'Tsugi Tarot Readings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Vacuum Energy, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

Going to put my deck out for occasional Kintsugi readings. I'd rather do runes, but I don't have a set atm.

I've got the Thoth deck, and my standard spread is the Golden Dawn spread. It's 15 cards, doesn't require a specific question, and can be hella informative.

• Like x 1
  2. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

Well since Bird just asked for a reading... Can I get a "how not to totally lose my shit during uni this semester while I cope with Bird being in England and I deal with uni in general which always kicks my butt and makes me horribly exhausted and also I try to have a social life so I don't get lonely". I don't mind who does the reading, anyone is fine! That is a really big topic I am sorry!

Edit: I mean in the end I kick uni's butt and maintain a Distinction average but I still am exhausted by the end of semester.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  3. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

@ADigitalMagician i would love to see that whenever you have time.

Basically i think tarot is HELLA cool and i find it kind of fascinating how different people approach reading it, and i want all the readings. Uh. I will attempt to stop spamming the thread every time someone offers. Sorry.

• Like x 1
  4. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Thiiiis!

5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

btw i allow literally anyone on this thread who is interested to do my past/present/future reading for me - just putting this down in case anybody needed it clarified.

• Like x 1
  6. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

I can do it right now though major arcana only.
    and you'll have to help interpret I'm still newb.

Past: High Priestess
    Present: Death
    Future: Moon

• Like x 2
  7. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Yeah, seconding the "anyone who wants to practice can practice on me" sentiment.

I do have some moves n shit coming up, kind of curious how that's gonna go.

...also on a more concrete level, I would like to figure out why the fuck I keep taking impromptu naps in the afternoon after work, because im p. sure it fucked up the good ol' sleep schedule enough that *that's* why I got a migraine today.

*makes a mean face at own brain*

8. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

@unknownanonymous

might as well throw this in if you don't mind terrible interpretations I am awful at this

past: the Chariot
    present: six of cups
    future: ten of cups (redrawn due to deck reasons)

I think this means that you're moving towards more creative expression? but chariot in the past doesn't seem like a good thing, because it's got fairly positive traits unless it means that the shift towards cups means that you think more abstractly than you used to/are overwhelmed by cups-related creative energy that you can't focus on one thing at a time?

:mystery:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    • Like x 1
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@peripheral thanks!
    unfortunately, i dunno if i can really help interpret since i don't really know tarot that well either.

high priestess: based on wikipedia, i get the impression it's, like, very mystical and feminine and kinda connected to the empress. and like, the inner voice. so, like, i dunno, maybe it's about how when i was a young kid i believed i was half-fairy? and maybe it means i was more willing to be myself back then or something, before, like, tumblr shit and my anxiety?
    death: according to wikipedia, this means, like, the end of something and an increase in self-awareness. well, that sure happened recently for me - i talked about it in the hugbox and in a general advice thread at, like, the start of june. so yeah... makes sense. really sad but it definitely makes sense.
    moon: imagination, the spirit, intellect, fears, something about the untamed. and i think identity was also mentioned as a part of it?
    i reckon this has to do with my anxiety and how lately it gets in the way of my creative pursuits and stuff. and maybe how tumblr plays a part in increasing it?
    guess that means something'll happen on that front in my future.

also, fun fact from wikipedia: james bond apparently got my exact card spread in live and let die. dunno what that means but... seems kinda cool. though i'm sure as hell not anything like james bond, haha. :D

@Lambda the chariot makes sense, actually. i do feel like i was... better, more victorious in the past, creative-wise, anyway. 'cause for the last few years, my anxiety has stopped me from doing the creative stuff i wanna do.
    and i see the cups as being about my adhd, how i have many ideas that i then don't use 'cause of my anxiety, as well as how as i've grown up, i've learnt how to think less literally and expand beyond that autistic trait.

• Like x 1
  10. Lambda

and while my cards are out, might as well: @boyacrossthestreet

concerning your napping, I pulled 3 of swords, became confused, pulled 5 of pentacles for clarification, got more confused. is it possible that you're using naps as a stand-in for more appropriate self-care? or you might be at the start of getting sick and are trying to compensate without realizing. there's some sort of shit that the naps are trying to deal with, basically, which you might not be consciously aware of. could be health, or social stuff, or since it's post-work, it might be coworker conflict, or feeling like you don't get along with the people you work with, or worrying about how much you're paid.

D: I don't think this helped at all

11. kmoss

kmoss whoops

...shit, this actually makes sense. i really should just go to sleep earlier, but, like...it bugs me to go to sleep when not everyone is home, and my bro gets home from work at like 1030 most nights. it's probably that, tbh, because even though i sleep all the freaking time these days, i am actually getting stuff done, i just feel like shit when i do rn

(what does 3 of swords & 5 of pentacles mean? i've never checked out tarot before)

12. Lambda

in general, both of them have sort of negative meanings, things going badly, but I think of 3 of swords as having an internal issue/self-sabotaging (though it can be hurting oneself to get a good outcome), while 5 of pentacles has a whole list of potential problems but some of it can come from other people, while the former is entirely personal. also, I think the swords would be easier to overcome (the pentacles one would drag on longer with more indecision) and has more growth after the problem ends

uh, according to my own impressions while staring really hard at the card art, then using google to make them comprehensible.

• Like x 1
  13. kmoss

kmoss whoops

so basically, i am shooting myself in the foot and then wondering why my foot hurts so much
    *sighs*
    yep, par for the course. if people have, like, cards that could be typical for them, 3 of swords describes my entire life probably. haha :)
    thanks again!

14. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Mmkay, @Lissiel, a past/present/future spread. Bearing in mind that I'm a terrible noob, this deck and me are gonna need a lot of practice to mesh, and that it's flat-out said that if I don't love it enough it could become deceptive. xP

Past: The Lovers. Technically reversed, but I don't think this deck pays much attention to reverses. The Lovers, according to this book, 'expresses love and all that treats of the affections, as well as hesitation, indecision and instability'. This seems... fairly accurate from what I know of you, which admittedly isn't much?
    Present: Knight of Swords, oh my god, this deck loves this card which is awful because it means treachery and untrustworthiness. Sorry? Coudl also mean someone fermenting dissention among your friends. =/ That's technically the reverse meaning, but as said, I'm not sure this deck pays much attention to reverses, and it feels vaguely relevant, or might shed light.
    Future: Nine of Pentacles. This is... much better, pft, since it means 'a fairly substantial income, which will be the result of your own talent and thrift'.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  15. TwoBrokenMirrors

@a tiny mushroom I did a one-card draw for you, just to see what might turn up, and got the King of Cups; this particular book likes to attach the card meanings to people, so the description is 'a sympathetic and warm-hearted man, probably fair and a bachelor, also a man of law or the Church'. Which I think might be saying that Bird will still be a support to you despite being in England, or you may make another friend who will support you. Either way, it seems to be pointing to support from others, which is good?

• Like x 3
  16. TwoBrokenMirrors

@unknownanonymous A past/present/future reading for you!

Past: Page of Cups. Again, this book likes to say that face cards are people. 'A young, fair person of either sex, probably the bearer of a message. Integrity: also a birth'. I'm not sure it's not just saying 'yes, you sure were a person who was born', pfft. Integrity bodes well, though.
    Present: Seven of Cups, this deck's other favourite card (seriously I've drawn it so much?), whichis pretty damn positive, as it's unexpected luck or success and success in love/relationships. It may well be talking about your success in making friends and suchlike on Kintsugi, which perhaps you were not expecting.
    Future: Knight of Pentacles. 'A fair young man, unknown to the inquirer: a new arrival. Also, indiscreet behaviour with a member of the opposite sex, engendering worry and scandal'. Whoops, looks like you might make a new friend who isn't as good for you as they appear to be. =/

Because of that future, I drew another card to see how you might make the best of that situation if (and yeah, think of it as 'if'; I am new at this, and using a deck that might not like me as well as it should) it occurs, and got:
    Five of Pentacles: A windfall, described as money but I'm thinking it's more general than that in this situation, that compensates for past losses. So it might suck while it's happening, but you'll get something out of it you weren't expecting and that makes up for it. =)

• Like x 1
  17. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

• Like x 1
  18. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

...is it possible that your deck is fucking with me, @TwoBrokenMirrors? Because i was giddy with joy at the thought of moving in with my whole new family, and then immediately all my brain started in with "...what if they dont actually like you they just are using you because its easier to run a household with five paying adults than three and actually they probably hate you and etc etc" because my brain. Which uh. Sounds like that card. But i dont think its likely to be a real thing?

Now im all worried. :(

19. TwoBrokenMirrors

Aaaaaah @Lissiel I'm so sorry. =( I really, REALLY doubt that your situation is anything like that- if anything the card might be talking about YOUR mistrust. The future card seems to be pointing to a much happier future, where you've built yourself a comfortable life, so I would perhaps say that the cards are trying to tell you that it'll be okay, that you might be full of doubt and mistrust at the moment but it'll work out?

If it also helps, this is the deck that has told me that a relationship between me and it may turn out to be deceptive, so.

• Like x 1
  20. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

...misleading without actually lying. Nice. (Im a little :| about it in this case but that actually sounds like it would be interesting dynamic to work with, if very difficult. I love how different different decks can be.)

That would make sense as far as interpretations go. Thank you; sorry for being a spaz.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice