Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love, and a Hard-Boiled Egg

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by LadyNighteyes, May 24, 2016.

?

What's your favorite Discworld theme?

1. Rincewind

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. The Watch

35 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. The Witches

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Death and Susan

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. Moist von Lipwig

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  6. Tiffany Aching

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Stand-alone novels

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I don't even want to think about what CMOT Dibbler would be selling.

• Agree x 6
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

whatever it is, Nobby’s got twelve of them

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
  3. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

I have to disagree on one point- Vetinari would not be ignoring the guidelines he set for everyone else. Rather, he'd be following the guidelines, but in as unsettling a manner as possible. He always remains exactly six feet from you. You find yourself quietly praying he doesn't decide you should be six feet below him instead.

Other than that, spot on.

• Agree x 11
    • Winner x 5
  4. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

You made it better. Holy crap.

If he didn’t follow the guidelines, Sam Vimes would probably be obligated to arrest him anyway. Neither of them needs that right now. The city certainly doesn’t need it.

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 1
  5. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

There's a television series on BBC2 that's inspired by the Discworld books.

It's called 'The Watch' and it's taken quite the creative licence, but it's quite entertaining so far.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've heard of it. I think you kind of have to take it as its own thing rather than anything to do with Discworld though.

7. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

It's terrible.

• Informative x 1
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I have only just now made the connection between Vetinari's aunt's unclassy flatulent street cat and his own gingivitic mutt Wuffles

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

have moved on to the Witches books. really enjoying the idea of Esme Weatherwax in some modern au driving an ancient rusted old beater of a sedan, held together partly by duct tape but mostly by willpower, which shouldn't be running at all except for the fact that Granny Weatherwax doesn't know enough about cars to be able to notice any of its many problems.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Nanny Ogg rides a motorcycle with a sidecar for Greebo. possibly one of those three-wheeled ones. Magrat drives a first-generation prius

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 2
  11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I wish I had known about it before relistening to like 3/4 of the books by now at work!! that's awesome!!

13. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

The lilac is really blooming in abundance this 25th. Last year it seemed like it bloomed very early and was mostly gone by now.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I've noticed the same thing here. it started last week, but it's still going.

• Like x 2
  15. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

My dad has been reading that one to mom. It's very entertaining.

16. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

My partner has been running a version of Brindlewood Bay (you play meddling little old ladies à la Miss Marple in a sleepy tourist town) and we've had a few Discworld cameos including the banker/postmaster Dewey and a town sheriff who desperately wants a drink after dealing with us but knows he can't.

• Winner x 5
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Found this in the donations at the library today, I don't go here but though y'all'd like to see:

IMG_20220906_155620_resize_73.jpg IMG_20220906_155603_resize_69.jpg IMG_20220906_155659_resize_86.jpg

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice