Today I Fucked Up (Or, The Idiot Moments Thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Nov 17, 2015.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Note to self: do NOT use your pill cup to gather up spilled beads even when it's the easiest thing to hand. You WILL leave the room to get something, pick up your pill cup and notice it rattling, assume by the time you were halfway through medicating, and cheerfully wash down half a dozen various small beads with water.

Well. At least Google says they should pass through my system normally at that size?

• Witnessed x 11
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

...should I be sorry that I kinda snorted at that?

3. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Nah, I've done stupider lol

• Informative x 1
  4. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

Washed my new breadbag to get the "this has been sitting in some warehouse since WW2" stink off -- washed it too hot, and now it's shrunk, and I didn't even get the stink out :[

Sidenote -- I have now learned that my washing machine can't do cold wash. The coldest setting is 30c. Fuck me.

• Witnessed x 8
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It seemed like a good idea to prise all the plastic bristles out of my hairbrush to get it really clean, and now I can't put them back in.

• Witnessed x 9
  6. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Misread a number and got a call from work about how the thing i wrote up for them understated the number by a lqrge amount, which honestly i should have noticed because the number i came up with didnt even make sense

Its ok but whoops

• Witnessed x 5
  7. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Overslept and was late getting to the airport for my flight home. (Managed to rebook, with no extra charges, because it was within half an hour of the plane leaving. But it turned a "three hour flight, no layovers" trip into "this is going to take All Damn Day" and the day didn't improve much from there.)

• Witnessed x 7
  8. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

I started baking a cake for my mom's birthday and was most of the way done with it before my mom came in to tell me that her birthday's actually on Sunday. Please witness me. >n<

• Witnessed x 12
  9. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I did not put two and two together, and realize that sitting next to a space heater while in wet jeans (having been out while it was sleeting and snowing, for work) was a bad idea. I then continued failing at putting two and two together, and my response to "ow, my leg is too warm and hurts" was to move it away from the space heater until it cooled down and stopped hurting and then shuffle back next to the space heater because now I was cold again.

I have a minor scald on the leg that was closest to the space heater.

• Witnessed x 8
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Just now realizing that just answering a phone with a cheery yet obviously practiced Hello with nothing following it does not let the caller know who or where they have made contact with, and continuing to wait for them to say something after is very awkward apparently

• Witnessed x 3
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I once ended up just repeating "hello?" "hello?" back and forth about twenty times on the phone because both my grandfather and I did that.

• Witnessed x 3
  12. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

picked up my roommate from work, got word on the way home to pick up something at the store. i go to the nearest store to home, they're closed, so roommate says "i'll just walk home from here" and leaves me to go to the next nearest store. it takes me like 10 seconds to realize that oops, i have to drive past them now to go home, because i didn't bring my wallet with me
    wheeee
    (they were like a 5 minute walk from home, it wasnt an issue but lol)

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice