Tyranny of Dragons Campaign OOC Thread

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by esotericPrognosticator, Apr 17, 2017.

?

are you reading this thread?

1. hell yeah!!

21.4%
  2. I'm. part of the campaign so. yes?

57.1%
  3. HELL yeah sign me the FUCK up for the microfandom dude

21.4%
  4. no I'm just a sarcastic piece of shit

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

My character's pretty much finished -- I should probably get into detail with @garden, though, so we can figure out how we met and our respective attitudes to Our Mutual Friend.

• Useful x 1
  2. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Thanks for the reminder! I feel a bit like I'm all set with Salt, unless folks have ideas or questions or anything that pertain to her I'm pretty much ready to go whenever.

• Useful x 1
  3. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Same for Vitae too, unless there was something I missed.

• Useful x 1
  4. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Not forgetting, just been having Real Life Shit happen and have been devoting my energy to distactions and not flipping my shit.

• Witnessed x 1
  5. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

@Arxon nah, you're p good so far as I remember! you're done with Auralee's sheet, right? and in any case even if you did have shit to do, like. your health comes first, and also I would be a total asshole if I made you do things while feeling like a garbage mole. :P (ftr, I've been garbage-mole-y myself for like... over a month, it's just that D&D is about the last capability to go. showering < D&D to my brain. apparently. idk, man.)

6. esotericPrognosticator

WHOA BUNCH OF Y'ALL REPLIED WHILE I WAS TYPING THAT aaand pings don't work if you edit a post with them, so:
    @The Frood Abides @Helen of Boy @NevermorePoe good to hear y'all think you're done! (although, I mean. Frood's been done for over a month now, so. :P boy are you a speed demon when it comes to character sheets.) you can just sit tight till further notice. :)

@Lazarae I completely understand. take your time getting back to this campaign if need be. c:

7. The Frood Abides

it helps to have about five backup characters sitting in a Google document at any given time. you're not the only person who hyperfocuses on this hobby every so often. :P

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I just. Have this folder of characters where I think about joining a game somewhere, and make a character for it, and then decide not to -- but just accumulate these level 1 sheets with likely development paths....

• Witnessed x 2
    • Winner x 1
  9. garden

garden lucid dreamer

my character is also just about done (except for what @The Frood Abides said about figuring out how our characters met)

big same

i mean character creation does trip me up

but it still gets ranked above showering in my brain :')

• Witnessed x 2
  10. The Frood Abides

@garden @esotericPrognosticator Here's an idea: did Marian and Honor meet as a result of some kind of enigmatic portent? There's no D&D-equivalent for the way saints can just recognize each other in the Chalion books, but they make effective use of signs & omens -- like Dondo's funeral, when all the sacred animals including the Bastard's refuse to touch the corpse, indicating that even Hell has rejected his soul. Maybe something happened to one of them at a holy place or pilgrimage site, and the other noticed.

• Like x 3
  11. esotericPrognosticator

some kind of portent sounds good to me! I agree that all saints of the Five recognizing each other on sight is unfeasible (and tbh OP) in this setting, but nothing precludes the Bastard having... pointed them out to each other momentarily, maybe by sending a dream or briefly letting them see each others' auras. or, like, having a flock of white crows mob one of them out of nowhere or something. He's nothing if not subtle. :P and feel free to come up with your own ideas for omens/portents/etc., of course!
    orrrr He could have given one or both of them permanent second sight? it would only work for spotting miracle-residue (and thus saints), not for ghosts or demons or curses like it sometimes does in the books. so they'd only be able to spot fellow empowered Quintarians, and only ones who'd channeled a miracle recently, at that, since the auras fade after a while. I don't think that'd be too unbalancing, especially because I can control what and when they see. :P

edit: if only one of them has the sight I'd think it'd be Marian—it's more in line with the paladin powers (Divine Sense, the Auras of Protection and Courage—hell, even Divine Smite's radiant damage) she'll be getting later. but that's up to you guys! whatever you work out'll be fine.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Like x 1
  12. garden

garden lucid dreamer

asdf sorry i basically checked out of this thread for a few days and failed to reply.

anyways. yeah i'm down with them being indicated to each other by a dream or omen. (i do like white crows as an omen/symbol)

or for the alternative, the second sight does sound more like a paladin thing so i think it would make sense for marian to have it, if either of them do!

• Like x 2
  13. The Frood Abides

Let's go with the omen! I think Divine Sense is a decent parallel to second sight, but it'd be weirdly specific if it only worked on Quinitarians (why, since they're so similar to other gods' clerics and paladins?), and pretty overpowered if it did actually let you identify divine casters of all kinds by sight.

• Like x 2
  14. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

-pokes the thread-

• Like x 2
  15. swirlingflight

-is poked-

• Witnessed x 1
  16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

-hands javelin-

18. garden

garden lucid dreamer

[takes javelin, gives you ten foot pole in return]

19. esotericPrognosticator

DO NOT POKE WITH JAVELIN

pole is okay though

• Like x 3
  20. swirlingflight

consider: is not a javelin a pointy pole? is not the back of a javelin not pointy?

/rules-lawyering intensifies

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice