Transformers: These Games We Play

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by spockandawe, Jul 8, 2016.

1. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Alright, i'll see about messaging her once my spoons grow because my phone caused me hours of trouble today. And augh

• Like x 1
  2. mizushimo

I sent Peacewish the link to this forum with an explanation!

• Like x 5
  3. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

oh man now i'm worried that peacewish might potentially see that i said that the first few chapters weren't as quality as the rest of the fic..... that was.. a lie..... i was self-conscious and downplaying my enjoyment of the fic........ i was trying to Play It Cool.........

• Like x 4
  4. mizushimo

Peacewish seems to be a chill and thoughtful person, I don't think they are going to be offended if people aren't gushing about their fic in every post. It's likely that she's not really going to look at the thread at all. What's going to stand out more is defintely my little freak out about the story's direction a few pages back. Ehhh, All I can say to that is I get really emotional about things and jump to conclusions sometimes.

Update: They replied to my livejournal post but not to my pm, I might not have sent it...because livejournal is hella unwieldy. I'm used to newer technology >>;.

They are thinking about moving the fic over to AO3! I'm excited! Feel free to weigh in on anything being discussed over there.

• Like x 6
  5. applechime

this jazz quote from the second most recent LJ update makes me Suspicion
    “I mean that, I want you know. I really am sorry. But everything’s gonna be okay. They are very good at what they do, Soundwave. And you are the best at what you do. You’re going to be just fine.”

the wording is so Suspect. i really am sorry for what i have gleefully worked towards bringing about, sincerely. everything's gonna be okay, i feel comfortable stating definitively, for reasons i will not explain.

idk. it just seems very...... intentional? hmmmm >:|a

• Like x 4
  6. applechime

:o peacewish has posted the first chapter on ao3!

• Like x 6
  7. Petra

Petra space case

Must go leave kudos!

8. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

@amberbydreams, SO

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6878200/1/These-Games-We-Play

This story, man. This story. It's derived from the eighties cartoon, though it has very little to do with the events of the cartoon itself, just uses the setting, and basically: The autobots lost the war, the survivors are all slaves and have been given as presents to favored decepticons under Megatron's rule. And this is very, very much a sexual slavery thing. The main ship (Jazz/Soundwave) isn't so rapey, because Soundwave wants enthusiastic consent from Jazz, but Soundwave has a... poor grasp of boundaries, and sets out to erode Jazz's defenses (with loads of nonconsensual and dubiously consensual sfw physical affection) and Stockholm him into loving Soundwave. But it's also legit sweet? It's an emotionally complex setup. And every other decepticon/slave pair is definitely sexual slavery (even the ones that are the cybertronian equivalent of babbies. adults, but like tailgate, very young adults), and Megatron has explicitly raped every autobot survivor and still will snag any of the slaves for a quick rape whenever he wants.

It's so fucked up, but there's such great emotions and plot, and this Megatron is deliciously despicable. I don't know if I've read any other fics that balance the incredible sketchiness against genuine emotions so, so well. And the power differential between Soundwave and Jazz is to DIE for. Especially since it's not really just Soundwave vs slave!Jazz, it's Soundwave AND Ravage AND Frenzy AND Rumble AND Laserbeak AND Buzzsaw, all against Jazz, and just... everything is amazing. I love this story so much. We have a separate thread for this story because we love it so much that it was getting obnoxious on the main thread. With awesome, funky robot xeno. I didn't know anything about the original cartoon when I read this and followed it just fine, so I highly recommend it if you're interested in checking it out.

• Like x 6
  9. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

!!!! I've been recommended it already actually :D (thanks @mizushimo ) but I'm trying to read through some of the comic before I start it, and/or wait till I have a weekend free, because I see that 270k word count and I 100% guarantee you that I will do nothing but read this fic for as long as it takes to read it. When I start on a good fic, I don't stop. I practically can't stop. So.. I will read this. But I want to have a biiit more character context and a chunk of free time before I can read it cx

• Like x 7
  10. applechime

liiiiittle baby update!!
    poor sunny :(

• Like x 2
  11. mizushimo

Ok so my pm on livejournal never went through, even though it's in my 'sent messages' box. AO3 doesn't have a PM feature so I'm at a bit of a loss on how to send peacewish the forum link. The other option is to, I guess, post in in the livejournal comments. But that would make the thread public and I don't know if I should do that.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  12. Petra

Petra space case

Legit pissed at Soundwave on two fronts. One is that of course he's concerned with Laserbeak, but she's in stable condition, and the autobots megatron is beating aren't. The other is just resigned sadness that he interprets Jazz's thing as 'I FINALLY TRAINED HIM' and not 'i want you to WANT to give me freedom, because frankly if i was just going to run away i would be GONE'.

• Like x 4
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

SHAKES SOUNDWAVE UNTIL HE STOPS DOING THE THING

I mean it's perfectly consistent with his typical behavior but oh my god it is two steps forward, one step back with this guy all the time. Let Hook fix up poor Sunstreaker! You rude fuck!!!

• Like x 3
  14. spockandawe

I don't mind if the link is public! It's a pretty chill place to show the forum as a thing, I think.

SOUNDWAVE. I know you're upset, but come on, man. Also, confide in jazz in more detail, you absolute twit. You're too straightforward to get out of this mess if you play this your normal way, you need Jazz to be tricky and difficult and your life is made of weak points, you need to help your family brace themselves for the storm

• Like x 2
  15. applechime

hey hey. hey hey hey hey

UPDATE
    it's a small one but IT'S A DOOZY

• Like x 2
  16. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

AAAAA HPOLY FUCK

• Like x 1
  17. spockandawe

auuuuuuughhhhh my internet isn't loading like half the lj page no matter how many times i try

• Like x 3
  18. Petra

Petra space case

rip spock, she died as she lived, excited about giant robots

• Like x 3
  19. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

[​IMG]

It's okay...we can rebuild her...

• Like x 4
  20. Petra

Petra space case

Sometimes I can still hear her voice...

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice