Trying to rework a superpower concept, would like input.

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by ChelG, Feb 17, 2016.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've read through the RPG Bliss Stage, and it has some interesting ideas but I don't like the way they're executed, so instead of complaining I want to rework them to better suit my own work. For one thing in the original RPG the powers rely uncomfortably on underage sex >_< If that was the only issue I'd just use older characters, obviously. Better explanation...

In the game, powers rely on intimacy levels. A strong bond allows a fighter character to form a magical weapon or armour piece, ideally stylistically linked in some way to the bond. I really like this idea and want to use it for something. However, the game provides "minimum actions" for intimacy levels, and one can't get the highest level without sex or romantic interaction, which screws over ace folks, devalues friendship, and is kind of creepy. I'd like some advice on building a better way to work that kind of thing without getting too complicated. Actions causing automatic full level-ups don't really work to my mind, as one can, for example, have sex with someone you don't care about at all, or have a blood relation you've never met, or be deeply attached to someone you only know online and have never actually seen. I did like that it counts verbal and physical fighting among the actions, as one could work it with strong emotion of any sort being the bond, but then how do enemy battles work?

Plus, in the game, only one or two people per team are fighters. If I'm making, say, a superhero/mahou team, can they form each others' weaponry/armour, and if so, how do I keep any kind of character design/power consistency? I did have a loose idea of a magical attack which takes the tiny bit of bond with each of the thousands of people the hero protects and merges it into one big blast. Could do something with that.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice