vent thread drama llama

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by jacktrash, Oct 23, 2016.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

this is the second time some dingus has found a thread where someone is venting about their interaction with a person and gone tattling to the subject of the venting, stirring up drama and making everyone upset. i feel like as a mod i should do something about this but there isn't really anything i can do. it's really pissing me off bc it's such transparently selfish behavior but the people who do this think they're heroes. i quite honestly want to give them a swat on the butt and make them sit in the corner. bad babies. bad.

ugh, i don't want kintsugi to get a reputation as the place where people complain about you. vent threads are a very small part of the forum. and yeah, we've reminded folks since the beginning that posting here is not private and that people can see it, that 'private' sections of the forum just can't be seen by indexing spiders and won't show up on google searches. but still.

there's a difference between "this is not a safe space, any more than any public discussion area is" and "this space is watched by vultures who will grab your laundry and drop it in the laps of the people on tumblr most likely to be offended by it."

• Like x 11
  2. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Witnessed. Being a mod is tough, and it's even tougher when there's a problem you can't really realistically do anything about, like the current anonymous nitwit.

• Like x 8
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i don't know if it's the same person as last time, i have no clue who knows who on tumblr. probably not, though. and trying to guess would set everyone on a paranoid scavenger hut. so all i can do is sit here and shake my head and go "stahp".

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice