Vanilla Minecraft! The Raven's Roost Server

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by NevermorePoe, Aug 30, 2016.

?

Would you like to start over on 1.12.2, or keep playing on 1.11?

1. Start Over!

2. Keep Playing on 1.11!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

thanks so much! ahh, i'm so excited :D

2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I was at work on mobile, so i couldn't add the address to the op post, but its there now!

3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Minecraft fugue :')

• Like x 1
  4. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to let us see the seed so we could use programs like mineatlas?

• Like x 1
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

• Like x 2
  6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Could you whitelist me too? I'm something_blue (I have a theme, can u tell.) thanks!

7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Added! Check out the lakehouse to find some useful starting supplies, and a banner making station upstairs!

8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

There is now a public farm, most of it is unplanted but there is a field each of wheat, potatoes and carrots. Please replant what you take.

• Like x 2
  9. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@QuotableRaven I've been building a bridge across the river with the intention of making a road that will connect my house with the spawn area - any preferences for where it should go/where it should definitely not go? I was thinking of running it along the east side of the temple and then between the temple and the lake house, but I don't want to mess anything up or put it somewhere inconvenient!

10. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Hi, I'd like to join! My IGN is REDACTED. :>

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

That works fine! I have signs where I'm planning on putting things.

Added!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Like x 2
  12. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

2016-09-01_17.43.44.png I found a floating mountain!

• Like x 5
  13. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

So, while I was playing I did experience some lag. It wasn't horrendous but it was definitely noticeable.

Also, do we have anything like grief prevention? Or is it just a trust exercise? :D

14. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Mostly a trust excersize+everyone has to be whitelisted to get on.

15. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

1) i checked out the farm and was very impressed. unfortunately, something about the area makes me clip through blocks, fall into the inside area, or freeze. zombies attacked me while i was trying to harvest/replant in between glitching and i kind of mauled the area trying to get unstuck, then i bailed before anything could get worse. sorry! you might need creative mode to fix whatever the heck happened.

2) also looks like i still have the ink from the banner station. it's now in the wizard tower chest, as is some spare armor. i'll bring it back tomorrow if no one gets it in the meantime. sorry again.

3) can i please have more clay, it takes a lot to make colored blocks and i want to do some inlay designs and i don't know where to get more of it myself.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  16. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Is there any protocol for claiming a space for building? Or even a guide to where's been claimed? Next time I get on I probably wanna find a place to start setting up but I don't want to step on toes.

Also, has anyone made a nether portal yet and if not are there any preferences for where to stick one? I don't actually know what structure I wanna build yet but I figure I can collect materials while I figure it out. Also maybe hell aesthetic farmhouse would be fun. Who knows.

I also have notions of looking at what sort of automated farming I could do in vanilla and maybe trying to set that up.

17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I
    was planning on putting a nether portal under the temple. As for claiming building space, the only real rule is "not right next to spawn."

I'll get you some clay next time I'm on, what colors do you want?

• Like x 1
  18. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i cleared a little peninsula behind spawn, i'm making a manor house/inn for people to stay in. it is REALLY close to spawn but since the intention is for it to be a public building i hope that's ok?

• Like x 1
  19. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

undyed plain clay is fine, dying it myself is fun! thanks!

20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Yea, i was gonna make a hotel anyways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice