uh, hi

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by ray, Aug 10, 2016.

1. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

MANY PODCASTS

my favorite right now is The Hidden Almanac, and then right behind that is Jim Robbie and the Wanderers. hmmm.....also TANIS, The Black Tapes, The Bright Sessions, Lore, Myths and Legends, Archive 81, The Bridge......

if there is a good podcast, i am probably listening to it.

what poets do you like? what poems? a lot of my favorite poems are in Polish, and I have to translate them so I can show people...but I also like Auden and Yeats and Ginsberg a lot.

• Like x 1
  2. ray

ray 43.5 flaming chicken nuggets in a trench coat

i return to existence after many years lying dormant in a cave like a hidden magical artifact or something

yoooooooooo i just found the bright sessions i haven't listened to it all yet but it seems hella good
    what's the hidden almanac about or what
    poets, shel silverstein pops immediately to mind. children's poems are good shit okay
    dr seuss is my jam
    laura joffe numeroff has written some adorable books that fall into 'rhyming so like, poetry'
    you may be noticing a pattern here
    as far as slightly less childlike (and by that i mean holy fuck why would you give this to a child) poets go i like shakespeare. sonnets. they're good.
    whoever that dude who wrote that thing about snow was. wow ray awesome description. his name had 'rob' in it somewhere?
    ROBERT FUCKING FROST thank you google. stopping by woods on a snowy evening. also, stereotypical i think, but emily dickinson.
    beyond that, i generally just take whatever i find and don't look into particular authors. i know i have some from cedar's old english class that i absolutely loved, i'm gonna see if i can find those a bit later.

hell yes high five for people with the same name who can't drive
    .....i don't suppose you've ever been responsible for crashing a car into a tree, though.

• Like x 1
  3. ray

also in my absence i found the perfect descriptor of myself
    "secretly exactly 43.5 flaming chicken nuggets in a trench coat"
    that's it, right there. sums up everything i am

• Like x 1
  4. ray

how the fuck do i make the 'new member' part of my....avatar sidebar thing whatever the fuck it is, how do i make it say what i want it to, because i'm so putting "secretly exactly 43.5 flaming chicken nuggets in a trench coat" there

5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

If you click on your name on the top bar and click "Personal Details" in the dropdown, it should take you to a page where you can change your title!

• Like x 1
  6. ray

DONE
    i had to shorten it but it's close enough

• Like x 1
  7. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

It oddly reminds me of that trend of Kill Six Billion Demons angel names as titles from a while ago. (Still have mine as that, actually.)

8. ray

i have no idea what that is but it must have been interesting
    also hey alix

9. palindromordnilap

It's a webcomic, the angels in there have a pretty weird naming scheme. There's a random generator here.

10. ray

"60 Red Breath Combats the Universe"
    ....i don't know what it means but i like it.

11. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

The number is a reincarnation thing, I think? like "life #x [phrase]"

• Like x 1
  12. ray

so i would have died....59 times?
    did i do that right

• Like x 2
  13. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Dying 42 and a half times in a way that involves flaming chicken nuggets is pretty awe-inspiring

(I don't actually know the comic either)

• Like x 3
  14. palindromordnilap

I only have vague knowledge of the comic but I think it's supposed to be reincarnation number - poetic metaphorical description thingy of yourself - stuff you do.

• Like x 2
  15. ray

fuck yes

okay wait i've got this

reincarnation number: 42
    poetic metaphorical description of self: chicken nuggets
    stuff i do: ....shitposting, probably

....perfect

that said though i've been aimlessly clicking the name generator for this for a while and
    "40 Empty Wave Shatters the Gods"
    sounds so fucking rad.

• Like x 3
  16. kmoss

kmoss whoops

well, if by gods we mean chicken nuggets
    and if by empty wave shattering we mean shitposting
    .......it totally works

• Like x 3
  17. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Hi Ray! What kind of games do you like?

18. ray

anything, really?
    i can give you a list of what i've played since coming here (like. to the system here. since....forming? arriving? what the fuck do i call it), but i've watched some let's plays of other stuff that i'd love to play at some point. like....i dunno. list of games i enjoy/think i would like, and can think of off the top of my head: halo, tf2, i think i'd like overwatch but i haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, portal, skyrim, left 4 dead, minecraft, the secret world (haven't played it, think i'd like it), subnautica (haven't played it, think i'd like it), terraria, half-life, sims 3 (it fucking counts and i like it dammit), dishonored, morrowind, assassin's creed, slime rancher (who doesn't like tiny adorable things), dragon age: origins (haven't played it yet, but hopefully soon), rwby: grimm eclipse, hitman, sort the court, reigns, the bear's black heart
    and i'll stop myself there because i know there's other stuff i've played previously or things i want to play but honestly the list takes up like two and a half lines already i think it's good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice