed a scoopful of ice and dumped it directly into her blender full of malt powder.

Act two: I said "SHIT." Really loudly.

Act three: A small child on the other side of the ice cream case asked, "daddy, what does shit mean?"

It's a miracle I still have a job.

• Witnessed x 6
    • Winner x 1
  18. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

TIFU by forgetting to get tracking on the parcel containing my sister's birthday present. Which contains a hand-knitted shawl and a $25 Old Navy gift card.

It'll probably be fine, but now I'm gonna have a harder time convincing Anxiety Brain of that.

19. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

yesterday I fucked up by messing around in my laptop's BIOS a little too much
    in doing so, I made it unbootable for about 24 hours
    I had to physically pull out and reseat the ram and the hard drive several times before it would even pass POST
    it's working now but that was a stressful period

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice