Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

i cant believe no one's talked about the Big Pun in this thread
    guys

guys

the thing that lets you load

the thing that every save point gives you

the thing that brings monsters back from the brink of death

de-termination.

• Like x 13
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

holy fucking shit -drags hands down face-

3. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

groans loudly

4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

5. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

puts on shades

you're welcome

6. gills

gills dead

drops into this thread because i am absolutely obsessed with this game

and when i say this game i mean mettaton

(ok undyne too but mostly mettaton)

(also @itsAlana i have mad respect for that pun)

• Like x 7
  7. swirlingflight

Zarla's comics about the skelebros are frequently adorable and on point. This one in particular:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look at these gossipy brothers, so focused on chatting about (and complaining about) each other.

• Like x 11
  8. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

I found the Reapertale AU, and I am simultaneously happy and really, really grumpy about it. Because I love playing around with mythology, and Undertale could work so well for it... but I just can't see Sans as the cruel, vicious kind of Death. Obviously everyone can have their own interpretations, it's fanfiction, but it's just not how I see his character at all. I'd have him as the friendly, laid-back, don't-fear-the-Reaper type.

He's not there to kill you, that ship's already sailed, he just wants to make sure your soul gets where it needs to go without any... unfortunate detours or interference. Hey, it's a thankless job, but somebody's got to do it. Oh, you were just on the edge of dying, but you pulled through? Great, he's happy for you, anything that means he has less work to do.

• Like x 11
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

So like DEATH then?

• Like x 5
  10. Scheherazade

Yeah, I was gonna say- basically Discworld's Death but with a better grasp of humor.

• Like x 4
  11. swirlingflight

One person I rp with thought the same thing. They made a tiny AU with reaper skeletons: as in, after Sans and Papyrus died, they were offered the gig of soul ferriers. Papyrus takes it all Very Seriously and wears the full, imposing regalia, even if he's a sweetheart about reassuring the recently deceased. Sans.. is a lot more casual and Sans about it all.

• Like x 7
  12. Scheherazade

I was thinking, like... Sans as the Judge of the Dead, who leads people away from their dying bodies and safely into the afterlife, looks at their past, and gives them some friendly advice before Papyrus (probably an incarnation of Hope) leads them off to be reincarnated as whoever they're going to be next.

Shit. Now I actually want to try working out yet another plot I don't plan on writing. (Also, @swirlingflight, if your friend doesn't mind I'd be interested in seeing that AU they came up with.)

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    • Like x 1
  13. swirlingflight

(I think they did a drawing of their Sans and roleplayed as him on Dreamwidth for a little while, but I'm not sure if they did anything else with it. If I can find links to them them, I'll ping you with them!)

• Like x 3
  14. swirlingflight

PAPYRUS VISION™

[​IMG]

Don't you really want to date this handsome skeleton now?

source

• Like x 11
  15. swirlingflight

Undertale's fandom is kinda infamous for having so many AUs, and having most of them center on the skelebros. Which is a shame! There are other interesting and delightful characters! But the bros are the first two you meet who can actually stick around and be chatted with through the game, so it makes sense they're the most popular.

But that's not true of all the AUs.

One of them, that I've just been introduced to, is StoryShift, which takes certain characters and shifts them to different narrative roles (and some differences in their backstories and circumstances and whatnot). Who's swapped to who is spoilers.

The story itself takes place mostly in the imgur albums each of those tumblr posts links to...
    [​IMG]

behold Chara and Asriel, the sentry siblings encountered in Snowdin.

Papyrus the skeleton is the caretaker of the ruins... his brother Sans is the sad and lonely king of the underground.

Chara the sad, supportive adoptive sibling of the enthusiastic Snowdin sentry Asriel!

Toriel, still mother of Asriel, and the badass goat/dragon who tries to intimidate you---into not going forward.

Royal Scientist Asgore, who wants to make everyone happy... so when he accidentally made abominations of science, of course he sent them home to be with their families!

Undyne the cyborg, anime fan, and apprentice to Asgore...

Alphys, the sad introvert who literally hides under a ghostly bedsheet...

...and Blooky and Mettaton, who're now respectively Flowey and Chara.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    • Like x 7
  16. swirlingflight

btw if you weren't won over by the idea, let me try to convince you a little further: behold two of the changed phonecalls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 9
  17. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

The concept itself was enough to get me into it! I'm about halfway through what they have up right now and it's really cool. I love AUs like this - they can be a lot harder to pull off than a complete context shift.

• Like x 5
  18. swirlingflight

For real! I've looked at some other AUs for Undertale, but most of them are so... flat. This one took a lot of time and care to switch them around in ways that work, and put in the sorts of tiny details that make the game enjoyable! *hearteyes*

• Like x 5
  19. swirlingflight

• Like x 9
  20. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

1. I FINALLY GOT PAST UNDYNE and maybe made friends with her? I dunno, Papyrus says we should all totally hang out but tbh I'm just happy she's not trying to filet me anymore

2. oh god Alphys how are you so cute.

3. Mettaton, you are the worst quiz show host.

am I gonna get to play Cyrano for Alphys and Undyne? please I will gladly help the angry fish lady and the tiny lizard(?) scientist lady hook up

• Like x 13
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice