Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I really like that framing for it. "Won the lottery." Some fortunate circumstances and some choices and his work in those circumstances worked out bafflingly well for him. I love what he's created, and I know some of that success is because it hit a certain fandom critical mass where things kept building on peoples' enthusiasm. It's not a model the rest of us can emulate with any real expectation of it working out the same - not with any more likelihood than lottery tickets begetting financial security.

• Agree x 4
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

yyyyeah that's kind of. the issue with late stage capitalism bootstrap bullshit and hustle culture. None of this can actually predictably be manufactured unless you already have incomprehensibly large amounts of money and influence. Sure most of these indie hits are also really good at what they do, but the rest is literally liek 80% sheer dumb luck.

• Agree x 6
  3. I’m mostly bitter and hate my life tbh.

Undertale is good. It has very good and important messages in it, and Undyne is one of my favorite characters from anything. But I hate that I’m never gonna have Toby’s life.

• Witnessed x 3
  4. I’m sorry guys. We good? If not, what can I do to make up for it?

5. swirlingflight

I'm content with acknowledging that that was the nature of the unhappiness and moving this thread's conversation more to game- related stuff

• Agree x 6
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Yo I found a really old gif of sans and papyrus:

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 2
  7. swirlingflight

The amazing thing is, Papyrus' proportions are a lot more like the left skeleton. He's got stubby legs and long arms for how much taller he is.

download.png download (1).png

Not his ribcage tho, that's just silly

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

[​IMG]

It's more beautiful than I could have ever imagined

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

is this like Stevens Neck
    snas' nec and leggies

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. Mm. Don't like that.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  11. swirlingflight

I need to share this image with everyone

or at least several other UT fans

it is Troubling and I must inflict it upon them

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

:D very good

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Silver Sheep

Silver Sheep IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I'm doing t h e g e n o c i d e r o u t e

i feel like history's greatest monster
    whoops that would mean something different in this context. w/e

I can understand why so many people stall out on Papyrus. Fortunately I don't particularly like him (he's fine he's just not my thing) so I murdereded him no trouble. What nearly broke me was Temmie.

Currently stuck on Undyne and I'm not even mad. She's great! She's killing me over and over but she is right to do so and I deserve it! (Is the circle o' spears her last attack pattern?)

• Like x 3
  14. swirlingflight

Ahhh, Undying. She killed me so many times.

I don't know if there's a last attack pattern for Undyne - her defeat is based solely on taking her hp down, and she'll reuse attack patterns until you get through it. If I remember right, she's got at least two different circle o'spears attack patterns. Is this the one where they spin in before closing on where the heart was when they spawned?

15. Silver Sheep

Yep, that's the one. It happens twice in a row and then I die so I don't know if it just keeps repeating, and it's the only one I've seen more than once.

I'm gradually doing better and better, getting her down to about 2/5 health. Listening to podcasts and getting righteously killed.

16. swirlingflight

I just skim-watched a video of someone else's playthrough, she's got at least one more obnoxious attack to come, but most of what you'll see is rehashes of what you've experienced so far.

17. Silver Sheep

hoho yes she just killed me with it

• Witnessed x 4
  18. swirlingflight

yeah. i think in the end i messed with the game code to cheat my way past her, she wrecked me so many times. it's glorious how effective she is at that job.

• Agree x 3
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I cheated past her too lol. I just wish there was a way to cheat past sans, though maybe it’s more fitting that there isn’t.

20. swirlingflight

i MEAN. there's one way.

if you edit both the save files to change what room you're in, you can quit, reload, and teleport past him.

that's the only way i ever saw the end in person

with undyne i just gave myself temmie armor and 8 pieces of pie - and still took a couple more tries to beat her.

sans... even with the armor and pie and i think the notebook for a weapon? he still wrecked me. i think i got into the second-to-last attack a few times, but it's just too long. my brain can't hold weapon attack patterns like that.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice