Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

It also explains why every random-encounter monster of the same species acts identical-their species/race/breed/subspecies/ of monster unwound to have that personality as a trait, and only relatively low-cuil monsters have their own personalities.

They'd diversify once the voidyness dissipates, which probably takes anything from a few days to a few weeks.

Bonus headcanon: magic all comes from the Void via dimensional 'pipeways', but usually doesn't bring much Voidyness with it. The Seven Mages not only sealed the monsters inside the barrier-they sealed all the dimensional 'pipeways' in the solar system into the barrier, making proper magic impossible on the whole planet except for the Underground.
    That's why the book says that humans will never know magic, despite human mages having been A Thing. The barrier's existence makes magic impossible elsewhere.

Incidentally that means that magical energies can easily be created and destroyed, by taking more from the Void or sending it back. No, that's not moving things around. The Void is the place for things that don't exist.

• Like x 3
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

UA and I chatting about brainwashing led to
    UA: wosh u brain

And now I have the core of a concept for an Underfell Woshua
    That's a thing that happened

• Like x 6
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

So now I'm wondering about monster recipes. They probably wouldn't have much large-animal meat, because of the space requirements of large animals-so, they'd probably have things like insects and mice as major protein sources.

• Like x 1
  4. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

no wonder the mice in the cheese rooms never come out when you're there D:

• Like x 3
  5. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

To be fair, monster food seems to convert directly to magical energy when you eat it, so they might not actually need a specific balance of protein and other kinds of nutrients, just enough food to make sure they completely replenish their magical energy supplies.

• Like x 4
  6. swirlingflight

I assume that monsters take longer to digest it than humans, since none of them eat to restore hp. But otherwise, agreed; what nutrients do sequins or typha offer?

7. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

IIRC, aren't all the food items in Undertale meat-free, even the ones that sound like they'd contain meat? Glamburgers are made of glitter and sequins, Sans' hot dogs are actually water sausages, I think the description of the steak with Mettaton's face on it is something like "you don't think this is real meat"... It could theoretically be coincidence, but I always figured the idea was that monsters didn't eat meat in general.

• Like x 2
  8. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

On the other hand, Toriel eats snails, and at least some of them are sentient, which is ???

• Like x 7
  9. swirlingflight

Mmmm delicious fridge horror sitting next to that brand name chocolate bar.

• Like x 5
  10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Hah, fridge horror.

Then again, monsters seem to not mind eating other monsters-nobody considers the spider bake sale objectionable for having spider corpses in the food, just for its prices.

Which implies that eating a monster that died of things that aren't murder is probably just. A Thing.

...that probably got started in the early days of the Underground, when food was probably scarce.

• Like x 8
  11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Yo headsup, last run of this year's AGDQ is gonna be Undertale.
    So Saturday night / Sunday morning depending which timezone you're in.

• Like x 1
  12. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

13. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Awesome Games Done Quick

• Like x 1
  14. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Yes this. A charity speedrun marathon happening once in winter (AGDQ) and once in Summer (Summer Games Done Quick, or SGDQ)

15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

That's really cool!

Incidentally, did anybody else notice that the noodles Frisk can steal from Alphys's fridge are spicy prawn flavour?

• Like x 1
  16. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Wait, if monsters dissolve on death how would making food out of them work?

17. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Using the dust as flour, maybe?

• Like x 3
  18. Technicality

Spread the dust like grated cheese. Or bake it in.

19. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I think they'd take issue, if only because the traditional funeral practice seems to be spreading dust on someone's most important objects or places. So the issue would be less 'eating other people' and more 'is that what the person wanted their remains to be used for'... or something like that idk.

• Like x 1
  20. Technicality

What if their favorite thing was food though

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice