Vanilla Minecraft! The Raven's Roost Server

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by NevermorePoe, Aug 30, 2016.

?

Would you like to start over on 1.12.2, or keep playing on 1.11?

1. Start Over!

2. Keep Playing on 1.11!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I noticed all the signs broke, I might be able to do server magic with logblock to fix them, but I haven't really tried. Thanks for letting me know about the command blocks, I'll have to fix those.

• Like x 1
  2. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Np!

Man, I forgot home much I liked my houses on this server....

• Like x 1
  3. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Hey, is this going to be updated to 1.12 soon?

4. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

The server is now operating on 1.12!

5. Technicality

Neat! I'll be on shortly!

6. Technicality

Oh, also, while trying to warp to "creative" it tells me it's an invalid world

7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

The plugins for the server haven't been updated in a while, its possible that that plugin has broken. I haven't tested them out in a while.

8. Technicality

Fair. That sounds like a Multiverse issue so you may want to check that out. (Assuming it's Multiverse, which is the most used plugin of that type.)

9. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

it is multiverse, I expect a fair few plugins I use on there to be broken.

10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Is anyone still playing on here? I could try and set this up to run as a low impact modded server for people to play on, if anyone is interested.

11. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i check on every once in a while but its so hard to find time when school is in session otl.......and i super want to kill the ender dragon at some point and get some cool end farms going

12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

So, the company that i rent the server from has offered a black friday sale, 75% off servers, for the entire period the server is active. I am taking advantage of this to upgrade the server, I'll be getting 3x more power for 1/2 the price. They should move the files from the old server to the new one at some point today or tomorrow, and once the current billing period ends i'll be cancelling the old server. I'll make sure everything is pointing to the new server once it's all set up so nothing should change on your end, only posting this in case something goes oops somehow. I'm also backing everything up to my computer, if it breaks and i can't fix it, or have it fixed, i'll upload the world files on here so that everyone can keep working on their stuff.

• Winner x 1
  13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

So, I have good news and bad news. The good news is the server is running! The bad news is that anything within 10-16 chunks of spawn was corrupted, and regenerated. This means a lot of people lost their builds, though some survived outside of that.

I'm going to add a poll to the first post, do people want to start over, or, would people rather I keep trying to save the world? The issue appears to be that the server is going to be running on 1.12.2, so I'm not sure if it can be saved if we want to play on the latest version of minecraft.

14. rats

aaaa oh no!!! i'll have to log on and check to see if my base is still there :"V but i'd be open to a restart if others are

15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

nothing has been pointed to the new server yet, so it should still be there. I want to make sure the new server is stable before sending people onto it.

• Informative x 1
  16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Well, looks like i forgot to say that the new server has been setup mostly for a while now, though i did forget to whitelist it, so the spawn got griefed at some point.
    The world file has been reset, and i'll build a little house at the spawn point for people to chill in if they log in during night.

Ip will be: RavensRoost.mcserver.ws
    Note: I might need a pm with your username again, sorry for the inconvenience.

[Edit:] I believe i've added all the names from my pm's, i'll be going through the thread and adding any in there now.

[Edit II the return of the Editor:] Added all the names I could from the thread, a few didn't work though.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Informative x 2
  17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

And the server is up! I just need to do a couple config things, but I have to head to work. If anyone wants to pop in, it should be up and ready for players!

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

alright, I think the new spawn town is going to be some floating islands i'm making... I'm going to add a button at spawn that allows people to set themselves to creative, and one to unset it as well, though that might not be for a bit until after i've built the spawn. If anyone wants to add some other islands, an airship, parkour etc, feel free to do so.

19. rats

aaaa im so bummed im headed out of town tmrw, when i get back im gonna hop on so dang fast :D

• Like x 1
  20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

buttons are in! They require some parkour to get to, it should be fairly evident where they are when you spawn in.
    (Hint: Post office)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice