Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

• Like x 1
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Warning for frequent motion and screen changes.

I.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    • Like x 5
  3. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Meanwhile.

• Like x 1
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

some of these are just so ???????????????? and i'm not even particularly vanilla

5. swirlingflight

these are close to my headcanon voices for the skelebros

• Like x 4
  6. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Finally finished the True Pacifist run and like fuck I'm doing a Genocide run, so I no longer have to fear spoilers :3

...I'm also wryly amused, because when I started playing, I picked 'Marc' as the name since I knew a little bit about the game ahead of time and knew I'd be pretty much sparing everything, and Marc is the nickname of my favorite OC, who is an enormous softie and also wimp who couldn't hurt a fly if it was biting him.

IMAGINE MY CHAGRIN WHEN I FIND OUT WHO I WAS REALLY PICKING A NAME FOR????

Also while I'm here I'm gonna pimp my old RP buddy's tumblr again cause man look at this adorable Monster Kid they crocheted! Seems like she's planning on doing more as well, and will post the pattern she used if anyone wants to see it. :3

• Like x 7
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

• Like x 3
  8. IvyLB

i can't stop listening to it its mesmerizing

• Like x 2
  9. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

So, I have watched a lot of Undertale Let's Plays over the past few weeks.

Note: SPOILERS all inside these let's plays, naturally. Seriously, play the game first, why are you even here if you haven't played the game?

My favorite Neutral run is Marriland - unlike many other Youtubers, he actually did record the run all at once, with no spoilers whatsoever. (Really, I think that reactions in the Final Corridor are more genuine if you do have a couple levels.) I'm looking forward to his Pacifist run, which he has already recorded in a similarly blind manner.

My favorite Pacifist run is Shiirahime, who is probably the most perceptive of the blind Pacifist first runs I've ever seen. (Although, seriously, don't expect a blind Pacifist to show you all the game; the nature of going in blind means that one is certain to miss things.) From the more limited pool of "mainstream"/"popular" youtube series, the best one is probably Cryaotic, for emotional reactions. I don't have a favorite Fully Voiceacted Pacifist yet, mostly because those are unsurprisingly thin on the ground, but Vinesauce Joel's is reasonably adequate for the task if you must have full or near-full narration.

I haven't watched nearly as many Genocide runs. I don't have established favorites yet because of that. However, the last several minutes of this video (SUPER SPOILERY, cued to most relevant part) are absolutely priceless.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    • Like x 4
  10. swirlingflight

Oh my GOD that last video. That poor player was so misled. The "it's all gonna be worth it, my game is going to be clear of Chara." THE FUCKING ENDING TEXT.

11. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I definitely liked Cryaotic and Vinesauce Joel's playthroughs. And that last video was hilarious.

12. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

For Youtubers/LPers etc I'm partial to Voidburger's run, mostly because by the time she hit Hitland she's laughing so hard she's nearly crying. Jacksepticeye just finished a pacifist run, and I have to give him props for
    figuring out the Flowey-Asriel connection just from the tapes in the True Lab. Nobody else notices that they both say "Howdy!"
    Also I like his accent.
    And for Genocide runs I watched Slowbeef do it. It's a stream with some other people chatting in it, and for the final leg they actually get Everdraed (who did some work on the game*) in a Skype call, and he has some insight.

He designed Omega Flowey, did some general testing, and apparently playtested a harder version of the Genocide boss

• Like x 1
  13. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I favor Dodger's (presshearttocontinue) playthrough, because she did both pacifist and genocide, and she has a nice voice besides. >_> I really like her Papyrus voice

also, I've started writing a fic, which is horrifying, I never write fanfic and haven't an ao3 to put in on, either. I probably need someone to rush in and slap the pen out of my hand before I create a disaster. I just get really annoyed when UT fics get certain things wrong, and I wanted to do something around game mechanics and cheating, and so on

I wonder if I can actually complete this or not. wouldn't be more than a few pages.

• Like x 5
  14. Sailorbeefcake

Sailorbeefcake Well-Known Member

Goddamn. That DYWTBA_Brony video really got me - not even so much the ending, but his genuine grief and regret about killing that little cartoon skeleton. ;__;

Undertale wasn't perfect as a game, but as an immersive experience I can't think of anything that tops it.

• Like x 3
  15. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

Well, at the very least, you can post it here and we can read it!

• Like x 2
  16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

i have no words that can adequately describe this

• Like x 2
  17. swirlingflight

A comic of massive Undertale Spoilers.

Like, holy shit.

"Our child was proof that there were good humans."

And Asgore realizing how Chara died.

It's just.... oh man. instant head canon. I cries.

• Like x 6
  18. IvyLB

oh god my poor heart

19. swirlingflight

• Like x 6
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

A thing I love in Undertale:
    Asriel is both a portmanteau of Asgore and Torial, it is also irl the name of the angel of death. And the symbol on the ruins is mentioned in game to have come to mean the angel of death.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice