Vanilla Minecraft! The Raven's Roost Server

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by NevermorePoe, Aug 30, 2016.

?

Would you like to start over on 1.12.2, or keep playing on 1.11?

1. Start Over!

2. Keep Playing on 1.11!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Done!

2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Server is going to be going up and down for a bit while i mess with a couple things.

3. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Inquisitive players may find some interesting items behind the preachers platform in the temple...

You don't need to break anything to find it btw.
    namely, an enchanting table. There is something else there, but you'll have to look to find the very special loot... Also, not replacing anything in the crypt, please be nice and leave stuff for your fellow players.

Please leave a note here when its found.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  4. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Built a subway at spawn! Didn't make any tracks, Its dig your own rail, unfortunately. I might be persuaded to add tracks afterwards though.

• Like x 3
  5. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

so, it's my intention to build my base by that village (renovating villages is one of my favorite things in mc :DDD). but it is fairly far from spawn (about a day and a half of straight walking, i think?) and i keep dying like an idiot en route. SO i'm trying to build lil waypoint houses along the way to make the trip easier. so if you find a little pink-and-white striped house out in the middle of nowhere, it's one of those (one of them has a sign and is fully provisioned with a garden and a cow/pig pen, the other i died in the middle of building bc i did a stupid so it lacks the sign (hence this post, to let you know it is public) or food, but there is a house to hide in for the night at least. i'm gonna try to find it again to finish it).

astrowaypoint.png
    the other one lacks the windows and torches and has a stone roof, but it's basically the same design. it also has a bigass cobble spire on top with a bunch of torches, as an attempt at having something one can see at a distance to navigate by

UPDATE: I GOT MY DIRECTIONALLY CHALLENGED ASS BACK TO THE VILLAGE :DDD

also i left a torch breadcrumb trail through the wilderness to try to help find it again. if you walk such that your compass points straight "down" (i have no idea how pointing to global spawn maps to the cardinal directions) and follow the torches you should find the waypoints, and from the one i screenshotted the village.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    • Like x 4
  6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Okay, went for a fun filled, gentle nether trip, and found a nether fortress, with netherwart. There's a small garden of it outside my house, feel free to take some if you need it, you can take the subway to my house. I also found a blaze spawner. I'll need help to make that into a grinder, but once thats done we have a blaze powder source for potions.

• Like x 2
  7. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm the person who requested the pub, and I made a mockup on a singleplayer game, but it's not very fancy. Image spam under cut, feel free to give suggestions.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  8. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I started the pub project because I finished my subway and was still in creative, but then I remembered I had a therapy appointment. I'll be back later but if anyone else wants to do it feel free

9. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

can you please whitelist KaTronSensei and grimsqueaks?

10. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Someone stop me from naming this pub The Golden Crack

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like x 1
  11. KaTron

KaTron Problamatic Megastar

Add gold to it if you name it the Golden Crack lol

• Like x 1
  12. KaTron

So... Wil you guys consider adding plugins to the server? Some plugins can be very useful!

One plugin lets people claim land via blocks theey earn via time spent on the server! Claiming helps people protect their houses and their chests from other people, but you can still /trust people on your land. :) Totally recommended.

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/griefprevention.1884/

I think that is a plugin a lot of servers use actually.

EDIT:

SUGGESTION: We add a COW to the pub.. and like serve MILK and COOKIES. Cookies are so cheap and easy to make.

I also have some builds I wanna do... Personally... >> I have this church I like to call Church of Cookie and it has a giant cookie farm. Its motto is 1 Coco + 2 Wheat = Love <3

13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Done!

But, Why would i want to?

The main reason we only have one plugin on the server is because we're running on 1.10.2, which means we're running the latest version of bukkit. People just, haven't made most of the plugins we need. I'm not too concerned about griefing, given that all the players have to be whitelisted from kintsugi.

• Like x 1
  14. KaTron

Can you find a way to let players at least TP to cords though? It would make gettting around a lot easier... Especially if someone builds their home far away from spawn by thousands of blocks. Or like.. getting to other peoples houses within a second.

15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I'm really waiting for the next stable release of Sponge before I start adding anything much. I tried to get a warp/tp plugin working earlier, and because we're running 1.10.2, it just doesn't work, At least, not without giving everyone op.

[Edit:] I'm willing to make teleports using command blocks to people's houses. We also have a subway, and i'm willing to give people creative to make rail lines to their houses.

16. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

so i finally built my house a netherportal, and i think i figured out my sleeping issue - my bed was on leaves so i think mc decided that didnt count as a bed. anyways, if you go directly out of the door across from the nether hub at spawn there is a tunnel, follow it and you get to my basement! it is very unfinished right now BUT the main reason that i bring this up. . . is because i made a skelly item/XP grinder! im working on building a reliable entrance to it that's easier to find but if anyone needs bonemeal, bows, or arrows just hmu

• Like x 1
  17. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

hello darkness my old friend

2016-09-06_18.48.20.png

18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

well as long as I have permission

19. KaTron

Aaah okay! Theres also a plugin that lets people set homes too.. I forgot the name of it sorry. D: I know a LOT of servers use that plugin along with grief prevention as a combo.

I'll probably wait around till tping is set in... I'm the type that likes to build far away from people as a homebase then go bug people... which without tping is rather hard/inconvenient.

I like how people are getting along with the server. I entered spawn for a few minutes before leaving and it seemed rather nice.

• Like x 1
  20. blue

blue hightown funk you up

whoa, can you show a list of sounds? that sounds helpful.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice