Tyranny of Dragons Campaign OOC Thread

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by esotericPrognosticator, Apr 17, 2017.

?

are you reading this thread?

1. hell yeah!!

21.4%
  2. I'm. part of the campaign so. yes?

57.1%
  3. HELL yeah sign me the FUCK up for the microfandom dude

21.4%
  4. no I'm just a sarcastic piece of shit

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Alright, haven't done the appearance/backstory changes to Auralee yet, but did other suggested changes?
    Thank you v much for this info!

• Like x 1
  2. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

@Lazarae, are you going for the regular Infernal Legacy Tiefling spell list (thaumaturgy, hellish rebuke, and darkness) or the Devil's Tongue Tiefling spell list (vicious mockery, charm person, enthrall)? They both seem like they could work pretty well for your character, and I wanted to both remind you of the option and double-check, because I'll probably actually go for whichever you don't take (as having the wider variety of effects available seems ultimately wise). If you haven't decided or aren't sure, no worries, I just wanted to ask before I up and forgot.

Having thought more about it, I like the sounds of Auralee and Yew a bit more than Rawl. I dunno why, and the fuller caster might be the better choice, but something about the other two seems more interesting to me and I don't know why. I particularly like the idea of Auralee, because at that point we'd have at least four of the PCs who were all not commonly welcome races (two tieflings, a half-orc, and a drow, by my count).
    You're welcome! To make it slightly more useful (and kill some time):
    • Alert gives you +5 to initiative, means you can't be surprised when conscious, and other creatures don't get advantage against you just because they're unseen;
    • Defensive Duelist lets you use your reaction to add your proficiency bonus to AC if you'd be hit by a melee attack (and are wielding a finesse weapon), great for multi-weapon rangers;
    • Lucky gives you three points which you can spend to reroll a check (after you roll but before outcome decided) or to (effectively) give an enemy disadvantage on an attack against you, you replenish the points after a long rest;
    • Magic Initiate lets you pick two cantrips and one 1st-level spell from any casting class (inclulding your own) and learn them, with the 1st level spell getting its own single spell-slot -- great way to mix different sorts of magic than you might normally get or increase your number of cantrips even if you'd get magic anyway;
    • Resilient lets you increase one ability score by 1 and gain proficiency in its saving throws (only situationally useful, but an extra +1 at character creation can be handy);
    • Sharpshooter removes the penalty for attacking at long range, removes penalties for half and three-quarters cover (which I believe helps with shooting into melee), and lets you choose to take -5 on an attack roll to add +10 to damage if it hits (not usually worth it without advantage or something);
    • Observant increases you Int or Wis by 1 (max 20), lets you read lips so long as you can see them clearly and speak the language used, and gives a +5 to passive Perception and Investigation checks.
    Dunno which are best or if you're going with Yew, but thought I'd share in case you (or anyone else without the PHB) decided to go for variant human, since feats aren't on the SRD. (These are just a few of them, there are plenty more.
    This is up there with Zapsworth for best names I've ever seen a wizard given.

• Useful x 1
  3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

In the first session of my first campaign, our sorcerer earned the nickname "Flamehands" from an incident I don't fully recall. After a while, none of us remembered the sorcerer's actual name. They were always just Flamehands.

• Winner x 2
  4. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I actually forgot to post before I took my nap! But if Pax can stealth I can trade that for another 'face' skill and give her the Devil's Tongue variant, make her more solidly a diplomat/deceiver build. (Though I also gave her sleight of hand + perception/insight because they'd serve a smuggler and a party well)

I was going to mention dropping stealth when you first posted Pax, but I fell asleep instead ^^

I was also making Sibby a variant color (purple!), because the "all demons are red" aesthetic just doesn't do it for me.

Oh, that reminds me, with her nonfunctional-but-large wings would her her criminal background's "common but dark clothes + hood" include a cloak/cape for hiding them? Should I drop a coin or two on one? I figured it's "minimal concealing wardrobe" which for her would have to include back cover, but don't know how specific we're getting.

• Like x 2
  5. Lazarae

I would assume it had something to do with the burning hands spell! (No Caps because I just woke up and can't remember if that's what it's actually called)

• Agree x 2
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I like to save my character concepts with nicknames that get across the core of the concept, mechanically and characterization-wise alike. Just going by name isn't nearly so evocative. :p

• Like x 2
  7. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

fuck you Frood I'm twenty-two chapters in and I kinda needed those three hours for other things bUT NO YOU HAD TO BRING THIS WONDERFUL BOOK TO MY ATTENTION

me too tbh! both in that I love creating characters [hides nine complete character sheets behind back] and in that I've been p depressed lately and this campaign is like the one thing I'm really looking forward to...

it does say that, but as DM I declare that The Book Is Doing Elf Maturity Wrong and is therefore invalid. :P (also, physical maturity =/= the emotional maturity necessary for adventuring. I was done growing when I hit twelve, but that didn't mean I was anything like an adult. I guess elves just have a really, really long post-pubescent-but-still-emotionally-immature teenager phase? now there's a thought.)

...well, I guess the degree of danger depends on how malicious I am on any given day? but yeah, going incognito is a pretty common tactic in this sort of campaign, and keep in mind she might blow the rest of the party's cover too...

it could be if you want it to! ;) and I mean, like. she's a drow, she's already scary-looking to almost everyone.

well, if she were in a seminary (and the Five have those) she would have access to books and a pretty quality education, she'd just be 1) theologically trained and 2) an acolyte or ex-acolyte of the Daughter, so. whatever works for you! you can switch gods if you want. :P

you're welcome!

aight, if you're sticking with starting equipment, that's a whole different story. feel free to ignore me. :P

's okay, it's my job to nitpick omissions like that so you don't try to use your longbow in character and have me be like "where the fuck did she teleport that from. was it shoved up her ass or."

your brainbugs are wrong! they should stop being so silly!!

gotcha! and yeah, you did that right. :) stats are good, too, you overly-lucky asshole. :P

any of those'd be fine! btw, other party members already speak Draconic and Orc, but you can get a lot of mileage out of those.

that. sure is a Dex stat. hot damn. and here I thought my rogue had clever fingers with her 18.

...what genders of NPC would she be comfortable being hit on by? I need to know. for reasons.

please indulge my weird fixation on details for a bit—does she have visible sclera, or are her eyes solid red except for the pupils?
    also I'm not gonna tell you how to make your character but. goat pupils are 1) hells of cool 2) v devilish and 3) suitable for someone with horns...

Pax don't need no Acrobatics with that ability score, dude. ;P

may I suggest he be a divine of one of the Five Gods. please. my worldbuilding is dying

well, you all arrive at the same small town at the same time! admittedly you experience what might accurately be called a bonding experience shortly thereafter, but either you'll have to work out why you're all separately traveling to this place or you'll have to establish the party's history together. I'd suggest the latter, but that might be a little complicated.

okay I just want to say that my brain pronounces this as "Mix Boomy" and I think that's beautiful

do please chat! I'm looking forward to answering your questions. :)

psst Auralee's sheet still has your questions about language and her books that I answered but otherwise, [thumbs-up emoji]

yeah, sure! tbh I figure all the sets of clothing include a cloak; the Sword Coast gets pretty chilly and cloaks are the primary form of outerwear. and protection from precipitation, for that matter. they're pretty essential for travelers.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING PUN

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  8. Helen of Boy

Could do, though rogues traditionally get more benefit from Stealth than most. Dunno if you'd need face skills to really make the build work, since it's more magic influence and a different way of achieving things than actual, like, Persuasion would be (though I think you get that one free from Noble anyway). More just wanted to check, because either one works for me. I do like the base set slightly more for Pax, but they're both pretty handy.

Would love to be sneak-buddies, though. Lotta potential utility there. But really, even then, it should come down to what kind of rogue you want to play, so if you want to drop Stealth, go for it. Just don't feel like you gotta just because I have it
    Makes sense. I appreciate that most have human skin tones, at least, but... yeah, the extra colour option is nice. Also the options for having a forked tongue, or thinner spade-tipped tail, or cloven hooves, or whatnot. Nice aesthetic expansion there.
    Hell, I'm not depressed as much as usual and I'm still seriously considering building Vaunea and/or Cora just for the fun of it, despite having settled on Pax.
    I really like the idea that elves spend ~70 years as moody pseudo-teens before they get let out into the wide world.
    Wasn't sure if they'd been confirmed, but fair point on the benefit of something people don't also speak.
    Rolling an 18 and getting a +2 to the stat is something else. As good at Acrobatics without the proficiency as a standard array (unedited) character with it at this point. It's frankly preposterous.
    I don't know, but I'd be comfortable having her hit on by NPCs of whatever gender and figuring out how she reacts from there.
    Standard tiefling eyes are just... solid colour, going by the PHB. SCAG suggested cat slits, and while goat eyes are pretty great I kinda like the idea of cat-eye on just a solid red. Maybe mix them up, have them horizontal like a goat's but still otherwise cat-shaped...
    True, but does she need any Stealth with it? It's hard to choose when she's so naturally talented at both. :P
    Sure! Whichever would be most conducive to Sun Soul principles (seek physical perfection, seek spiritual virtue, shine light into darkness) and firing beams with your soul, I suppose? Don't know enough to be certain which that'd be. But I'm fine being as hands-off as desired with the monk.

(Was more trying to decide race, though, in case it might help me decide on which language to go for.)
    Makes sense, just wanted to check. As a wandering go-gooder-wannabe I could see Pax meeting up with someone else before this, if anyone is interested in knowing each other beforehand.
    Cloaks crop up all the time for good reason, they are amazing and warm and wonderful.

• Like x 1
  9. Lazarae

I'll let her keep Stealth then, since the only replacement I can think of is Intimidation and that isn't her bag. Criminal background gave her Deception and I gave her Persuasion.

Wait she gets Stealth from Criminal anyway NEVERMIND I'M SILLY.

(Went with Criminal background because gameplay and history-wise it fits better, despite having been raised noble. As a tiefling nobody really wants to acknowledge her, and she skipped the country after her uncle died. The smugglers don't care much about the tiefling thing as long as she's not a liability, and she's been useful enough she can ask favors/use resources.)

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  10. swirlingflight

Excellllent. Spoilered in here, or via PM / Discord for enhanced secrecy?
    ;) ;) ;)

11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Does anyone have an un-filled-out text version of the character sheet anywhere?

12. Helen of Boy

It's not an official one, and is more or less just cribbed together from what @The Frood Abides and @Arxon did, but here's a blanked version of the one I used:
    [Race] [Background], [Class & Level]

Alignment:
    HP:
    AC:
    Speed:
    Size:
    Languages:
    Money:
    +X [weapon] (damage die and bonus goes here, then any traits the weapon has)

Str (+)
    Dex (+)
    Con (+)
    Int (+)
    Wis (+)
    Cha (+)

Personality Trait:
    Ideal:
    Bond:
    Flaw:

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Weapons:
    Armor:
    Saving Throws:
    Skills:
    Tools:

Equipment
    Carrying Capacity: (Strength * 15)

Abilities

Weight:

Appearance

Personality

Background

EDIT: I reordered things and grouped them based on what works for me, having the more-often-referred-to stuff up at the top with the characterization at the bottom, because once I'm playing I won't need to scroll down to that part nearly so often. That's also why I kept the personality trait bits and put them further up, since they're more concise reminders about that. But age and things matter less often, so they went down... I hope the layout makes sense enough?

IS missing a spell section, though. I suppose could put that under Abilities like I did, or maybe under another category since Warlocks get a fair few more?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Useful x 3
  13. swirlingflight

this time you ninja'd me, @Helen of Boy !

Working nickname: ""

Race:
    Class:
    Background:

Summary
    tl;dr what's the basic thing you're going for here, like how characterization and mechanics are working together​

Personality Traits
    trait 1
    trait 2​
    Ideal
    ideal​
    Bond
    bond​
    Flaw
    flaw​

Ability Scores: (rolled from [format]: )
    Strength: xx (+x)
    Dexterity: xx (+x)
    Constitution: xx (+x)
    Intelligence: xx (+x)
    Wisdom: xx (+x)
    Charisma: xx (+x)

Combat Basics:
    HP: xx
    AC: xx
    Attack 1: +x to hit, xdx -- damage, other relevant details here
    Attack 2: +x to hit, xdx -- damage,

Proficiences (+x modifier)
    Armors:
    Weapons:
    Tools:
    Saving Throws:
    Skills:
    Languages:

Racial Traits ( -- race --)
    +x Ability, +x Ability
    x Size
    xxft speed
    Adulthood ~xx, Lifespan ~xx
    Alignment typically xx
    Racial feature
    description of the feature's mechanics​

Background Features ( -- background -- ):
    + skill, + skill
    + tools/languages​
    Feature name
    Description​

Class Features ( -- class -- ):
    Feature name
    Description​
    Feature name
    Description​

Spellcasting (if applicable)
    Spell attack mod: Int mod + Prof = +x
    Spellcasting DC = 8 + Int mod + Prof + any special modifiers = x
    Spell slots:
    Cantrips
    list them​
    1st-level
    list them​

Gear
    you got stuff, list it all here

The characters (character sheets really) that I've made with some assistance from optimization guides. I'm most drawn to "Thunder" for rp/characterization stuff, but the other two have game mechanics I really wanted to poke at for a while.

Working nickname: "Mx Boomy"

Race: Dwarf (Hill)
    Class: Wizard
    Background: Folk Hero

Summary
    A mountain-dwelling glassblower dwarf w/o aptitude for physical combat, especially compared to their peers. Felt a duty to contribute to war when it came, serving first with the logistics of seeing to carts and pack animals, and eventually [via shenanigans] into training as a war wizard. Not out of any particular love of arcane knowledge, but because they could damn well memorize spells even where they couldn't wield armor and weapon. Has a marked atptitude for fire (and no wonder, having worked with it for ages), and has since left the mountain to continue folk heroing around. Possibly sense of duty has expanded to encompass more people, or in pursuit of an important cause.​

Personality Traits
    I have a crude sense of humor.
    When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.​
    Ideal
    People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.​
    Bond
    Those who fight beside me are worth dying for.​
    Flaw
    Secretly, I believe that things would be better if I were a tyrant lording over the land.​

Ability Scores: (rolled from 4d6_dl_rr1: 17, 15, 14, 12, 11, 8)
    Strength: 8 (-1)
    Dexterity: 12 (+1)
    Constitution: 17 (+3)
    Intelligence: 17 (+3)
    Wisdom: 15 (+2)
    Charisma: 11 (+0)

Combat Basics:
    HP: 10
    AC: 10
    w/Mage Armor: 13​
    Firebolt: +5 to hit, 1d10 fire damage, 120 range
    Dagger: +2 to hit, 1d4 piercing damage, 20/60 range, finesse and light

Proficiences (+2 modifier)
    Armors: None
    Weapons: Dagger, Dart, Sling, Quarterstaff, Light Crossbow, Battleaxe, Handaxe, Throwing Hammer, Warhammer
    Tools: Smith's Tools, Glassblower's Tools
    Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
    Skills: Handle Animal, History*, Invesigation, Survival
    (Double prof on checks re: history of stonework)​
    Languages: Common and Dwarvish

Racial Traits (Hill Dwarf)
    +2 Constitution, +1 Wisdom
    Medium
    25ft speed
    Adulthood ~50, Lifespan ~350
    Alignment typically LG
    Dwarven Toughness
    HP Max +1 / level
    Darkvision
    60', can see in dim as if it were bright, can see in darkness as if it were dim (but only in grayscale)​
    Dwarven Resilience
    Advantage on saving throws vs poison, resistance against poison damage​
    Dwarven Combat Training
    Proficiency with battleaxe, handaxe, throwing hammer, warhammer​
    Tool Proficiency
    +1 proficiency with one artisan's tools of your choice from: smith's, brewer's, or mason's tools​
    Stonecunning
    Whenever you make an Int (History) check re: origins of stonework, you are considered proficient in History skill and add your prof bonus twice.​
    Languages
    Dwarvish and Common​

Background Features (Folk Hero):
    Animal Handling, Survival
    Glassblower's Tools, Vehicles (land)​
    Rustic Hospitality
    Commoners are generally willing to provide you w/ a place to hide, rest, or recuperate, even from the law, as long as you haven't shown yourself to be a danger to them.​

Class Features (Wizard, School of Evocation):
    Spellcasting
    3 cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list
    Start with a spellbook containing six 1st-level wizard spells of your choice
    Int spellcasting ability, spells learned through dedicated study and memorization​
    Ritual Casting
    Can cast wizard spells w/ritual tag as rituals if they're in your spellbook, no preparation needed​
    Spellcasting Focus
    Can use arcane focus as spellcasting focus for wizard spells​
    Learning additional spells
    Each time you gain a level, you can add two castable wizard spells to your spell book for free. Additionally, you can copy castable spells into your book for 2hours+50gp/level of the spell. This is advisable to do in a backup spellbook.​
    Arcane Recovery
    1/day when you finish a short rest, you can recover expended spell slots equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), though none of the slots may be 6th level or higher.​

Spellcasting
    Spell attack mod: Int mod + Prof = +5
    Spellcasting DC = 8 + Int mod + Prof + any special modifiers = 13
    Spell slots: two 1st-level
    Cantrips
    Fire Bolt, Message, Prestidigitation​
    1st-level
    Alarm*, Burning Hands, Detect Magic*, Mage Armor, Shield, Thunderwave​
    * = ritual, generally unprepared and cast w/the 10 minute ritual

Gear
    Common Clothes, Dagger, Spellbook, Crystal Arcane Focus, Scholar's Pack (backpack, book of lore, bottle of ink, ink pen, 10 sheets parchment, little bag of sand, small knife), Glassblower's Tools, Shovel, Iron Pot, Mess Kit, Waterskin, 4 Days Worth of Rations, Belt Pouch Containing 7gp 6sp

Working Nickname: "Thunder"

Race: Dragonborn
    Class: Fighter
    Background: Sailor

Summary
    Dragonborn not-so-coincidentally born and raised in a dragon cult, but fled in late adolescence for [reasons]. Made it to a port city, hid from the possibility of pursuers by stowing away on a ship, and took to life at sea. Something about the wind and wave and crackle of storms feels right... But they still have relatives in the world, a sense of hope and responsibility about this new idea to save them too, and a more unhappy responsibility to stop them if they refuse.​

Personality Traits
    To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city.
    I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.​
    Ideal
    Aspiration: Someday I’ll own my own ship and chart my own destiny.​
    Bond
    I'll always remember my first ship.​
    Flaw
    Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.​

Ability Scores: (rolled from 4d6_dl_rr1: 17, 15, 14, 12, 11, 8)
    Strength: 19 (+4)
    Constitution: 15 (+2)
    Intelligence: 14 (+2)
    Wisdom: 11 (+0)
    Charisma: 9 (- 1)

Combat Basics:
    HP: 14
    AC: 15 = 13 (chain shirt) + 1 (dex) + 1 (mariner)
    Init: +1
    Longsword: +6 to hit, 1d8+4 slashing, versatile (1d10)
    Trident: +6 to hit, 1d6+4 piercing, 20/60 thrown (versatile 1d8)

Armors: All -- Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields
    Weapons: Simple, Martial
    Tools: Navigator's Tools, Vehicles (water)
    Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
    Skills: Athletics, Perception, +class, +class
    Languages: Common and Draconic

Racial Traits (Blue Dragonborn)
    +2 Strength, +1 Charisma
    Medium
    30ft speed
    Adulthood ~15, Lifespan ~80
    Alignment usually good or evil, few neutral, and blue dragons are evil
    Draconic Ancestry
    ur a dargon 'arry​
    Breath Weapon
    1 action to fire ur lazer, a 5x30ft line of 2d6 lightning
    half damage on successful dex save vs DC of 8 + Conmod + Prof​
    Damage Resistance
    dargons take half damage from the element they're affiliated with; lighting in this case.​
    Languages
    Draconic and Common​

Background Features (Sailor):
    Athletics, Perception
    Navigator's Tools, Vehicles (water)​
    Ship's Passage
    You know how to get 'free' nautical transportation to roughly where you need to go and roughly when you need to, so long as you (and any party members) work as part of the crew enroute. They're traveling with their own agenda and letting you come along, and not likely to change directions for quests and shit.​

Class Features (Fighter, Eldritch Knight):
    Fighting Style: Mariner (Unearthed Arcana content)
    As long as you are not wearing heavy armor or using a shield, you have a swimming speed and a climbing speed equal to your normal speed, and you gain a +1 bonus to AC.​
    Second Wind
    1/rest (short or long) you can take a bonus action to regain HP = 1d10 + fighter level​

Gear
    Common Clothes, Chain Shirt, Trident, Longsword, Light Crossbow & 20 bolts, Belaying Pin, 50' Silk Rope, [trinket], Explorer’s Pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, and 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it), Belt Pouch w/ 10gp

Working nickname: "Cub"

Race: Gnome (Forest)
    Class: Bearbarian (Barbarian / Druid grappler)
    Background: Outlander

Summary
    Gnomes are curious, clever, and mostly kind ... and then some have a temper too large for their body. No surprise, given what that dragon did to their family and hometown. But maybe their connection with the natural energies of the world will help them learn to live up to that temper's potential. And really, when you want to experience everything life has to ofer, who wouldn't want to explore being everything too?

Personality Traits
    I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
    I feel far more comfortable around animals than people.​
    Ideal
    Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.​
    Bond
    I will bring terrible wrath down on the evildoers who destroyed my homeland​
    Flaw
    Violence is my first answer to any challenge.​

Ability Scores: (rolled from [format]: 4d6_dl_rr1: 17, 15, 14, 12, 11, 8)
    Strength: 14 (+2)
    Constitution: 12 (+1)
    Intelligence: 10 (+0)
    Wisdom: 17 (+3)
    Charisma: 15 (+2)

Combat Basics:
    HP: 13
    AC: 12 (10 + dex + con)
    Quarterstaff: +4 to hit, 1d6+2 bludgeoning damage, versatile (1d8)
    Handaxe: +4 to hit, 1d6+2 slashing damage, light, thrown 20/60
    Javelin: +4 to hit, 1d6+2 piercing damage, thrown 30/120

Armors: Light, Medium, Shields
    Weapons: Simple, Martial
    Tools: +1 Instrument (tbd)
    Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
    Skills: Animal Handling, Athletics, Perception, Survival
    Languages: Common, Gnomish, +1(tbd)

Racial Traits (Forest Gnome)
    +2 Intelligence, +1 Dexterity
    Small
    25ft speed
    Adulthood ~40, Lifespan ~433
    Alignment typically Good
    Darkvision
    60', can see in dim as if it were bright, can see in darkness as if it were dim (but only in grayscale)​
    Gnome Cunning
    Advantage on all Int, Wis, Cha saving throws vs magic (the minmaxy reason we're here)​
    Natural Illusionist
    Major Illusion is a free Int-based cantrip​
    Speak with small beasts
    can play charades-with-sounds with small and smaller beasts to communicate simple ideas with them.​
    Languages
    Gnomish and Common​

Background Features (Outlander):
    + Athletics, +Surival
    +1 Instrument prof, +1 Language​
    Wanderer
    excellent memory for maps and geography, can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features. Additionally can food and fresh water for self and up to 5 people a day, as long as there's water, plants, and game to be found..​

Class Features (Barbarian):
    Rage
    2/long rest, when you aren't wearing heavy armor, you can enter rage as a bonus action.
    - advantage on all strength checks and strength saving throws
    - when you make a melee WEAPON attack using strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll as you gain levels as a barbarian (nearly useless to bearbarian)
    - resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage​
    it lasts 1 minute or until
    - you're knocked unconscious
    - a round goes by since you attacked or took damage
    - you end it with another bonus action​
    Unarmored Defense
    when you're unarmored, your AC = 10+Dex+Con. You can wear a shield and do this. So good news, getting caught naked doesn't completely ruin your AC​

Gear
    Traveler's Clothes, Greatsword (they can't wield it; it was with a dead body), Quarterstaff, 2 Handaxes, 4 Javelins, hunting trap, trophy from a killed animal, Explorer’s Pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, and 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it), Belt Pouch w/ 10gp

eta: I suspect this sheet format wouldn't be great for referencing in a fast-paced game, but I lean towards archiving all relevant info and making a smaller reference bit as the game progresses.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  14. Helen of Boy

But in true keeping with the pattern, your post that was ninja'd provides a more detailed reply!

Any luck narrowing in on which of the three you're going for?

15. swirlingflight

I'm the most drawn to 'Thunder', the dragonborn sailor, they're good for roleplay and rollplay alike. Gives me that easy hook into all things dragons, with a nice excuse to ask for all kinds of non-spoilery info on the cult. And on the mechanics side they're the easiest for me to play from the start; nice direct into melee action, with the plan for gaining magic down the road.

eta But having the other two means I've got some options for switching to something else, depending on how the party balance goes.

• Like x 2
  16. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

I DO TOO IMAGINE HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES THEY'D HAVE TO DO CRINGEY THINGS THEY REGRET FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES

sure, whatever you want. :)

well, I mean. "spiritual virtue" has a different meaning for each of the Five. it kinda depends on what type of person your monk is. if they're sort of a JUST1C3 type, it'd be the Father of Winter; if they're more caring and, well, motherly, it'd be the Mother of Summer; if they're energetic and passionate and youthful, that'd be the Daughter of Spring; and if they've felt othered or sympathized with those who are, or don't fit into gender roles, or have a dirty sense of humor, it'd be the Bastard. (He also is half-demon, so I'd think He'd be the god of choice for tieflings, if the monk was one too. or maybe Pax follows Him if she's spiritually inclined.) the Son of Autumn is kind of a frat boy, tbh, so probably not him? unless they were really into Personal Courage and Battle and Manly Things.

signal-boosting! establish some relationships between your characters, y'all!

PM, I think. ;)

and I'm going to summarize the party so far so I can see if I've got it right:
    @Helen of Boy is playing Pax the tiefling monk
    @Lazarae is playing Sibylline the tiefling rogue
    @The Frood Abides is playing Marian the half-orc paladin
    @swirlingflight is playing Mx. Boomy the dwarf wizard, Thunder the dragonborn fighter, or Cub the gnome barbarian
    @Arxon is playing Auralee the drow bard or Yew the human ranger
    @KarrinBlue is playing a warlock with a Hexblade patron
    @garden is not sure what they're playing

@Derpyteacakes @NevermorePoe @thegrimsqueaker you expressed interest in this campaign, but you haven't posted in this thread. are you still interested?

• Informative x 1
  17. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

I think Marian is liable to sympathize with other outcast and misbegotten souls, as a paladin of the Bastard. Might have taken Pax or Sibylline (or Auralee) under her wing at some point.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  18. Lazarae

I think we at least have a party like's likely to sympathize/empathize with each other.

• Agree x 5
  19. swirlingflight

tiefling, tiefling, half-orc, probably-dragonborn, possibly-drow... Yeah, there's a whole lot of sorta monstrous races here.

• Agree x 2
  20. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Does anyone have a PDF or rundown for the Bladesinger's stats? the internet is unforthcoming, I can just find stuff on wikis labelled as Homebrew.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice