'Tsugi Tarot Readings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Vacuum Energy, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

So Nai, Wix, and I were in the Skype chat and decided that we should do a thread for requesting and doing tarot readings.

Nai likes doing single-card spreads best, Wix likes doing three-card spreads, and I like doing those big huge spreads with lots and lots of cards with their own defined meanings. Presently I've got a queued up reading I need to do for Nai re: job stuff, but really I'm throwing this open - post requests and we'll try to get to them! (You can request that a specific person do a reading if you want.)

Keep in mind though that the more cards involved the longer it'll take. I could probably only do two or three big spreads a day, while single cards I could do dozens of! So I'd like to suggest that I'm the person to ask about Big Deals like 'tell me about what I might need to be careful about when applying to school' or 'wtf is going on with me emotionally, in excruciating detail', and that littler things are one- or three-card stuff.

If you can, ask a specific question, or at least 'hey, tell me about [time period]'? It helps me, at least.

Fun fact: Apparently for Kintsugi folk, the Empress and Emperor are now basically explicitly associated with genderstuff, 'influence of the feminine'/'influence of the masculine'. This is an interesting evolution of associations.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    • Like x 8
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I've also got four decks (one in Cleansing Baby Jail) so if you want a specific one out of dragons/steampunk/homestuck/silhouettes, let me know!

• Like x 1
  3. Vacuum Energy

I have an adorable cats deck, and also a steampunk deck (and will take pictures of spreads if requested). Each one of us has a slightly different interpretation of any given card, so your reading may vary based on who you ask!

• Like x 1
  4. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

It sounds like this thing with my family expanding and maybe moving house is actually going to happen? Id love to see what the cards say about that--how it'll go, advice, what to be careful of, that style of thing. When anyone has some time.

5. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I have two decks but I haven't touched them in ages >.>; Every time I'm like, "Yes! I'm going to get into tarot again!" I just do not do it. But this is a pretty awesome idea, so I like it! If I can think of any questions, I will ask!

6. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

hmm. . . please advice on college things, im curious :o ive been stressing a lot over actually. . . applying. . . im very close to just applying ED to one local school that i know for sure i can get into, plus its a really good school and they have this one really good scholarship i can get with no problem, PLUS they take ap credits and i can commute, but at the same time. . . i also sorta want a ~*~* real college experience~*~* but im not sure how id handle it and aghghghg
    im not sure!! but some sort of cardly advice would be neat if you have the time/inclination :p

7. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Bluh, I probably should do my own readings, but I'm an amateur and am still learning my card meanings anyway (my deck is complicated and its guide book unhelpful), but I kind of want to ask? I've been having issues with my writing in a 'I have ideas and characters, but can't plot or write well lately', and I dunno what to do with that? This is a really cool idea btw

8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

this is really cool, though i'm not really sure what i wanna ask for yet.

9. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Can I get one on school stuff?

10. Vacuum Energy

@Starcrossedsky

Modified Celtic Cross for Nai

You were asking about the prospects for turning glass-stuff into an actual career. So here's the cards:

1 (The question/theme of the reading): Empress; abundance and creation. Can your glasswork support itself as a source of income rather than just as a hobby? Is the soil fertile and rich enough?

2 (The obstacle/influence on the question/theme): Seven of Wands; defensiveness about one's values, requiring some reexamination thereof. Here's the thing: there's this societal notion that if you're middle-class or above, you should find something you love to do. This is all very well, but these are difficult economic times and it is possible you are doubting whether you shouldn't just get a day job.

3 (How you feel/think on the inside about the question/theme): Hermit; retreating inside yourself to seek spiritual growth. What do you really want from life? Therein lies the question, and I'm guessing you've been considering it pretty carefully.

4 (Past influence on the question/theme): Magician; mastery, and using your will to make a mark on the world. Making something tangible is something that a lot of people find great pleasure in, because it's a way for work to correspond directly to results in an easy-to-see way. Glasswork, therefore, makes you feel good.

5 (How others see you or what you show on the outside about the question/theme): Five of Wands; Conflict. More generally, too many unknown and chaotic variables to make a firm decision about. You are certainly expressing enough doubt to want me to read this!

6 (Possible direct future from the question/theme): Two of Pentacles; managing all those irons you have in the fire. Entrepreneurship is not just a matter of making stuff, you also need to learn about tax and corporate law, and accounting, and marketing, and design. To an extent you can bypass some of this by hiring other people to do it, but you don't look like you have enough money to hire other people. You are going to do a lot of hard work.

7 (Yourself right now): Page of Wands; someone embarking on a new project. This seems straightforward enough.

8 (The environment): Two of Cups; new relationships and partnerships. Traditionally this card often means romance, but 1) this is a career spread and 2) I'm aro-ace, so I'm not gonna read this as a romantic relationship. This is, moreso, a good business partnership. You should be able to find someone to help you re: the business side of things.

9 (Hopes and/or fears): Six of Pentacles; people will help you, if you ask. I know it's hard but you should really make sure you ask for help when you need it. Don't be afraid of being turned down; the worst that can happen is that you're in the exact same situation you were in already.

10 (Outcome): Queen of Pentacles; fostering material/financial success and stability. You are going to need to work goddamn hard for this but it's very much possible.

Okay, that's enough spreads for me for tonight; I've been asked to develop a spread specifically for gender shit, so I'm going to go work on that.

11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

(Will check out requests later, right now I need to sleep)

If you want to ask me stuff but don't have a Specific Question, I can do a simple past-present-future reading, those are fun.

• Like x 1
  12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Ooh! Imma add my name to list of requests for probably just the past/present/future

(because i have no idea what i'm doing ever)

13. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

@wixbloom that also sounds hella fun, if you've run through the requests and still feel like doing them.

14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Oooh this sounds fun. I tend to do five card spreads personally. There's just something very nice about five cards. Though I do mean to learn other spreads. Especially ones inspired by media because fuck you pop culture magic I HAVE MY ZELDA SPREADS AND YOU HAVE MISERY AND NO FUN.

Not really sure what I'd ask though so for now I will just nod approvingly about these proceedings.

15. Vacuum Energy

In somewhat related news apparently I accidentally ended up with a meme tarot. (I said it was a terrible idea but everyone enabled me.)

• Like x 6
  16. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I need to pick up a new set of runes, my old ones got lost/destroyed in moving ...

Or pick up or make some rune cards. Or both.

• Like x 2
  17. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I would like to put my hand up. Just to get some direction for the next few months :c

18. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Oh man this sounds rad ::D

My mom has a fuckton of tarot decks, I only have Victoria Frances' Favole deck. (I need the HS deck, tho. Like, burning.)

I like multicard spreads best, both the smaller and the larger ones.

That being said, I'd like to request a past/present/future reading.

19. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i've thought about it and hmmm... i guess i'll start with requesting a past/present/future reading.

20. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I'd like to request a future reading, if possible, with a strong focus of if and when I'll be able to find an apartment and if I'm going about this the right way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice