'Tsugi Tarot Readings

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Vacuum Energy, Jul 23, 2015.

1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Because I'm feeling kinda guilty, here's my official disclosure that I will get to requests, but won't have time until tomorrow because my birthday party is tonight.

• Like x 1
  2. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

@wixbloom happy birthday! I hope the party is lots of fun!

• Like x 1
  3. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

It's fine! That's a horrible sort of thing to fear that the cards might be telling you, and I'm sorry it turned out to be so apt.
    I have a feeling this deck is going to take a lot of cossetting and loving before it decides it likes me properly, heh. It's second-hand, so it quite possibly wants me to prove I'm as good as its last owner, or maybe has trust issues... The reason I'm reading with it and not the other one is because it's flat-out told me it'd prefer me to read for others. Or at least I asked it if it did and it gave me the Hanged Man, the card of self-sacrifice, so. xD
    Gonna be a bumpy ride to get a good relationship though I think.

• Like x 1
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I actually had no idea about you transitioning, but I hope so too!

• Like x 1
  5. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I would like a past/present/future reading from anyone who is interested :) With maybe a sort of focus on romance if that is at all possible?

I had a Tarot for Dummies book/card set that I tried to do some things with a few years ago, but I just felt weird, because I had to look everything up in a book.

6. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

This is normal. Tarot speaks its own language, and each deck speaks a different dialect. You need to learn the language before you can do it without assistance.

Runes are similar. (Really, any divination tool.)

• Like x 2
  7. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Does that mean I have to check whether my favole deck came with a handbook and then get my hands on said handbook again and that my general tarot interpretation book might give misleading readings because of said dialect? Damn.

8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I try to just keep the LWB with the deck, myself.

My understanding is that the meanings are at least similar across decks, but there are often small differences? So @ADigitalMagician said it well when she said each deck speaks its own dialect--the language is essentially the same, but there are gonna be regional differences and some will be easier to figure out on your own than others.

9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@TwoBrokenMirrors
    past: "you sure were a person who was born"
    haha nice
    and integrity... hmm... yeah, that's good.

present
    : and yeah it definitely could fit this! 'cause, like, kintsugi is amazing that way and well, i certainly wasn't expecting it to be like that at first. :D just yeah... kintsugi...

future
    : oh shit!
    like that sounds really bad, particularly 'cause i don't really feel like i'm close to that many people at the moment and i recently had one of my relationships got ruined, so yeah... i have a feeling that could be really, really, really bad for me, if it came to pass. and that doesn't even count how knowing this could make me constantly suspicious of everyone new i start to like. yeesh!

10. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

@unknownanonymous I'm sorry about the future reading! That's why I pulled the extra card that added that you'll get something that makes up for it. Really, I don't think being suspicious of people is necessary; I imagine the vast majority of folks you come to like will be absolutely fine. Please don't feel like this has doomed you to never trusting anyone. =(

• Like x 1
  11. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@TwoBrokenMirrors it's okay. wasn't your fault.
    that's good, that i'll get something that makes up for it - somehow i managed to miss that card, haha.
    and yeah, i'm glad this doesn't mean everyone will be terrible.

• Like x 1
  12. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Oooh, this is really cool!!
    I'd like to ask for a general reading about the friendship situation after this move. i am happy to be with my boyfriend and back into school, but i was hoping it'd be a chance to start clean and make friends and stuff, but on the third day of class i'm already known as "the girl who keeps answering all the teachers questions in history geography and lit/grammar", so even though most of my classmates are teenagers and i'm 23, i'm afraid this will turn into high school all over again.

And, without hijacking the post - do we have anything for astrology?? it's sorta of my specialty so if anyone wants to set up a thread id be willing to offer some interpretations!!

13. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

This thread is making me want to get back into tarot readings, but I'm awful at doing them for myself because I can never think of things to ask XD So if anyone wouldn't mind getting a reading from me, I could do it! I have two decks: Wildwood (which is non-traditional and it was my first deck and I adore it. It's very straightforward and doesn't beat around the bush) and Shaowscapes (refuses to give me clear answers but has spooked out other people when I use it to give them readings so I use it solely for other people. Tends to be more open to interpretation, and I go off the feelings the cards give me more than what the book says just 'cause that's the kind of deck it is).

So uh! If you're happy for me to give reading for you a crack, let me know! And if you have a deck preference, also let me know, or I can just go for whichever once I feel is the best.

14. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Ooh. Cheerfully volunteer for any reading. Uh, past present future?

15. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

Ahaha, it's actually quite apropos to my current situation...literally later that night I made some progress on the Devil --> Seven of Swords front, which is good! Although I think it can apply to my work situation as well as my gender :P in any case I'm really happy with the reading!

• Like x 1
  16. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

Whoops. I appear to have evaporated without doing the reading I promised Lissiel. I'm not sure it's going to happen at this point - I'm busy writing for my blog most of the time - but I might still be able to pop in with the occasional one- or three-card thing.

• Like x 1
  17. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

All good; not to worry. :)

18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Hey guys, so I went to do requests but... I absolutely can't make heads or tails of this thread and who is still waiting for a reading, and whowants one from me! So I ask you guys to please ping me, sorry for the trouble, I'm just too confused. In the meantime, I'm gonna tackle the ones that specifically asked for past/present/future readings from me.

Turns out even those have in some cases been done! I don't know if people who got them from others also want them from me? Ugh I am officially Too Confused, help me.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  19. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

@wixbloom if you wanna do one for me, id be thrilled. :)

20. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*puts hand up* I posted (page 2?) about a full spread, specifically referencing VE's style, but I'm not picky about who does it. If multiple people wanna give it a go (I'd also be interested in Acey's Scratch spread concerning this), I'm game.

but, y'know, people wanna do past/present/future readings on me, that's fun too :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice