Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

I admit this is just headcanon, but I tend to go with the belief that they aren't eating spider monsters, just regular spiders. I mean, there's at least one conversation that implies both cats and cat monsters exist, so presumably it's the same with other creatures, and spiders in the wild do eat other spiders, so it makes sense that a spider monster would enjoy eating non-monster spiders. Same with the snails. The one you talk to also seems to be wearing some kind of false mustache, so it may be something else in disguise.

Muffet's threats to eat you are just her talking tough. She wouldn't actually turn another person into pastry, but she's figured out she can get her way a lot by threatening to.

• Like x 4
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Yeah, that works too.

I've also seen the bizarre theory that 'snail pie' is made of the slime of monster snails.

That somehow turned to arguing about whether or not you could make pie from Sans's weird slime sweat.

• Like x 4
  3. THE GREAT PAPYRUS

THE GREAT PAPYRUS MASTER ARTISAN OF PUZZLES AND PASTA!

THAT'S DISGUSTING. AND HORRIBLY, TERRIBLY PLAUSIBLE.

• Like x 5
  4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

It got called the 'sniscourse'.

It just...it was utterly bizarre? It came out of nowhere and for a bit the corner of the fandom I'm in was just. Sniscourse.

5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Anyway the original reason I asked this was because I was thinking of writing an Undertale fanfiction where Frisk's food preferences tended towards 'weird monster food' and was blanking on ideas for weird monster recipes apart from 'crickets fried with various condiments'.

6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Monster food is a disaster of textures and flavors, things squashed together to resemble other things. Sure, they've got reasonable sounding things like cinnamon bunnies and ice cream and ramen, but they've also got... Water sausages carved into relevant animals. Spider cider/donuts. Gluey sequin burger patties. Tem flakes.

So get absurd, get arbitrary, get punny!

Buttered styrofoam, dog jerky made of actual (tree) bark, coffee that tastes like motor oil because it is (Tsunderplane's favorite shop anybody?)...

• Like x 4
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Probably a lot of replacements for Actual Meat involving things like mushrooms or bugs, too.

• Like x 2
  8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I was rereading the thread and someone mentioned Storyshift.

Chara's first meeting with Frisk is hilarious.

EDIT: Specifically: They prank Frisk, start the second half of their introduction...and then seem to get a crush on Frisk, because they abruptly start trying to flirt.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like x 2
  9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

So just to let everyone here know. The finale of this years Awesome Games Done Quick is going to be a true pacifist run of Undertale. There's also a donation incentive for us to have a bad time after that as well. Figured some people here might be interested in seeing how runs of Undertale go.

• Like x 1
  10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I'm thinking of writing an AU where humans who get magic also get wings.

So like. Either Frisk has magic before the game starts and is winged throughout the game, or when Alphys gives Frisk magic in the first Mettaton fight, Frisk sprouts wings.

ETA: Either way, Chara would've had wings by the time they died.
    At least one of the other fallen humans would've been winged too.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like x 3
  11. swirlingflight

/thinks of the prophecy

Angels and wingfic go nicely together. Think Chara might have taken that prophecy even more personally after growing wings?

• Like x 4
  12. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Probably! Amusingly, winged humans don't have the 'angel' connotation for monsters-it was seven winged humans who sealed them underground, after all.
    I'm also wondering whether Frisk's wings should come in with feathering based on their current situation or based on their situation at the time they'd have last moulted, if they'd had wings from birth.

Because, while they'd both have stress marks, the latter option would have worse stress marks and more baby fluff.

• Like x 3
  13. swirlingflight

If Chara feels certain that it's their job to free the monsters, but even the people with the prophecy don't immediately think "Angel" at winged humans, then that's an extra reason to be pressuring Asriel alone. The adults wouldn't see that it had to be that way, and other such distorted thinking that makes for a good?intentions/terrible-methods!Chara.

• Like x 3
  14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Yes to all the spoiler stuff.

Esp since
    the entire 'hope of humans and monsters' thing was probably just 'you are living proof that humans and monsters can get along', probably even more major in this since Chara would very obviously be a magical human. With the wings. And probably like...plant magic or making little lights or something, as well as flight magic.
    Hmm...What if Chara with the red bits on their wings glowing? So the cream bits look like feather, but the red bits look like...faintly glowing red glass or something. Actually what if both Chara and Frisk had that? Or even all the magical humans, with the glow in whatever their soul colour is?

• Like x 3
  15. Aondeug

• Like x 1
  16. Aondeug

(for the confused this is a joke about the punch card exploit and how undertale speedruns work now)

• Like x 3
  17. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

18. Aondeug

PCE, punch card exploit. How it works is that whether or not you can move is set to a value. If it is set to 0 you can move. If it is set to 1 you can't. Punchcard opens up a one frame window where your value is reset to zero. So if you time and position things right you can use the punchcard to skip through literally all the cutscenes, several boss fights, and even walking (via using it to wrong warp or fall out of bounds).

Here is Onedyne, the current method of dealing with Undyne's fight. As an example of how pce is used in the run.

• Like x 2
  19. Aondeug

This in particular is the trick referenced in the comic I linked. The wrong warp.

• Like x 1
  20. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

i'm still laughing at I DON'T NEED FRIENDS, I HAVE KNIVES! ... I'm out of knives.

also i did not know that after having watched so many lets plays of this game that i would still fucking tear up at the end of pacifist. christ

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice