Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Please tell me they roleplayed as part of their relationship, especially if they roleplayed as each other :D

• Like x 3
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

where you are from moana gives me undertale feels, even though (or 'cause of how) the tribe's feelings towards their island in it are pretty much the opposite of how the monsters feel about the underground. and it feels silly but yeah...

• Like x 1
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I don't know if they roleplayed as each other-that chapter was about them getting together via an anime marathon.

ETA: They very probably did, though.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Like x 3
  4. swirlingflight

• Like x 13
  5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

For some reason the faces in that last panel are hilarious.

• Like x 4
  6. swirlingflight

they are and that's why i love it
    the top one going "uhhh" and the bottom one going "oh my god that was perfect i'm dying"

• Like x 7
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

There's also the absurdity of Frisk with a gun.

ETA: A gun with actual bullets that they appear to be willing to actually use.

• Like x 9
  8. swirlingflight

It does seem unlikely that Frisk just exclaimed CLICK before the rest of the speech bubble.

• Like x 4
  9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Hah, that's such a weird sentence. Can it go in OOCQ?

10. swirlingflight

11. unknownanonymous

this is hilarious

and on a barely related note, i've been archive bingeing on papyrus-knows and thepapchatters on tumblr, which obviously contain lots of papyrus content. and they involve the theory that papyrus remembers resets, which is really fascinating.

• Like x 2
  12. unknownanonymous

fun with the super edgy undertale theory generator:
    "Chara was hired to kill Frisk"
    "Alphys is a scientist"
    "Mad Dummy came from a different timeline" (maybe that explains why his attacks are so weird???)
    "Papyrus is actually a human"
    "Jerry knows Sans"
    "Frisk killed other humans"
    "Temmie came from a different timeline"
    "Frisk is a save point"
    "Flowey controls time and space"
    "Muffet made the Gasterblasters" (then they'd be the muffetblasters)
    "Jerry is controlled by Flowey"
    "Gaster is evil"
    "Mad Dummy is related to Gaster"
    "Toby Fox is a save point"
    "Jerry is secretly the Riverperson"
    "Mad Dummy"

• Like x 4
  13. swirlingflight

"Mad Dummy"

just... "Mad Dummy." Truly the edgiest of theories. :p

• Like x 6
  14. unknownanonymous

they do like their knives :P

• Like x 1
  15. swirlingflight

Hehehe

• Like x 1
  16. swirlingflight

The other day I was watching the Flowey fight, and we interact with each of the souls (calling for help) in the same order that we encounter the dropped items. So now I'm more convinced of the idea that they met their ends in that order. Still not sure they died in those places, with the first stuff being in the ruins, but maybe close to it.

• Like x 2
  17. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Incidentally, I've seen two theories on the Flowey fight: either Chara had narrated for the Six Souls and saved them the same way Frisk later saved the Lost Souls (and that's why they told Frisk they might be able to save the Lost Souls), or Frisk woke them up/saved them by calling for help and that was like a 'tutorial' for them for the Lost Souls fights.

• Like x 5
  18. swirlingflight

Ooooh. And we have to do the Flowey fight at least once, the true lab doesn't happen until after there's at least one fight with him in the save file. So yeah, tutorial for lost souls. Survive long enough to call for help and weaken his powerbase.

• Like x 1
  19. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

And then it's either Chara doing a Lost Soul battle with each of the Six Souls, or the Six Souls being much easier to remind than the Lost Souls...or maybe the Six just have to become aware that they're hurting a kid, while the Lost have to remember to stop hitting Frisk.

• Like x 5
  20. swirlingflight

Speaking of neutral run final battle as a tutorial for other end game stuff, a thought at work:

When Flowey gets the souls in neutral, his effective Determination is stronger than ours, and he gains control of the anomaly, the ability to use and load the Save Files.

Because he's a miserable lonely shit, he uses that to trap us in a world of his control, denying us access to the underground, directing our only load option to his fight where he'll kill us over and over.

At the end of a genocide run, we kill Flowey. Multiple overkill strikes. The world goes back, like it did when our determination was overshadowed by neutral!Flowey's. We talk with Chara.

Chara tells us that it's been our determination this whole time, in pursuit of destroying the world. That it was us who eradicated the enemy. And then Chara offers us two choices: to choose to finish the job, or to choose to deny Chara after spending the whole save file in that direction.

If you quit the game from Flowey's world, you load back into it.

If you quit the game from Chara before answering their choice, you load back to your save file, likely the one in the Judgement hallway.

Chara has no power over the world until we give it to them by answering the question, and maybe not even then. They have the power to influence our flavor text. Present us with limited choices. But they can't actually erase or change our save file.

But after Flowey's world, it's easy to think that they do.

• Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice