Transformers: These Games We Play

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by spockandawe, Jul 8, 2016.

1. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Ahhh, finally got around to commenting about the latest TGWP update via AO3 and just...I'm realizing now that if Chromia is already up and about, she must be either a DAMN good actor (maybe even as smooth as Jazz) or else EXCELLENT at temporarily bouncing back from the years of trauma at Shockwave's hands to reclaim her agency, or BOTH, and I love her. I want to know more about what went down in her head all this time, almost as much as I want to know everything from Jazz's perspective

• Agree x 5
  2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I really loved the teeny tiny bit of her we got to see in the christmas fic, and it showed a little more of her being THERE than Jazz got to see, but it wasn't enough! Give me more! Tell me EVERYTHING! (i love her)

Also, on a mostly-unrelated note, I read a zekass story yesterday featuring shockwave, elita, and chromia, and it's very much not tgwp shockwave, but I'm super pleased because now I've got a nice spread of sympathetic vs unsympathetic characterization for him now.

(also I need more motormaster in my life. From what Jazz said, he's probably dead on earth and we won't get to see even the aftermath ourselves and I'm very :C )

• Like x 1
  3. coldstars

Some stuff from a reply from peacewish on AO3, bolded part by me

/pours more fuel on the Jazz-Lives communal desperation bonfire/ as long as Peacewish refers to Jazz using the present tense, I Want To Believe

• Like x 2
  4. spockandawe

Additional replies! Bolding and underline by me.

So nothing about Jazz's survival (even though I'm pretty sure he HAS to live, I'll die if he doesn't, and I'm pretty sure Soundwave will too), but I'm still loving Jazz's feelings poking through, even with how he and Soundwave won't stop hurting each other.

• Like x 5
  5. coldstars

jazz.png

/muffled X-files theme plays in the distance/

Also, I forgot to mention at the time, but HA! I feel so pleased/vindicated that my wild hope that Prowl was alive + too smart to die so easily was completely correct. My boy, my beautiful boy!

• Agree x 4
  6. spockandawe

My pretty, cold boy, and his rock-solid self-control and tactical thinking, and taking the slow, careful steps to pull everyone back from the brink!!! I'm so glad ;-;

• Like x 2
  7. Petra

Petra space case

Has there been an update since may?

8. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

no updates, no! peacewish has replied to some comments, though.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. Petra

Petra space case

Okay! Thanks Apple. <3

• Like x 1
  10. applechime

you are MOST WELCOME!!! all the latest tgwp news, reported live as it happens by our canadian correspondent apple c. chime
    (☞>ᴗó)☞

• Winner x 8
  11. applechime

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IT WAS ALL WORTH IT IM SO SO HAPPY I LOVE MY SON SO MUCH, EAT SHIT 12_DRAKON AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO WANTED MY BEAUTIFUL HARDWORKING SON TO BE HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree x 2
  12. applechime

GO!!!!!!!!!!!! READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like x 3
  13. Petra

Petra space case

14. applechime

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  15. Petra

Petra space case

That was FUCKING beautiful.

This is about the time for an epilogue I guess. or falling action, because that sure as SHIT was the climax.

• Agree x 3
  16. coldstars

I'm in tears. Fuck

Soundwave, you beautiful boy. You finally did it

• Agree x 5
  17. Petra

Petra space case

My guess

Soundwave still would struggle to directly fight Megatron. But he CAN just... not back Megatron up. Focus entirely on something or someone else. Kick Jazz past Megatron on the loyalty priority list and try to ignore Megatron's brutal death as he protects Jazz.

18. spockandawe

Oh my god oh my god

BLASTER!!!!!! CARES!!!!!!! ABOUT SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner x 5
  19. spockandawe

I'M DEAD. I'm so choked up I can't even talk, this was even more beautiful than I'd ever hoped, and I care so much about ALL THESE DORKS RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAAA

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 1
  20. spockandawe

I'M DEAD I'M HONESTLY DEAD

This was so good, and I knew it would be good, it was even better than I'd ever ever ever hoped it could be. Blaster is such a GOOD BOY AND ALL OF THEM ARE GOOD BOYS

Soundwave is willing to not own Jazz because he loves Jazz so much and he's desperate to have anything of him, even if he can't lock him down hard enough to feel secure. But for that, Jazz CHOSE him, and once Jazz CHOOSES you, you're his forever, and he's not going to let you go.

Even with the owning, Jazz *wanted* to choose him. He wanted that, even knowing he really truly couldn't live with it, and that it would suffocate him. And once Soundwave realized that, he BENT. Soundwave! BENT! FOR JAZZ!

He gave Jazz the opening that let Jazz safely love him! He sacrificed his own emotional security for Jazz, and Jazz repays that by stepping in voluntarily. He can't hold Jazz, but Jazz is so loyal, so much of a protector. Jazz says to Blaster how exhausted he is, and Soundwave realizes that HE'S hurting Jazz by trying to demand this of him, and he backs down and sacrifices for Jazz. And Jazz repays that with love.

I'm so, so, so emotional about this right now

eta: me, looking at Certain Commenters

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice