Vampires, and lykens its time to play! (Open Rp) guide

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Victoria Rose, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Victoria Rose

Victoria Rose Role-Player: Assassin/ warrior/ vampire

I have to say I have a weird mind set and for one and I am sweet and friendly but all in all this character I am playing is my way of letting the things in my head fly free and well I have a twisted side not that I myself am this way in real life. I have splits in my head and this is the safest way and most exceptable way for me to let them out. for the most part anyway.

2. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Dude, it's fine, we're ALL in character.

• Like x 2
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yeah but it's still creepy. So my character is creeped out by it and responds appropriately. It's fine to play a character who's twisted - just look at @jacktrash and Jack Saturday! But you can't expect people to act like that twistedness is all fine and dandy because they've also got nice interior decorating and think they're doing it to the right people. Because EVERYONE thinks that the people they're hurting are the right people to hurt.

• Like x 2
  4. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Cyprian isn't lying about not wanting to hurt anyone. He's going to be conflicted as hell when the fighting starts, and I'm not sure what he'll do. He's really trusting, though, so he'll listen to what they have to say at least.

• Like x 1
  5. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

There are precious few at ease with moral ambiguities but they sure are fun to play with

• Like x 2
  6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I will move this conversation here then!

Don't you think it will get confusing having the OOC posts for two different RPs both in this thread?

• Like x 1
  7. Victoria Rose

ok just checking. I did work all night and have yet to sleep by the way and my night was not easy.

8. KarrinBlue

In that case, why'd you post it so early? There's no reason to not wait until your post is complete, especially if you'd had a rough night. It's not like we have a deadline here.

• Like x 1
  9. Victoria Rose

(RPG. ) not really as long as it is stated as to which one you are talking about

10. blue

Also, I'm just wondering, are you aware that Hansel and Gretel is a German fairytale that might have originated in the 1300s, while Dracula was published in 1897? That's a pretty big span of time - when in it is your RP set? I'm curious.

• Like x 3
  11. Victoria Rose

I only have a limited time to set it up i am tired and have yet to sleep from working all night and have the use of a computer rather then my phone.

12. Victoria Rose

Reference to the movies man, the latest movies.

13. KarrinBlue

If you've got such a time crunch and are so tired at the end of the day, then maybe it'd be better to delay the RP until you think you'll have more spoons regularly? GMing is pretty intensive!

14. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I think it's less the time period and more the aesthetic

15. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Which not everyone has seen.

Edit: Also, there is no time crunch! GMing takes TIME. I'm currently building a Pathfinder campaign that I probably won't be able to launch until like, November and it's a published campaign where more than 3/4 of the work is already done for me by professional RPG writers.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    • Like x 2
  16. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

I think it's a great idea to pause and catch up on sleep, then take the time to come up with all the ideas you have, put them down in a way you're happy with, and then publish when you're good and ready in a guide/planning/OOC thread. Then, it would be totally okay for people to ask questions and be OOC until everyone is 100% clear on what this is and what is expected of them. There's no rush at all-- take the time to make a game pitch that you're happy with.

• Like x 1
  17. blue

Ah, I see. I haven't seen the movies, but if I remember what I read correctly they were full of deliberate anachronisms, so a time period mashup does make sense.

18. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

i assure you, we all understand the concept of 'the player is not the same as the character'. no one is going to get mad at you for the crimes of your fictional vampire. but our characters will be mad at your character for things that offend them. that's how role playing works. and again, please take the time to proofread your posts.

dude, literally no one here wants you to be trying to run a game when you don't have the time or energy or mental resources to actually do it well. please stop rushing around trying to manage everything and making really incomprehensible decisions, and get some sleep.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    • Like x 2
  19. KarrinBlue

What is going on here? Seriously I am deeply confused. You're asking people whether they want to be players, whether they want to do NOTHING AT ALL, or whether they want to be Peasant 32 that the real adventurers meet once in a tavern. And again this gives you no way of telling who in particular is actually INTERESTED. Furthermore, your setting is contradictory, and you've already started out by saying that you're going to have a GMPC that's the main character, which - having a GMPC that's fun is hard to do, and having them explicitly be THE main character is even harder.

This is gonna sound mean but: Do you have ANY idea what you're doing, at all?

• Like x 1
  20. Victoria Rose

I realize not everyone has that's fine I can clarify on that it is just easier for me and those who have to refer to those movies. European style olden days type town.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice