Undertale OOC thread - starting up

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Aondeug, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Alex I view as being bigendered though probably definitely not getting that that is what they are. They would definitely work. But she and he would also work depending on where Alex's gender is at the moment. I imagine they'd be a brat about this to people. Like openly refusing to answer certain questions without being a shit. Granted the "are you a boy or a girl?" question is pretty worthy of being a shithead about!

Also I like the idea of Frisk not really noticing what other people complain about where it regards Alex's behavior.

• Like x 1
  2. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

YES. oh my god so adorable

i totally am good with frisk being genderqueer or some sort of nonbinary. I'm biased. I'm NB.

Either way just aaaa. I like your Frisk.

• Like x 1
  3. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Well. If you're keeping "they" for Alex it would feel weird to not do it for Frisk. Unbalanced, somehow. *thinks about it* I think Frisk's opinion on their own gender would be more like "I have no need for that hypothesis." The honest answer to "are you a boy or a girl?" would be "nah." I think it's called agendered? Frisk probably got to the underworld and monsters just started calling them "they" because they didn't claim a gender and they were like "I am okay with this."

I will mess up pronouns in my writing though. I already found and fixed one in my character summary. Help me keep an eye out?

Got the idea from my own playthroughs, of course. My first playthrough was a neutral run where I killed Toriel by accident and Undyne and Flowey on purpose. All while kind of getting in Frisk's head and trying to play what they would really feel. Which was more or less "constantly guilty about Toriel." When I killed Undyne it was because she said "the monsters you killed have families who are sad that they're never coming back" and I was like "the only person I killed was Toriel and her only family was ME HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT". (because I didn't know about Asriel or that she'd been married to Asgore yet.)

And then I did a pacifist run, and I kept waiting for the thing that would make me want to play a genocide run next, and it never came, and the people I'd killed on purpose the first time turned out to be awesome, and I was like "yes I want this reality I choose this one." I opened the game after my second run, mostly just curious about what would happen if I entered "Frisk" as my name, and Flowey asked me to let Frisk have their life and I just nodded and hit Esc.

• Like x 2
  4. TheSeer

So what's going to happen? What story do we want to write?

5. Petra

Petra space case

I kind of want to uh, play an OC younger sibling of the sixth kid to fall?

6. Aondeug

That would be neat I think! Any ideas for them in particular?

7. Petra

Petra space case

Her name is Clover and she's 14. She was 4 when her older sister, Annie, then about 12, climbed the mountain in search of adventure. And never came back, on account of presumably being murdered by Asgore. After that, their parents kind of fell apart and ended up divorcing and both moving away. Now Clover's run away and come back because the monsters came out of the mountain. She's looking for answers on what happened to her sister.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    • Like x 2
  8. Aondeug

What kind of story I'm not really sure on. Like in terms of some sort of GRAND OVERALL SCHEME. Though I do think that as far as getting us started and getting hang of people talking...Well Halloween is coming up. Like. Damn soon. Namely Saturday. That would give us all shit to talk about, definitely. And give people things to have been doing.

9. Aondeug

also i wanna toriel but then i would be my own mom

but also everyone else's mom

HELLO CHILDREN.

10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

...Oh jeez. This is a thread. I didn't realize this was a thread. Oh dear. Um.

Let me think this over.

• Like x 3
  11. Aondeug

12. Petra

Petra space case

Also. Clover resembles Annie quite a lot. They're hardly identical, but anyone who really remembers Annie could tell Clover was related to her.

13. TheSeer

Ooh. Frisk would totally give her Annie's stuff if they knew which was hers. That would be a cool scene.

• Like x 2
  14. Picori

Picori Less nice than they seem

.............................................................................................................I'd like to be Sans maybe

I haven't completed the True Ending yet though and it'll probably be a while before I do, since I only play UT when my S.O. and I hang out. We're ON the True Pacifist run, but it's always slow going. Especially since BoI Afterbirth comes out today.

• Like x 2
  15. TheSeer

Oh man, what if everyone comes up to the surface expecting the humans to be surprised, but they barely look twice. Then Frisk and Alex realize it's Halloween, laugh their asses off, and teach Asriel to trick-or-treat.

• Like x 3
  16. Aondeug

...that would be adorable. Though that does lead to the question of...how long exactly have we been up on the surface? Like are we going with post-credits? Wherein Toriel has set up her school and Papyrus has a car and so on. I had kind of assumed that if only because it would take time to make robot for Alex and such.

17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

As the group goes food shopping, the cashier, who rang them up twice before, side eyes them all. "You know Halloween was last week, right? I guess it's cool for the kids, but if you guys are gonna wear your costumes every day, could you at least wash them?"

Everybody looks at Papyrus, who's been wearing the same outfit since that costume party in the underworld. He preens at the attention and completely disregards what was said.

• Like x 2
  18. Aondeug

19. Petra

Petra space case

Ah... i'd assumed they'd been up for a while since Clover headed down there. Unless she went to the mountain itself, and is climbing it when she's passed by the monsters going the other way?

20. TheSeer

Playing the first day on the surface would be so cool though... Alex could have gotten their body before they go up or something...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice