Undertale AUs! (aka how many sanses is too many)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Deresto, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Yeah i mostly thought yamask chara because they cry at the end of a no mercy run (albeit black creepy tears while laughing with eerie scare music) so like... parallels, or something?

2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Incidentally, should this AU have an anime-like or Ashes of the Past-like "more than 4 moves are allowed at once", or should it be like a strict gamelike AU where Pokemon can only know 4 moves at once?

3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i did fanart. i really like the aesthetics of phantump chara as well as asriel so i drew both of them as phantumps. asriel is shiny because again, aesthetics lol. the bulbapedia site said yamask possesses whoever wears their mask, so thats fun. lotta potential there.

undertale pokeriginal au.png

• Like x 5
  4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I laughed at Frisk putting on yamask!Chara's mask to, apparently, let Chara narrate about snow poffs. Chara's face.

ETA: Chara's so..."what are you doing" in that. But they're still just going along with Frisk's attempts to get possessed for the sake of amusing narration.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

phantump chara's broken-off branch...i can imagine them getting that wound either from saving frisk, or from a run-in with a herbivorous something well before meeting frisk that resulted in them spending A Lot of time hiding underground before they met frisk

• Like x 1
  6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

...so apparently yamask's height in the pokedex is 1'8".
    Yamask is about 1 and a half rulers tall.

But then yamask!Chara is about Frisk's height in the image...so they're a giant yamask.
    Imagine them meeting a normal-sized yamask...who isn't much bigger than their head

(meanwhile phantump!chara is much closer to a typical phantump size, aka, tiny)

• Like x 3
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Shit youre right, i didnt think to check for size. Oops.

8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

actually bizarrely big yamask chara is great

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

maybe it's all chara's DETERMINATION making them huge by yamask standards

it's far too much for the tiny body of an ordinary yamask to contain

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

that implies that phantump are better able to handle DT than yamask
    i don't know why that's funny to me but it is

• Like x 2
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

If yall wanna keep interpreting my art as smarter than it is you could take that charas stump being more cracked and rotted means they go through stumps faster than a usual phantump :p

• Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

ive had this stuck in my head since i heard prozd's original video and had to draw it so i could stop thinking about it... probably not as funny as i think it is and no doubt someones done it before

• Like x 2
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

thinking of that pokemon AU, that art of phantump asriel has made me decide that monsters are A Thing in that universe still
    so it's humans, monsters, and pokemon
    most regions are human-dominated, and even in regions with almost equal populations of humans and monsters the gym leader positions and elite four/champion positions (or regional equivalent)...except for sinnoh, whose champion is a monster, their gym leaders all either all or mostly monsters, their elite four includes at least one monster (i haven't sorted out exact roles yet), and many of their Professors with the authority to hand out starters and pokedexes are monsters.

sinnoh is the one region with a greater monster population than human population.

• Like x 1
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

https://zombie-frisk.tumblr.com/post/139204556818/zt1

Heres a cute zombie au ive been following for quite a while if anyones interested. Cute may seem like an odd word to use but youll get it once you see the art style :0. Updates on weekends! Im really enjoying their take on what exactly enough determination could do to a human

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    • Like x 2
  15. garden

garden lucid dreamer

@Deresto omg this is great, thanks for the rec!

• Like x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Ive recently found a comic au called playbacktale and its kicking my ass emotionally. Main plot is flowey tricks papyrus into bringing him to the souls and an oopsie happens where they both absorb them instead.

CW for flashy glitch effect throughout

• Like x 2
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Just watched the season 2 finale of handplates and im fucking wrecked. *shakes fist at sky* ZARLAAA >X((

Also my tablet froze and locked up on papyrus saying "everythings going to be good" at the end for like 20 minutes and it was the most ominous shit

• Agree x 1
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Can somebody explain me the difference between sixbones and bromalgamates because ive been told there is one and they look very different but the wiki is being very unhelpful

19. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Same concept, done by different people. Sixbones is Zarla's take on 'what if Sans and Papyrus were an amalgamate', Bromalgamates is... someone else, a quick google indicates a joint work between Moofrog and Sushinfood, I think.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  20. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Moofrog for sure did bromalgamate stuff. Later becoming Comic Papyrus. There likely isn't so much information on her stuff cause it's largely illustrations and doodles relating to private friendgroup rp.

• Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice