Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Burgerpants

Burgerpants password is shitpost1, have fun ;)

You think central heating in a volcano is bad, you should try wearing this work uniform.

It is the sweatiest of the recesses of hell and I pray for release.

• Like x 7
  2. Okay, so just. You use the punchcard like immediately before a cutscene, for example? And that allows you to move during it? I should probably find a video, I still don't quite follow. Then again I never do exploits.

3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

This is good, the comic is linked in the description. But also sad and CW: Abuse, Medical experimentation.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    • Like x 1
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Request for handplates to be tucked behind a spoiler

eta Like, I've read Zarla's stuff enough times, I like it from time to time but boy howdy do I like the option to avoid it too.

• Like x 1
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

There, done.

• Like x 1
  6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I like the idea that the inventory is basically a very small pocket dimension in Frisk's soul. That's why they can have jugs of spider cider, dogs, Temmie Armour, frying pans, and giant steaks in there.

Scrollingdown explained it better-they're the person I got the headcanon from-but the general idea is that most humans use DT to make little pockets in the Void to put things in, and then take them out again later in, usually, the exact same state they were when put in.

The limited inventory slots are not because of a lack of space as much as a lack of tethers or anchors or whatever the term is for 'thing that lets you get the inventoried thing back'-they can't comfortably maintain more than about 8. They're probably using one for 'pile of money', so it's probably more like 10 slots or so but one's human money and one's monster money so that leaves 8 for items.

And that's why the snowman pieces and Nice Creams don't melt when Frisk is running around in Hotland.

• Like x 5
  7. swirlingflight

Thank you!

• Like x 1
  8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Scrollingdown also explained
    Chara destroying the world in the worst ending as them "inventorying the entire world". Like, unhooking all of Frisk's DT from things like 'living' and 'maintaining a SAVE file' and put it towards one enormous inventory space and inventorying the world. Then they went cross-eyed thinking about the mechanics of putting existence in the place for things that don't exist.

• Like x 2
  9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Apparently Toby Fox donated $10,000 to AGDQ to try to get them to name the fallen human Bepis.

His bid didn't win.

• Like x 13
  10. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

• Like x 3
  11. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

The batteries in electronics drain faster when they're warm or too cold, so Mettaton probably has his hotel thing at a coolish temperature so he doesn't have to recharge all the time while there.

• Like x 1
  12. swirlingflight

Grumble grumble magic doesn't have to work the same as real physical things grumble.

If we assume that they do, yeah, that v makes sense. And it adds an interesting level of reason why he hasn't unveiled his alt mode yet; boxbot can wheel and fly around perpetually with his power source, but MTT Ex drains through them quickly even in the presumably air-controlled fight room.

• Like x 1
  13. Toby fox just. Donated 10,000 dollars. For a joke?

Fuck you, Toby.

14. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Well, he got lots of money from Undertale and it is for a charity anyway.

15. swirlingflight

If Undertale had been made and released a few years ago, I wonder if he would have paid 10k for a fantroll named Bepiss

eta with a small white dog for a lusus :D

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Like x 7
  16. I wonder what it feels like to have $10,000 to donate to charity.

I also wonder what it feels like to have $100 to donate to charity. :/

17. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Yeah, I get that feeling of frustration a lot. So much of the world just needs money, and there's so little we actually have access to.

But it's nice to hear that at least some of the people who do have money are doing some good with it instead of just being assholes- a good deed and a bad joke, what's not to love there? :D

• Like x 9
  18. I feel like he's mocking... someone. Maybe not me specifically. The charity? AGDQ? Not sure.

19. swirlingflight

Huh. I hadn't gotten that feeling, which may be why it didn't occur to me to be annoyed about it. Do you know if the amount of the donation (callback to fantrolls) or the name Bepis (callback to... bepis, idek how to summarize that joke) is a factor in seeing it as mockery?

Eta donation not domain

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Like x 2
  20. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i honestly don't think it matters whether he's mocking anyone or anything, as long as the charity ends up with the money in the end.

like, it would be a jerk move if he rescinded the $10,000 once he lost the bidding war, that would be bad, but he didn't do that, far as i know.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice