Undertale OOC thread - starting up

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Aondeug, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Petra

Petra space case

Shrug. I'd be willing to do conveniently-timed mountaineering. :P

2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Hrmm. That is true.

What do others think about this matter? Where exactly should we start?

3. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Or, like. She's coming to town as a reaction to monsters appearing, right? Would the coolness of having actual played events to react to make up for not being in the first scene?

4. Petra

Petra space case

Well, like, there are a TON of monsters. A literal whole other civilization coming up from the ground. Even assuming a positive response from local human governments, which I'd like, I still dunno if said local human governments would be okay with just anyone walking up to them. So maybe her meeting them coming out would work better?

5. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

see i'm not real keen on doing "first day" stuff but

eh whatever i don't really have super strong feelings at it either? just like "meh"

6. Aondeug

My preference is for things to be settled in because I don't want to have to play through the politics of the whole thing. Though I guess we could do day one, talk together about how things get settled down, and then do a write up explaining the time skip and what happened during it.

7. TheSeer

Well I'd rather do something everyone's excited about than cling to the first idea that came to my mind. If we're starting when things are more settled, would Clover's arrival be a good starting point?

8. Petra

Petra space case

Sounds good to me, but it's up to everyone else.

9. Petra

Petra space case

Oh, also, the details of Annie's run through the underground might be important, so here's what I've decided.
    • She never deliberately killed anyone. Her fighting style was to weaken monsters with deliberate hits, and then talk them down. This actually worked rather well bc there wasn't murderous intent there, but she probably slipped up a few times and misjudged force or panicked.
    • She mostly avoided monster settlements, only sneaking in to buy stuff. She was pretty wary about actually talking to the monsters outside of fights. She preferred to sneak through places rather than fight.
    • She made it to Asgore's castle before dying, but she lost her hat and gun before that.
    • She was down there for a few months before she died.
    EDIT: She was also pretty sick by the time she hit Asgore, having spent the past few months in a damp cave with no home and no real friends other than Toriel to help her.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    • Like x 2
  10. Aondeug

I am fine with this being a starting point.

11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Ooh, this is interesting, though I'm not sure who I'd like to play.

12. Aondeug

Well most of the cast is open! Frisk, Asriel, The First Human, and Toriel are grabbed up everyone else is free. Someone did want to play Sans but they aren't sure since they've yet to beat the game. Free to chat about things here too if that'd help you figure out who.

13. KarrinBlue

Hmm... Well, Undyne is of course a glorious fish lady but IDK if I can roleplay her... I'm kind of interested in being the Blue Human (the one with the tutu and shoes) but, well, I have no idea what kind of character would result or how that'd work.

14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I continue to be primarily obsessed with Flowey, which isn't helpful. I'm gonna keep poking around to see if anyone else has the staying power of an interesting characterization I'd have fun with.

15. Aondeug

You could try out Undyne a few times with someone or something if you'd like? Like some sort of noncanon practice RP on the side. To see if you can do it. As for blue kid...Well. We're certainly OC happy. Not really sure at the moment how they could be included though. We did find ways for Asriel and the First Human though...

16. TheSeer

By the way, is Alex wearing a robot body or is it human somehow?

17. Aondeug

Robo-bdy.

• Like x 1
  18. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Double checking, who's everyone looking at? My reread of the thread gave me this list:

Asriel, somewhat sick due to shenanigans, @Void
    "Alex", the fallen child in a robo-body, @Aondeug
    Frisk, also somewhat sick due to the same shenanigans, @TheSeer
    "Clover," younger sibling of the 6th dead human, @Petra
    Sans, maybe, pending completion of the game, @Picori
    Undyne, maybe, @KarrinBlue
    Toriel, also @Aondeug

*edit to change it to "dead human" since ages of 1 - 5 are undetermined

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    • Like x 3
  19. Aondeug

That's indeed my people there.

• Like x 1
  20. KarrinBlue

Sure!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice