Trans Headcanons

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Apr 24, 2016.

1. ...I mean maybe? If you're going to fit aliens into a relateable human paradigm anyway by having them appear human-like and female sexed then why not say that by human standards she's trans?

2. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

technically couldn't you say that all the crystal gems are human earth trans because they're nonbinary by nature but they've decided to take on the earth human role of a female person?

3. I mean I gueeess but the genital assignment makes it kinda... more of a trans thing. And they do seem to be fem nonbinary and prefer she pronouns. That seems like a part of human culture that particularly fits.

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I tend to assume they're going with "she" on Earth with whatever they have for Translator Microbes while their homeworld and its language have no such thing as gender.

• Like x 3
  5. Insomniac

Insomniac tired

I've always had a secret headcanon of non-binary, asexual, aromantic Winter Soldier from Captain America MCU.

Sentou Yuosei Yukikaze's Rei Fukai is in love with his own fighter jet, the eponymous Yukikaze. I personally think he's female-to-male trans. His commanding officer, Jack Bukhar, shows quite a bit of interest in him. Reminds me of a very confidant female-to-male friend in the US airforce. In fact everyone in Yukikaze makes me wish they were non-bibary in canon.

And EEEWww Tom Cruise is making the Hollywood movie. Just because no one really knows about it doesn't mean he can AGAIN (Edge of Tomorrow and the cringe-inducing white-washing of Major Kusanagi via Scarlet Johanson's Ghost in the Shell.) wipe out all the original POC's existence. So fucking upset about Matoko Kusanagi though. She's like the poster child for non-binary for me.

Karas! Oh my one true love after Five Star Stories,
    Otoha is Karas (The Crow) a supernatural judge, jury and executioner with the ability to turn into a GatlingGoodxMOARdakka! fighter jet, a sweet armored car and various other very clearly NOT human things that aids him in his guardianship. I mean, he's like Batman without as much whiny man-pain but chosen by the spirit of a city (Otoha's is Edo/Tokyo called a Yurine) to execute its will, and daaaMn does he know how to do his job.

By virtue of his backstory he's almost canon non-binary. Kind of hard to care about gender or identity issues when the Will of the one-time most populous City in the world wants you to hunt down your predecessor for basically having centuries long mental breakdown due to Humanity's cruel and callous abuse of the planet.

Want to read manga of non-binary Gods/dess (No one is sure what Amaterasu is.) a love story that spans millenias, time travel AND dimensions, ACTUAL!Dragons, the most beautiful giant sentient mechas ever designed (don't look at me, go look at AKD Amaterasu's MM Auge) and organic, genetically engineered humanoid computers who turn out to be reincarnations of the Fates? The Five Star Stories by Mamoru Nagano.

Unfortunately it's a very old site, with not a lot of updates.

• Like x 3
  6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Not really a headcanon since I watched exactly 30 seconds of the stuff, but one day, I was watching TV with my brother, and I switched channels and Haikyuu came up. The second Hinata showed up on screen, I thought "He's trans". My brother (who can be kinda transphobic though) said "He's trans".

• Like x 3
  7. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

Theatre fandom is different (theatre is like 99% fanfiction anyway) so this is less "headcanon" and more "something I'd like to see": Mimi in RENT.

• Like x 6
  8. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Kino! Yeah, they never correct anyone on their gender. I remember feeling disappointed when their biological sex was revealed. I liked the ambiguity. (I first watched that show as a high schooler and I had such a crush on Kino.)

• Like x 3
  9. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

@palindromordnilap also I endorse this Haikyuu headcanon. Was it his voice, or his littleness, or?

• Like x 1
  10. palindromordnilap

11. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

I feel like this is the most appropriate place to discuss this outside of making a thread for Hunter X Hunter, but if you want an Actual Canon Trans Girl

Killua's little sister Alluka is trans. The words "Alluka is a trans girl" aren't spoken, but there is oodles and oodles of contextual evidence that she is. Basically the entire point of that arc is that Killua knows his little sister and the rest of their family doesn't, and he frequently refers to her in ways that imply she's a girl.

Now for things that aren't canon!

I can't not imagine Chat Noir/Adrien Agreste from Miraculous Ladybug as nonbinary. Also, Juleka and Ivan both strike me as binary trans (to mean, Juleka as a trans girl and Ivan as a trans boy).

I like to think of Undyne from Undertale as a trans woman, partly because I like to think she's a betta fish because of her coloration. Related: I really like it when people draw her with a big fin instead of with hair, because that goes along with it! Similarly, I like AFAB feminine-leaning nonbinary Alphys, because she expresses a lot of self-doubt and man can that configuration make people feel like fakers. So, it just sort of goes along with her personality.

Agender Connie Maheswaran is another one. She assumes she's cis for a long time and is like, intellectually aware of nonbinary people, but she goes to college and meets some agender people. Cue a phone call to Steven: "Steven!! Am I a girl??" "...uh. Are you?" "I DON'T KNOW."

More obscurely, you know Greg's relatives who owned the barn? I imagine the guy was trans. Or they were lesbians and one was posing as a dude with a big fake moustache.

• Like x 6
  12. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

same! and i saw a post with a screenshot of that line in the new anime, and they didnt change it at all, so even if it was mistranslated the first time then theyre just rolling with it :D

• Like x 3
  13. And/or not understanding that some people are actually happy as both.

• Like x 1
  14. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Less actually backed up in canon but I kind of enjoy speculating about trans guy McGee and some kind of would-be-nb-if-he-were-growing-up-today Gibbs from NCIS.

• Like x 4
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Is Redwall the only series where the author lost track and had two characters swap genders between books, or has that happened elsewhere? Seems like a rich source of headcanoning for me. Also Redwall; the male protagonist Samkim was based on/named after a female fan named Samantha Kim (and his friend Arula on a fan named Laura), and that got me thinking trans boy Samkim would be awesome. Mossflower doesn't really have much in the way of defined gender roles and is perpetually medieval in terms of technology and information, so I get the feeling nobeast would really get why the right pronouns were so important, but I can only imagine the Abbey would try to remember and be happy they were making their friend happy.

• Like x 5
  16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I think someone mentioned it happening in the Warrior Cats books?

• Like x 2
  17. palindromordnilap

It seems to be a talking animals thing.

• Like x 3
  18. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

In unrelated news, a friend of mine posted this in the Discord group chat:
    tumblr_o7kdgq8MPO1rsxhdbo1_1280.jpg

(Caption: "It also makes you get in the fucking robot")

...And while it's a joke, it got me thinking about how "trans girl who has no idea" would actually fit pretty well into Shinji's suite of massive emotional problems. Especially all his sexual hangups about the women in his life.

• Like x 13
  19. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Ooo, trans girl Shinji has a lot of potential, that's for sure.

• Like x 5
  20. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

potential to make him even more sad.
    good.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice