Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

CHARA NO

• Like x 2
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

But what if Chara yes?

• Like x 2
  3. Sailorbeefcake

Sailorbeefcake Well-Known Member

Man, who even cares about writing fanfic like that for the edge when you could write it for the comedic potential?

ASRIEL: THIS IS MY OC! HE'S ME BUT IN A COOLER VERSION OF MY MUM'S DRESS AND HAS EVIL RED AND BLACK EYES AND EVIL HORNS AND MARKS ON HIS FACE AND HIS POWERS INCLUDE THE CHAOS BUSTER AND CHAOS SABERS AND FIRING STARS ACROSS THE SCREEN AND TURNING INTO HIS ULTRA FORM WHICH IS EVEN STRONGER AND ITS-

FRISK: fucking sucks bruh

FRISK: *i kicks ur shitty oc int the face w ballet shoes*

ASRIEL: MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!!

• Like x 13
  4. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Chara answer to no one. Chara might as well at this rate. Chara why not

• Like x 4
  5. Aondeug

Definitely not me, but then I don't like writing comedy fanfic very much because I get bored. Comedy is definitely an element of my writing, but as a whole? Meh. I need more abject misery and pain and pretentious wondering about the nature of suffering and love. Now watch me explore the wonders of my childhood trauma through this fanfic about goats.

BUT GOD WOULD I READ THAT SHIT IF SOMEONE ELSE WROTE IT. The comedy thing that is.

6. swirlingflight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  7. Aondeug

with my abject misery and beefcake's comedy all will be happy

8. garden

garden lucid dreamer

• Like x 3
  9. Aondeug

Sobs over spoilerly fanarts.

Also in terms of people playing this game Voidburger's pacifist run is great. Like. Just. Joy filled. She almost dies from laughing over Mettaton.

• Like x 2
  10. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

It was really fun seeing his reaction to

meeting Flowey for the first time and Flowey going all MURDERFACE on you. It's one thing to feel the O_O, it's another to see it in action!

• Like x 3
  11. swirlingflight

...Heh. He really likes changing his accent. And I am a little disappointed he figured out the fight command so quickly. I thought he would accidentally kill more people.

• Like x 1
  12. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

The game grumps playthrough is pretty good at parts, Ross uses his Markiplier voice to voice Mettaton.

• Like x 2
  13. garden

garden lucid dreamer

yesss i like the game grumps playthrough a lot! hopefully they'll put a new ep out soon...

also i have been seeing quite a lot of chara art with a bloody knife and in general i'm like ? cause like i know it's v apt for them but on the other hand the monsters all turn to dust when they die and don't rly have flesh and blood so really them and their knife should be all dusty (as Papyrus says when you confront him in no mercy route: "YOUR HANDS ARE ALWAYS COVERED IN DUSTY POWDER...")

the exception here is sans, but considering that papyrus did not bleed i kinda agree with the headcanon that the 'blood' you see when you kill sans is actually ketchup. so is the knife actually supposed to be dripping with ketchup in all this chara art?

just... felt the need to nitpick, sorry.

• Like x 6
  14. swirlingflight

It's convenient shorthand for making it obvious that the kid is spooky, but really. They should be spattered in dust, a strange low-saturation to their features. Not blood.

• Like x 5
  15. Petra

Petra space case

Hello I am just getting into this thread now!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I researched buttercups (specifically the ranunculus genus). They absolutely look like the yellow flowers in undertale that are called buttercups, and they are quite toxic, but, eh... the method of toxicity isn't really one you could pass off as sickness.

The major toxic compound in ranunculus flowers is protoanemonin. It's produces when the plant is wounded, such as through rough handling or, obviously, chewing. When you dry ranunculus before ingesting it, the toxic degrades and it's perfectly safe. ANYWAY, one of the most immediate reactions the body has to protoanemonin is inflamation, burning, blistering, and rashes on the skin. That's actually a big part of why it's so deadly to ingest, because this reaction ends up happening to YOUR ENTIRE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM. So that probably explains the vomiting and spasms, and then there's dizziness, paralysis, and nausea on top of that. It is an extremely unpleasant way to die, and if Chara ingested enough to kill themselves, it would leave very visible burns and blisters on their lips and in their mouth.

Anyway, I find that pretty interesting but I'm not sure if that's exactly what Toby Fox intended, so I headcanon the flowers as not quite what we think of as buttercups, so not ranunculus, so they've got a different method of toxicity and different symptoms that could more easily be passed off as a sudden illness.

• Like x 7
  16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

!!! apparently jon risinger (roosterteeth) has started streaming undertale as well! everyone i love is playing this game i love it

unrelated: sometimes i see people tag undertale posts as UT which always makes me laugh because my university's name is often abbreviated as UT

ETA: looks like jon's going into undertale completely blind - to the point where his run is already neutral, so i'll probably be paying more attention to markiplier's playthrough. still cool that he's streaming it, though!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  17. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I'm so close to finishing my first playthrough. I just can't fucking figure out
    am I supposed to get past Flowey? What the fuck.

• Like x 1
  18. Petra

Petra space case

Do you want to be told?

19. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

i don't think markipkier has quite grasped the existence of the c menu and it's bothering me because i want him to flirt with toriel

• Like x 3
  20. Sailorbeefcake

Sailorbeefcake Well-Known Member

So Chara died vomiting and crapping blood.

Jesus, kid. Why couldn't you just stick to eating fucking chocolate and butterscotch pies?

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice