Trans Headcanons

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Apr 24, 2016.

1. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

what comic is this, anyway?

2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

it's called gastrophobia, and it's about an amazon woman who had a son and didn't want to give him up to the gargareans so she was exiled. it starts off simple, just phobia(the mom) and gastro(the son) traveling and his mom acting as a sellsword. it gets more wild as the comic goes on, eventually having greek(ish) themed monsters show up and other stuff. the art is cute and while the comic is mainly comedic the main plotline can be dramatic and intriguing.

• Like x 1
  3. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Sorry, wasn't there, but yes!

This could work as AMAB trans girl Jame and AFAB trans boy Tori. This would have a tomboy trans Jame and femme trans boy Tori.

It could also work the other way. Both still in the closet. Trans boy Jame realizing there's a reason why everyone always genders her male. Trans girl Tori working out why he's always struggling with masculinity.

• Like x 3
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I am very partial to femme trans boy Tori because reasons. Those reasons being I am not the manliest man. SO VERY PARTIAL. Though trans girl Tori would be really fun given his backstory and what not.

Also I mentioned this to you in skype but yoooooooo genderqueer Jame. Jame's gender is Jame. JAME.

• Like x 1
  5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i finished watching season 1 of the new voltron, and pidge's gender and sex seemed to be a non-issue for the characters. like, sure, they talked about it a bit when it was revealed that he was afab and it played a bit of a role in his flashbacks, but after that, they just stopped. and they didn't change the pronouns they used to refer to pidge, or call him "katie." and he never asked them to call him that or change his pronouns. and it isn't as though he'd get in trouble with anyone there if he started presenting feminine, being called katie and using female pronouns so it isn't external factors that have caused things to remain Basically The Same for pidge, gender-wise.

and pidge-as-katie, in the flashbacks, looked much less natural to me than pidge-as-pidge in the show's present did.

and yeah, i think that really supports my trans!pidge headcanon.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    • Like x 2
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

And on the subject of Voltron, I am in a projecty mood, so Coran and Hunk as trans dudes. Cause fuck it, they're my faves and I like it that way.

• Like x 1
  7. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I always liked the idea of one of those "you're a GIRL!??" reveals to involve the other party having a little, wait, but I thought you were like me? Yunno, not a girl? I was hoping we could, i dunno, share stories or something? So I guess Trans!Lance might be good for a self-indulgant little oneshot.

• Like x 2
  8. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I will fly the flag of trans!Asami Sato unto my death.

• Like x 5
  9. Aondeug

tell me more

• Like x 1
  10. I REMEMBER THIS gosh I should get back to reading that it was great.

And for those of you sharing headcanons for media I don't know, just know that your enthusiasm makes me smile lots, this thread makes me very happy.

• Like x 2
  11. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

OKAY SO
    I realize this is falling sort of into stereotype but has anyone thought of the fact that the first few season of Red Vs. Blue, which are waaaay more early 2000s-y humor than the rest of the seasons, would be so much sadder in an awesome way if Donut (guy in pink armor) were trans?

Reasons why I thought of this:
    I realize that he's meant to be a gay stereotype, really, but consider the fact that he does not like his pink armor- maybe cause it's dysphoria inducing? And because of the armor a lot of the characters refer to him as a girl, Caboose's headspace version of him is female, etc, and this is about ten billion times sadder if he's trans.

I actually have a few genderweird headcanons for RvB- the main other one is genderqueer for Tex (though not for Alison) for reasons of a throw away gag in like, season one, and I headcanon a lot of the different ai fragments as some kind of genderodd.

IDK.

I'm binge watching the show again and I'm getting feels about these ridiculous toy soldiers, okay?

• Like x 3
  12. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I have no idea if "tell me more" was directed at me or somebody posting before me, but hot damn if I won't take it as an opening for me to talk more about trans!Asami.

I noticed trans!Korra was a popular headcanon in LOK circles, to the point it was the only trans headcanon I saw if trans was mentioned anywhere around the parts of fandom I saw. And I thought to myself, "Why? Screw you, anyone can be trans! What if Asami was the trans one in the pair?"

So it originated out of sheer determination to do what I'd not seen done, and then... I got attached.

My pale-sis consistently words it a lot better why it resonates for us real swell (and also I am not great at summarizing things properly oh gosh someone's going to chew me out for this poor attempt to Legend of Korra), but in the current treatment of queers in media (and now the reminder from Orlando of real life, thanks shooter!), one of the things that stands out is how freaking happy Asami gets to be (you know, for someone in the ATLA/LOK-verse, which means she suffers a lot of emotional turmoil, but relatively speaking).

Asami's father loves her unconditionally, despite her going against his beliefs/politics initially and choosing the other side knowing it will let down her family she cares about a lot; he eventually ends up sacrificing himself for her, he'd rather save his kid than stick to his war.

Korra initially doesn't like her, she views her as a threat and an outsider, and then gets to know her and actually finds out that hey, she's a PERSON and not some alien weirdo, Korra, jeez, she's just a girl like you stop with the hostility she wants to be your friend. And when she treats Asami like a person she realizes she really likes her, and connects with her, and trusts her, and they can connect and bond, and man imagine being Asami and having another person who's been sort of... never isolated, but always kinda different from everyone else around you, y'know? And she gets it.

Asami is beautiful, and smart, and strong, and nobody ever questions that, there's no jokes about her not looking female enough or pretty enough, like my pale-sis said if she were trans, it takes place in a universe were she gets to be trans, she gets to be in the body she wants and it's not a story about the transition or how she's trapped and unhappy, it would just... be. A thing. That is. She gets to have the boy, she gets to have the girl when the boy doesn't work out, she gets to be gorgeous and wear dresses and drive fast cars and motorbikes and meet the avatar and she can't bend but nobody points it out or cares because she's Asami freaking Sato, she doesn't need bending to be one of the most powerful women in the world--

I have no idea if that explained/'justified' it to anyone, but at least I got to ramble about trans!Asami a bit. This lady gives me feels and that's what matters to me.

• Like x 6
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

@adisagestar I don't know this fandom and when you said Soldier 76 all that sprang to mind was SCP-076, which would be cool - logically his file would say so, but then who's got close enough to tell? Come to think of it, why are there no trans SCPs I can think of? (I maintain that 682 is a girl but that's not being trans, that's just unfamiliar species physiology.) Maybe there are and they just got access to the Gender-Switcher and so it's no longer relevant and not kept in their files.

@Acey Trans boy Meenah who still loves pink and sparkles and has the problems that DMAB fuschias are genetically impossible and she was in the public eye from birth? I have the same problem with trans boy Rainbow Dash, the Mane Six are supposed to show there's no wrong way to be a girl and that idea is kind of pushing the idea that she is being a girl wrong. Trans girl Rainbow Dash is awesome.

The male character Samkim in the Redwall series was named after a female fan (Samantha Kim). Is it wrong to use that as basis for a trans boy interpretation of him?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    • Like x 6
  14. Aondeug

I LIKE THIS TRANS ASAMI YES.

• Like x 3
  15. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Oh damn, I can dig both of those things! Especially the latter.

16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Sorry, I typed on autopilot - it should have been "he was in the public eye from birth".

• Like x 1
  17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Junkrat and Roadhog.

• Like x 2
  18. I have a headcanon that Touga Kiryuu from Revolutionary Girl Utena is a transwoman and discovers it after the series is over. Perhaps getting inspired by Utena, not getting that she was not actually attracted to her but actually wanted to be like her and removing the toxic masculinity they had throughout the series.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Like x 3
  19. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

I am currently way into Batman, so. I didn't have any particular Batman trans headcanons except maybe nonbinary Tim Drake (I really identify with him, which might be why.), but a little while ago I saw a tumblr post about trans Jason Todd for some reason the idea is really captivating to me in either direction.

20. Oh, right, so, as painful as it is, Apollo Justice from Ace Attorney really strikes me as the perfect fit for a trans guy headcanon. A little short, round kinda boyish face, always wears vests??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice