trans friendly suicide hotlines?

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Jan 21, 2017.

1. aight, so i’m abt to go around contacting suicide hotlines to see if they’re trans friendly so that a group i’m in can recc to ppl. problem is, i tend to not utilize hotlines so idk who to bug, and also i dunno on what questions to ask. little help?

2. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

TransLifeline.org is specifically aimed at trans callers and has a policy of only contacting authorities with the express consent of the caller (fear of involuntary hospitalization sometimes prevents people from seeking treatment).

• Like x 1
  3. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Trans Lifeline is [likely] a roadtrip fund scam that [definitely] only requires a few hours of training for volunteering to counsel suicidal people in crisis.

Edit: http://www.thetrevorproject.org/ I suggest this instead.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  4. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

Damn. Sources? because if that's true I should really not recommend it to anyone. O_O

5. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

The main 'source' for that is Kiwifarms, which is now dead as a doornail.

• Like x 1
  6. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

I don't keep screenshots of random drama saved on my own computer, so it's true that because KF is down most of the sources are now gone or need to be recollected, if available.

I also went through the process of signing up to be a volunteer but there's personal information involved there that I don't feel comfortable sharing.

7. okay. so there's conflicting reports on the validity of the trans lifeline, plus some potentially legit complaints, so i signed up to volunteer so i can check it out myself. if it turns out to be kosher, i'll probs end up volunteering there for 3-5 hours a week.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice