Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

He congratulated me on hitting the big One-Oh, and said we should have a party! Invite all my friends, have hotdogs and this and that and... oh wait...
    [blank eyes]
    Y o u - d o n ' t - h a v e - a n y - f r i e n d s

• Like x 4
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I have a friend and his name is Mr. Knife. How rude.

Also choosing spare when he gives you the chance was the single best decision of my life. I just kind of sat there and laughed because it was fucking perfect.

• Like x 4
  3. Aondeug

Also I'd recommend watching a video of it once you get a good ways into the fight? To give yourself a chance to look at the patterns without having to actually deal with them. That and watching them can help give you ideas on gameplans. A lot of it's memorization and you'll eventually find your own way of dealing with the attacks though. Like the one you described...one the first one like that I hop over the first set, push my heart to the right a bit on the second, and jump on the third. When the platform is returning I slide my soul over to the left a bit and then back as I near the middle lane. As I am crossing the middle lane for the second time again I nudge to the left to pass under. Then I just jump straight up as high as I can in between the first and second lanes. The attack ends before you hit the bottom row.

But I've seen people do other shit with it. Like some people will also hop over or nudge past the first lane on the way back.

• Like x 1
  4. Sailorbeefcake

Sailorbeefcake Well-Known Member

Poor Sans though. He has to beat the player again and again and again in the hope that they'll give up and go do literally anything else, whereas they only have to hit him once to send him to meet Papyrus in skeleton-heaven.

I can just imagine him wearily rolling his weird glowy socket-light things as the player struts their ass up to him, Sans thinking 'why do you keep coming back here to get a big blue shit taken on you kid, you've seen this fucking fight and ending on youtube like everyone else.'

Interesting how the pacifist ending has the final boss be someone who only sees the game as a game to be exploited, whereas the genocide ending has the final boss be a person from the game who treats the world he lives in as real and fights for it because of that.

I like Pacifist better, though Genocide gives the characters some extra depth and has the two hardest fights in it, it just doesn't have the charm and fun I look for in a game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like x 8
  5. swirlingflight

I'm tired, reflexes are down, how about I take a look at one of those videos to get a sense of it and sleep on it, right?

these dunks just don't stop coming

so far I usually die on this attack, though I've gotten further a few times

[​IMG]

and the furthest conversation I've reached is this:

[​IMG]

that puts me about 3 minutes into a 13 minute battle.

T_T

a bad time indeed. I"m gonna watch that, double check my alerts, and go the heck to sleep.

• Like x 1
  6. swirlingflight

Oh, hey, someone transcribed a lot of it with their video.
    over here

I bolded a few lines.

So that seems to confirm it: Sans does not the have memories of other timelines that Flowey or Chara reset. But he does seem to have memories of a single timeline that he can no longer get back to, probably the one from before Gaster did whatever the fuck Gaster did. He has some way of getting reports of other timelines, photographs from other timelines, but he doesn't remember you or being friends with you.

• Like x 2
  7. Aondeug

God dammit I want to go through geno again now just for the fight. Like it pissed me the fuck off but once I got it down it was grand. Because it was like my touhous! BUT WITH PLATFORMING HOLY SHIT YES. I like the pacifist boss fights but they are too easy.

That and I can continue to do my Buddhist thing. Of sitting there and watching and listening.

Really though I wish there was some geno level difficulty version of Muffet's fight. And Mettaton's. Fuck. I would pay Toby all my money just for some sort of balls to the walls fuck you difficulty fights with the other modes.

• Like x 2
  8. swirlingflight

.. Oh god. I just watched a couple of videos of it. That flickering screen changing shit isn't them showing parts of different attempts, that's actually part of the battle. I don't know if I'll be able to beat it.

... Not that this is a terrible thing. I got my game through Steam, and I don't exactly want to go through the trouble of neutralizing the end of a geno run.

9. Aondeug

AHHH HELL YES VOIDBURDER DID A PACIFIST RUN WITH CHIP IN THE CALL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

And yeah the screen flicker is part of the fight. It is tough when you first come across it but you do get the hang of it? Or I did anyway but then I am twitchy gamer.

• Like x 2
  10. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

sans is such a poor sad boy I want to cuddle the hell out of him. It's terrible that he apparently lost a family member and has vague memories and knowledge of a happier timeline but he can't even remember any of it clearly and he can't go there and experience it, he is stuck on hellmurder-timeline with the knife-child and all he can do is fiht them, and he can't even be sure how many times he's done that already. And he knows that if he loses even once it's all over.

• Like x 9
  11. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I'm about to go in to my first geno Undyne fight. Wish me luck :(

• Like x 2
  12. swirlingflight

@Nertbugs Don't eat all your snowman pieces in the Undyne fight, I promise you will regret it later.

13. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Eek, thanks for the warning. The walkthroughs I'd been reading suggested the opposite, but I think I have enough other healing items to see me through.

14. Aondeug

The glasses are a very good thing to wear in that fight. Super good.

• Like x 1
  15. swirlingflight

It's mostly just that snowman pieces heal 45, compared to the Legendary Hero's 40. If you can manage Undyne without using them all, hoard them in your box for the bad time. I accidentally saved without backing up my pre-Undyne file, so I regretted it.

Then again, I regret so many things about getting dunked.

16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

is the inv bonus of the glasses good enough to make up for their lower defense in the bad time fight? ...actually, the notebook would probably be the best bet, since your weapon doesn't really matter. I'll go get one before diving back in.

17. Sailorbeefcake

[​IMG]

• Like x 12
  18. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

oh my fucking god

19. swirlingflight

[​IMG]

31 times i've died in the angel playthrough

31 times

27 of them were sans

and only once did i reach the point of him sparing me

[​IMG]

• Like x 8
  20. Sailorbeefcake

[​IMG]

• Like x 12
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice