Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

yeah pretty much

also: asriel translates roughly to Chief Of Those Who Are Like Gods, and Asgore translates roughly to Like A Triangle

• Like x 6
  2. That's odd, considering he seems like such a square.

(also that's fucking terrible)

• Like x 3
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

a triangle is the strongest shape.

also: gore is a verb meaning 'to impale with horns'

• Like x 3
  4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

on the topic of asriel's name, as well as being an anagram of serial murderer, it's pronounced 'a surreal dreamer'
    which is what he is when he's being a god

ETA: and on top of that it's a homophone of the name of the angel of death
    remember the angel prophecy, which asriel came close enough to fulfilling both ways that someone who saw it in a vision wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    • Like x 8
  5. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

I don't have much to contribute to the current conversation, but I just wanted to express that I think Mettaton and Muffett would make a fantastic power couple, and I want to see them co-host "Cooking With a Killer Robot Smile" and make mad bank.

• Like x 7
  6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

crossposted from discord:
    "

Wingheart-Today at 4:09 PM

every time i see the 'behold-an-art' channel i think "behold! a snow poff!"

Nick-Today at 4:11 PM
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing

Wingheart-Today at 4:11 PM
    it's amusing
    every time i go on discord i think of that art with narrachara being hilariously upset about frisk checking every snow poff
    and also a thing i read where frisk made a whole lot of snow poffs and hid things in every snow poff
    and then checked them all with chara

jae grey-Today at 4:13 PM
    i love charrator content

Wingheart-Today at 4:15 PM
    charrator is great
    incidentally: if frisk is an amalgamate of frisk and charrator, then by the established rules of amalgamates they're likely to be immune or resistant to physical violence-all the amalgamate enemies are immune to physical attacks, after all!
    of course the downside to reading that thing in the same way as behold! a snow poff!
    is that charrator is angry in that scene-they're impatient and you keep checking snow poffs, so they keep on getting more and more hilariously, snarkily angry

jae grey-Today at 4:20 PM

it's a fucking snow poff you fuck are you HAPPY,"

EDIT: formatting

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    • Like x 7
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i just saw art of the aftermath of a tusked sans and a fanged toriel kissing
    namely: they got stuck
    link
    also fun fact when i was trying to copy the link i messed up and nothing happened so when i went to paste it in i instead accidentally pasted in my entire school bio assessment

• Like x 9
  8. Goats don't have sharp teeth and sans doesn't have tusks, for crying out loud, people. But that does sound funny.

• Like x 1
  9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

toriel's sprite has fangs/tusks of some sort!

10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The boss monsters aren't purely goats. They're like goat + lion hybrids (that can shoot fire). Toriel, Asgore, and Spoilerface all have paws rather than hooves, visible enough fangs to show in their talking battle sprites, and Asgore's even got a mane.

• Like x 7
  11. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

I find it really appropriate that Papyrus's name shortens to pap, considering
    two of the hardest-to-fight monsters in the underground go completely off the rails if he's killed (although it takes a lot more for Sans to fight you), and because he tries like hell to pacify the human into stopping their killing spree.

Papyrus, the underground's biggest pale stud.

• Like x 10
  12. THE GREAT PAPYRUS

THE GREAT PAPYRUS MASTER ARTISAN OF PUZZLES AND PASTA!

[distant NYEH HEH HEHing]

• Like x 8
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

on the topic of relationships i headcanon that postgame, what with the fallen humans seeming to rez and all, the undertale cast becomes Adoption Kudzu.
    combine that with Quadrant Kudzu (things like frisk<3<flowey and papyrus<>lots of people) and that's a really good setup for family tree jokes
    like...frisk in a class is asked to draw a family tree
    it takes up 2 a3s has a colour key and involves such relationships as "raised from the dead by accident" and "used to be married" and "sometimes bodyshares with".

• Like x 8
  14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

fun fact: an undine is an actual mythical being. they're water nymphs who are associated with waterfalls, do not have human souls, and become undying if they gain true love.

• Like x 10
  15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Wingheart-Today at 6:17 PM
    also someone else pointed out that frisking a thing can mean stealing it...and frisk has a tendency to become, quote, "a walking katamari of other people's items"
    that was actually a thing in one underfell interpretation i saw: everyone's worst qualities are amplified except chara's and flowey's

jae grey-Today at 6:18 PM
    oh huh

Wingheart-Today at 6:18 PM
    result: kleptomaniac frisk. they're not being given the money for sparing monsters, they're pickpocketing it

jae grey-Today at 6:18 PM
    that's a creative underfell interpretation

Wingheart-Today at 6:19 PM
    they take 1 entire candy bowl at the sign
    since they're not fighting with flowey for control of the timeline, but instead having flowey outright help them with it, they have way more inventory space...resulting in them doing things like stealing a bundle of 50 brooms, a gnome statue, entire trays of cinnamon bunnies...

jae grey-Today at 6:20 PM
    that's me in skyrim

Wingheart-Today at 6:20 PM
    also they once inventoried so much stuff their soul exploded.
    they put so much stuff into their pocket soul dimension they popped it and died
    they consider it the most embarrassing reload they've done
    scrollingdown: "and thus the world's most stupid for having to RESET was found"

“Get rid of the brooms.”
    “…What if I have to make a fire and need wood or something?”
    “You are in Hotland.”

"they probably have double-digit numbers of socks"
    scrollingdown's underfell ramblings are great
    but yeah. master thief kleptomanic Frisk.
    they are the RPG tendency to strip a room of anything possibly valuable right before an NPC's eyes embodied

jae grey-Today at 6:28 PM
    god yes

Wingheart-Today at 6:28 PM
    like, even in canon, frisk has a bit of that.
    they'll take any money they find...even if they found it in someone's couch. they'll happily take things from alphys's fridge. they'll pick up random junk and wear it. they'll fill their pockets with candy even when the sign says take one. they'll even take stuff out of the trash!

Keleviel-Today at 6:30 PM
    "they'll pick up random junk and wear it." "they'll even take stuff out of the trash!"
    That's stuff normal frisk does

Wingheart-Today at 6:30 PM
    yeah i was talking about canon frisk there

"even in canon, frisk has a bit of that." [list of things canon frisk does]

Keleviel-Today at 6:31 PM
    ...Oh
    Right
    Sorry

Wingheart-Today at 6:31 PM
    it's OK
    but yeah...underfell frisk doesn't just take 3 extra candies; they take the whole bowl
    they don't just grab any money they find; they actively raid people's wallets and so on
    stuff like that

• Like x 6
  16. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

so if undyne had asked out alphys before fighting the human, she would've became completely immune to death :P

• Like x 8
  17. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

A rare case of a character's lesbianism actually preventing them from getting killed off.

• Like x 11
  18. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

....oh my god...
    Is THAT why Undyne becomes undying?
    cause she loves the people she is sworn to protect so much?

• Like x 10
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

She feels their hopes and dreams together as one :3

• Like x 7
  20. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

headcanon: sans deliberately put ketchup [bottles or packets] inside himself in an attempt to make his death seem more human-like when the human killed him, in the hope that it would make the human rethink their actions.

• Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice