Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I cry because it's true. If there's an easy way to block the Sans/Reader and Sans/OC tags on AO3, I want to know it.

• Like x 2
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

one of the few advantages ff.net has over AO3. you can sort shit out a lttle neater. more extensive tagging is cool in a lotta ways, but hell do some people just tag everything they ever even think briefly about throwing into their story. also, you can say no stories with the oc character tag on ff.net. a life saver in certain fandoms.

• Like x 3
  3. Sailorbeefcake

Sailorbeefcake Well-Known Member

What irks me is how out-of character it is. Sans wouldn't feed you chocolate-covered strawberries while calling you beautiful, he'd put a bucket of water over the bedroom-door. And then when you dried yourself off and lay down on the bed, you'd hear the telling sound of a whoopee-cushion.

You unzip his pants.

Springy snakes fly out.

• Like x 12
  4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

wait i dont read any of that stuff, do the peeps who're into sans in like a sex way actually try an make him romantic and jnk? fuckin whats the point, dudes fun why would you wanta jump his literal bones if you weren't into doofy humor? it ain't like he's a hunk, he's a fucking skeleton, whts there to be attracted to besides his personality??

• Like x 3
  5. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

//shrugs

i have a friend really into sans and at this point i'm like "have fun with your cartoon skeleton hot dog husband"

• Like x 2
  6. Sailorbeefcake

I think it's entirely due to Genocide Sans. He's powerful, driven, determined, has good bone-structure (well not really, he's kind of lumpy and ugly but fanart can make anything happen) and has cool glowy eyes and telekinesis and shit. Husbando material. Reminds me of the Lewis fandom a while back, but at least Lewis looked like a conventionally attractive human wearing a mask, he didn't really look like an actual skelly.

There are a lot of people out there who want Sa'stacks up to 29 hot animals on your head for free'ns to dunk them, basically.

I'm not kink-shaming, but I am somewhat perplexed.

• Like x 9
  7. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

i don't know either, i really don't.

at this point i just let people have their fun cuz i am gonna fuck the fish lady so i REALLY have no room to talk about fucking weird things

• Like x 3
  8. Sailorbeefcake

Ha ha, you got NTRed by the litter-lizard.

(Me too.)

• Like x 3
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

powerful driven sans is a sign that shits gotten real bad. sad sad skeleman with dead bro and friends having to fight a fight he knows he can't win, not when his opponant plays with his world like its a game. bad times, unfun, want a skelebro who jokes and has fun. sad then too, maybe, but want him happy.
    peeps like what they like, though. dont mean nothing.
    fish and dino with big knarly teef and big soft goat dad for me, so. can't judge. guess i'm a furry.

• Like x 3
  10. swirlingflight

Yeah, I'm content to let people id whatever they id without complaining much about it. I do wish it was easier for me to avoid it, though.

• Like x 1
  11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

aww man, i bet there are timelines where fuckin chara took a break or gave up entirely and sans had to actually like live and garbage after all his friends and his bro are dead, the underground is devistated, they're all still trapped, flowey's still there and still flowey, asgore's the king that hid and let a human devistate his people. alphys took peeps into her lab and had to come clean plus her best peeps are murderated. has anyone wrot about that timeline? d be coolio.

• Like x 3
  12. Sailorbeefcake

The ending where you fuck up a Geno run in Hotland or the Core is pretty similar to that!

When Sans calls you up he hands the phone over to her. She awkwardly tells you how much she hates you for killing her friends, but muses on how your actions forced her to better herself and show strength and leadership. The surviving monsters ask her to rule over them, and she hesitantly accepts with Sans as her adviser/assistant. She says he's a good guy, and she thinks she'll be able to make things work for the kingdom.

It's notable for being the only ending where Papyrus is dead, but Sans actually works for something anyway. Between this and Alphys' 'Oh, everybody knows Sans!' in the TP end it makes me ever more convinced the two have some sort of history. Might have been scientist buds at some point, given how Sans apparently has connections with that. And the 'you too' Gaster mentions are theorized to have possibly been Sans and Alphys.

• Like x 5
  13. swirlingflight

Geno timeline where Sans kills the human and then lingers on in an un-reset universe? Check. But, serious trigger warning, a major focus of the fic is Sans being increasingly suicidal, and Flowey loudly encouraging it.

• Like x 2
  14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

@swirlingflight if this trick works for all tags, you could use it to not see sans/oc fics! I don't know why I haven't been doing that myself. Those are so annoying to scroll past :/

I think the reason why people are so obsessed with him is just angst + drama + tortured soul + pushed-to-the-limit badassery = sexy enough to ignore like 90% of his characterization plus the fact that he's a literal skeleton. I try to live and let live too, but i'm what the tumblr kids call Salty about that last point, willfully flubbed characterization of complex characters is a huge pet peeve for me (especially when it's done for the sake of cheap drama) -_-

This series has the best-written Sans (and everyone else!) that I've seen. It's probably my favorite undertale fic I've found so far, and I'm really excited because apparently the author has a longfic in the works.

• Like x 3
  15. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

dude
    thirteen-yo!me would've loudly proclaimed to be married to sans
    heck even current!me jokes about him being my skeleton husband
    but i have been saying that shit since the first time he whoopie-cushioned frisk. I died of laughter. STUPID PUNS AND A GOOFY GRIN? HECK TO THE FRICKIN YEAH THAT IS MY TYPE.
    i think what i also find really attraactive about sans is that he is so caring about his brother and nice to frisk like heck ye hECK YE A+ HUSBAND MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!
    i mean geno!sans is p hot too due to the whole scary-powerful-dominant thing (i haz a kink) but man, MAN pacifist sans is so cute and adorable and dorky and i'd date him so hard! That grillby date and hotel-restaurant date are among my favorite scenes from the game for a reason

• Like x 8
  16. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

Sans seems like the sort who would wear a pair of Groucho Marx glasses your first time with him, and acts like he's not wearing them.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    • Like x 14
  17. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

18. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Just finished the game! By which I mean, i did a pacifist run, went straight for True Pacifist after the neutral boss fight, finished that, and am never touching the game again. Yay!

• Like x 6
  19. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

re: sanshusbanding, I've seen the sansfuckers everywhere and god bless them, I can understand the inherent silly attractions of a
    highlighter blue magical floating dong, I would probably laugh until I semi-purposefully fell on top of that if I ever saw it
    -ahem- but I am so, so deep in Mettatonfuckerland that I cannot see the way out.

Equally improbably as far as the mechanics -ahem- goes, but at least you know MTT is down. We know that because of approximately everything he does in canon.

@palindromordnilap I like knowing that there are save files of Undertale out there that begin with pacifism, end with pacifism, and are the pacifist route forever, no resets. It's like a little happy ending bubble on someone's hard drive.

• Like x 11
  20. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice