Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

You know what?

F u c k i t .

I ' m a c h e a t i n g c h e a t e r .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

let's see you dunk me now asshole

*edit

... what.

[​IMG]

okay, so the health trick doesn't work, not even when i put all those values high. fine.

but what the shit is this? when i went to attack sans for the first time...

[​IMG]

he's already sparing me?

and when i tried to attack him... no weapon menu came up. he's just dancing and grinning at me.

... i'm gonna try mercy and see what happens.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like x 4
  2. swirlingflight

. . .

O K A Y
    T H E N

I am a cheating cheater who cheats.

A N D E V E N T H A T D O E S N ' T W O R K .

when i tried to attack him, the attack never happened

when i quit, reloaded, and spared him?

it goes into his normal spare event

[​IMG]

and now that's a new variable in my game's history

[​IMG]

the fact that i couldn't even attack...

that once i haxed myself a full set of pies and the temy armor, it wouldn't work except to let him kill me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*ETA

I'm really feeling it, Flowey.

Also I figured out the problem with my attacks; I accidentally deleted my weapon when I was spamming my inventory with pie.

• Like x 2
  3. swirlingflight

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR ROOM NUMBER FROM 231 TO 232 YOU CAN JUST FUCKING BYPASS SANS ALTOGETHER

*eta
    ... I'm going back anyway, but it's nice to have the option.

• Like x 1
  4. swirlingflight

[​IMG]

O o p s .

• Like x 1
  5. swirlingflight

OTL

i give.

he's too fucking much for me. i can't do it.

i backed up my save, and then i reset.

[​IMG]

As I hoped, Flowey's response to a reset is amusing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think this time I'll actually do that early geno, and give up to genuinely hug Papyrus.

I mean. I bought my game through Steam anyway. From what I hear, it's harder to undo selling your soul with the Steam copy. Too much trouble.

Maybe later...

6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Fucking. Yunno, as someone who is almost completely technologically inept, everything you're doing looks like witchcraft.

• Like x 1
  7. swirlingflight

Hehe. Witchcraft, but witchcraft that I am still an amateur at! I am cheating at cheating, by referencing handy compilations others have made.

A steam guide to items and the known contents of File 0.

The game saves, at least in Windows 7, under C: / users / (user) / appdata / local /roaming /undertale. File 0 seems to be the real save file, while file 8 and 9 are more temporary ones for stuff like Flowey's load bs. The configuration settings thing is where I looked to see basic stuff like how many times Sans killed me.

If I quit the game, mess around with those settings, and reload the game? It looks to those files for what my save file is supposed to be like... so it reads whatever I put in there.

One of the lines that's in each of the files and the configuration settings is the Room you're in. People already compiled that list completely, over here.

Certain conditions have to be met before you can actually do the event in some of those rooms... Like, I was on a geno run and I kept trying to teleport to the room where you choose whether to spare Flowey in a normal run? The game kept popping me to an infinite black void with Annoying dog dancing and playing a song in front of me.

*eta
    ... he he he. Looks like you can bypass that name thing at the start. I'm probably not going to stay playing as "Sans" but this is funny.

*eta2
    it's a good thing that i can walk away from this and go back to reality. this kind of poking and prodding and exploring until bored is exactly what makes flowey be flowey

• Like x 4
  8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

About the glasses: I found that for me personally the glasses did in fact make up for the lower defense. Because I got to make a couple more mistakes. I suppose those hits hurt more, but I was taking fewer hits and to me that means everything in that fight. I personally go in with those and the ballet shoes.

• Like x 2
  9. Charlimander

Charlimander The Tiniest Dragon

I was reading through and....im not sure if this was mentioned on this thread and i missed it, but while reading it occurred to me....

Assuming Sans is aware this is a game, is aware of the save mechanic you have control of, is aware of everything that has happened and will happen...

Then when he faces you in the No Mercy run.... He knows he can't win. He knows you'll just keep reloading and reloading until you kill him. Maybe he's hoping you'll get frustrated and quit. Maybe he just doesn't care now that everything's gone to shit and his brother is dead.

Maybe he's just angry enough to throw everything he has at you even though he knows it won't mean anything. Just for the satisfaction.

• Like x 11
  10. Sailorbeefcake

Sailorbeefcake Well-Known Member

Looks like the bone zone is no longer your home zone

But you still got owned

(Seriously, the fact that Sans responds to the player cheating to try and beat him by cheating even worse is the best thing ever)

• Like x 11
  11. Sushinfood

Sushinfood the walking Nina Ricci sampler

:3 I'm glad he dunked on you. You dirty brother killer.

• Like x 4
  12. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

It's honestly amazing especially in parallel to the Omega Flowey fight in comparison.

I mean, you have the power of cheating and can break the world as much as your skills abide by it, while Sans only has his in-game skills, including the meta anti-cheat measures and his sparing prank. Despite being more powerful, you could not pass him. He was just too DETERMINED, to the point he became the Frisk to your Omega Flowey.

And when you just cheat to bypass him entirely, the world itself refused to give in. That's amazing. I almost want to see a story from this, because hot Damn!

• Like x 9
  13. Sailorbeefcake

Sailorbeefcake Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to draw Sans on a recliner smoking a cigar with smoke coming out of his sockets looking smug now

• Like x 10
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Please do.

Also that would be a fun thing to write. Maybe. Hrmmm. I would have to think about what to do with it and then probably get distracted with more fanfic about my murder son instead or something. My writing moods are fickle and awful.

• Like x 3
  15. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Did I get that right, between your saving and resetting power, and the player being vastly more old and multidimensional, but still interacting with the game characters in the dimensions they exist in...
    We are basically Nyarlathotep?

• Like x 6
  16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

ok so i'm doing a pacifist run of undertale where i don't eat any food or equip anything

and i'm near the beginning of the snowdin area (the room with papyrus' sentry station) and i just got a call from alphys trying to order a pizza???

this is my 4th time playing this game and i don't remember this ever happening? has this happened to anyone else?

(specifically, i did a neutral run and then true pacifist run on my old laptop. on my surface - the computer i'm using now - i did an aborted no mercy run (as in, i did no mercy up until sparing papyrus) before starting on this run.)

didn't think to get screenshots. i'm gonna quit and load again to see if it happens again.

• Like x 1
  17. garden

garden lucid dreamer

ALSO i got a weird bug back when i did the aborted no mercy run - after i spared papyrus, the next time i loaded, it had toriel on the load game screen? even though, you know, she was totally still dead. still not sure what was up with that.

18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I got that bug too! Except I'm doing a full genocide run, and it's got Toriel and Sans and Papyrus, and has from the very beginning. Don't really know what's up with that. I spared Toriel and Papyrus on my previous run, maybe it just accidentally kept the same load game screen from that run?

19. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I wrote this a few months ago and now every time I see it...well, it seems eerily like the plot of Undertale:

Don’t end up like me, children;
    I wandered where I willed
    Be it path or darkened wood.
    I never learned how to tell ‘evil’ from ‘good’.

Don’t look at me, children;
    I fell from all I loved.
    And who made the fatal choices? I.
    I was lucky to even have said goodbye.

Don’t listen to me, children;
    I may look human to you,
    But I’m every mistake and nothing more,
    A cautionary tale for you to ignore.

• Like x 5
  20. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

It never happened to me (I only did one pacifist run), but I've been keeping up with the discoveries and theories on the Starmen.net forum, and that's a random phonecall event that can happen! Apparently there are four of them.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice