Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

do u know how you're supposed to do it? i havent managed it either tbh lmao

2. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

What are you both having trouble with? Patterns? Techniques? Just straight dexterity?

3. itsAlana

i've just got bad reflexes and cant track what's going on if there's too much happening on the screen at once

which is not a good combo of traits when [gestures to the secret boss's whole deal]

4. Lebesgue Integreat

Yeah I feel that. Do you think you would benefit from just like watching how his attacks go and getting a feel for them and how they operate? Or does the loss of tracking happen too much to make that feasible?

5. itsAlana

i could probably beat him eventually, if i really, really tried and studied, but also like... i'm not really that fussed, personally, about not being able to beat optional bosses. i've never been able to beat sephiroth in kh1 either but that's fine, u know? i don't need to to enjoy and feel satisfied with my playthrough.

6. Lebesgue Integreat

Yeah that's totally fair, I'm glad that it's not really sticking with you then.

7. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I think that it's a dyslexia problem, and just flat out missing the arrow keys some of the time. Moving diagonal with the arrow keys is hard. I watched a couple of youtube videos of no-hit runs, and the pattern thing helped somewhat, but I just can't make the SOUL move as smoothly or quickly as they can.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    • Witnessed x 2
  8. Lebesgue Integreat

That's. Probably the worst issue to have there :/ I'm sorry.

9. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

....on a semi-related note bc of the theme of 'having trouble with bosses'
    I've remembered why I never completed my Undertale playthrough....
    does anyone have any advice on how to get better at the Flowey fight that isn't going to amount to just "idk stop sucking" bc I fucking. can't
    I can't keep track of all the things that are happening on the screen in order to move fast enough and in the right direction enough to not die in the first, like, ten seconds
    I also cannot tell if there's like....any sort of pattern I should be watching for to try and know what I'll be trying to avoid next? but mostly it's just, like, my brain cannot track everything that's happening quickly enough for me to NOT run straight into a wall of fire or something. I just. can't keep up with the things enough to react quickly enough
    I ALMOST made it out of the first stage once (I think) and then I died again and then I gave up.
    is there. any advice. anything I can do. any way to practice for this that isn't 'just fight Flowey' bc honestly the more I die, the more discombobulated I get, the harder it is to focus on everything bc my brain just starts like. panicking

• Witnessed x 3
  10. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

would watching playthroughs of the fight to learn it be helpful?

11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Flowey's fight is actually pretty RNG-heavy, so there aren't really that many patterns to follow, just "try to survive until you reach the next phase".

12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Does it help to know that you’re supposed to die several times in that fight?

13. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

not really, because I can't get past the first stage, which means I will never complete it, because I was told it saves at the end of each stage....so if I can't get past the first save point, well, I can't really get to any of the others either. and that's what's frustrating to me about it.

hmmm. possibly? if it's not me playing, my brain might have more time to absorb, like....how attacks tend to go, which'll hopefully make it easier to do the thing in the moment. I'm gonna give this a go, thanks c:

• Like x 3
  14. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I can attest to the power of watching a video to learn a fight! Watching a vid of a fight you're having trouble with is a very common thing for MMO players to do, because not being the one at the controls gives you more time to examine and analyze what's happening. I don't have very good reflexes and have trouble parsing lots of action in the moment, and watching vids of fights I struggled with has done a lot to help me learn them.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

still haven't beaten it and i hate this fight so much

like i never beat sans even with all my haxing, but fucking jevil.

there's too much SPIRALS and both of the clubs attacks kill me lots, to say nothing of the second version of the carosel

i think i need to check into how to give myself all the most powerful armor and healing items and see if i can manage it with that advantage or not

• Witnessed x 4
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

hey here's a really neat post using language analysis to suggest that both Gaster and Chara might appear in the deltarune intro

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

having 99 health in a pacifist run is nice, but you know what's really nice?

[​IMG]

999/999 health for everybody!!!

editing these sorts of values seems to work about the same way as with undertale. go to where the save files are kept
    C:\Users\[SWIRL]\AppData\Local\DELTARUNE in the computer I'm using
    and open the appropriate save file in a text editor, change the relevant numbers, save, then load the game
    i edited everybody's health values to be 999 because those were the easiest numbers to find and replace - 90, 110, and 70 respectively. not sure yet which values are for inventory or equipment or anything... but honestly? the health boost was all i needed.

i beat jevil with this massive health boost, and i was still 'close' to dying - less than 200 left for each of them. for the sake of an easier game experience, i highly recommend boosting the fuck out of your hp.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  18. Honestly, hacking single-player games is fun and doesn’t hurt anybody.

• Agree x 4
  19. garden

garden lucid dreamer

here's a post with a compilation of all the times Don't Forget, and specifically the melody pattern of "Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark." is used as a leitmotif in other songs in Deltarune

• Like x 6
  20. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

whole thing genuinely is remarkably efficient bc it means that when we get to the credits and get to hear it with lyrics it hits WAY harder than it has any right to
    when i got to the credits first time i was like 'wait no why am i feeling nostalgic. why do i wanna cry when i've never heard this song bef- OH'

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice