Videogames!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by wixbloom, Apr 26, 2015.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I have fallen in the fire emblem: awakening pitfall and I can't get out

2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I think I am learning how to get most of the skips in Legacy of Darkness down. At least in terms of how I need to set them up and do them. Doing that consistently and while making a good pace through the game? Now that is the real challenge here. I haven't gotten bored of this yet though so that is nice. Castlevania 64 and it's more complete gaiden/sequel are very pick up and play though so that makes sense. No having to skip cutscene triggers here because lo and behold you can skip all cut scenes. Good on you, Konami.

Also started up a new file in Dark Souls 2. Today's flavor of the week is a Handmaid build. She will be part of my slowly building Dark Souls 2stuck world. Currently the way it works is that she was someone's kid and while they may or may not have been from Volgen they eventually ended up living there. Due to trouble and Scratch's mysterious dickishness though she ended up being sold off to him as a maid/slave and dragged off to Melfia. Because he is Professor Scratch, you see. A well respected man in Melfia and a teacher and one of its finest establishments.

She is something of a natural pyromancy virtuoso, a fact Scratch utilized to his own designs of course. Kept people looking down on his stupid maid and also made the stupid maid very dangerous. The stupid maid was also taught hexes and various unsavory pyromancies because god dammit people need to die sometimes. She also has a liking for throwing knives, many of which are poisoned, and tends to fight with two weapons in hand. A scimitar and then some other weapon, usually a small sword.

BUT THEN SHE DIED. AND THEN WE LEARNED SHE WAS UNDEAD AND SCRATCH WAS LIKE GOD DAMMIT. Now my hellmaid is going to go insane and eat people and I need to get rid of her. And so she is sent on a quest to Drangleic to find the supposed mysterious sorcery research of that once great land. By which he means "Go, Girl. Get out of here and go insane far, far away from me and my reputation."

There is further drama involving the Lalondes, a family native to Melfia, the Serkets of Mirrah and the pyromancer Maryam-Vantases who were brought into Melfia by the good graces of Professor Scratch. He is a most gracious host and also Kanaya's dad because that is a detail that no one ever fucking plays with with the comic and by god I WILL.

And in the end we learn that everyone is sad and gay/bi.

• Like x 1
  3. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

So I am trapped in an endless cycle of playing 700 years of one dynasty that never gets above duke except by accident in Crusader Kings 2. I really enjoy this game because it's basically about watching the hilarious stuff the AI is doing as much as it is about micromanaging my family holdings. You can be playing around in India trading between Muslim and Hindu conversion and trying to get a decent merchant republic up and running to dominate trade in the Indian Ocean and take a look over at Europe and find out that somehow the Pope has taken over the Holy Roman Empire's territory after the Cathar uprisings and the Viking conquest of Rome, the Shia have overthrown (and converted) the Umayyads and are aggressively expanding into the African coast and Mali, and the Tengri have united under one organized religion to conquer Byzantium just in time for the Golden Horde to show up in their back yard. It's gloriously chaotic and sometimes you just have to pause the game and go through a hundred different character profiles trying to figure out what happened.

• Like x 2
  4. Aondeug

I really need to play more of that game at some point because it is hilarious. Hard to play I think because it is a lot of things to learn, but wow it's hilarious. Also why wouldn't I want to play a game where Ireland can put England in its place?

5. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

i had to take a break from doing much other than farting around on websites because i've had an ear infection and have been incredibly out of it, but today i hunkered down and finished a goal i was aiming for in FF14..

..to get my chocobo a little snowsuit before hitting the new snowy-themed-expansion zones. which meant i had to level leatherworking up to level 35.

[​IMG]

worth it though. he's precious and very cozy.

• Like x 3
  6. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

awww! Now I have to level my leatherworking dammit.

I am also a giant dork and got my character clothes to sleep in because I felt bad for making her go to bed in armor. (I always put her to bed in an inn if I can). I really want the complete nightgown etc. set but that's millions so not yet.

• Like x 1
  7. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I freaking love Terraria. All I'm saying is if you don't own it, get it right now.
    It's sad but I've put 687 hours into it at the moment.

• Like x 2
  8. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

Generally speaking for learning the basics I would recommend Ireland in the post 1000 start dates, it's commonly called "tutorial island" due to relative isolation, and should let you get the hang of most of the basic mechanics (forging claims and dynastic manipulation to get heirs on thrones). Earlier than that is less so, as that's during the Viking Age and the Vikings love their coastal conquest ability and raiding, and Ireland takes a while to get their levies to the point where the Viking's can't sack and burn whole holdings at will.

9. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I've recently resubbed to FFXIV and am levelling up PLD but want to give DRK a try at some point as well. I missed being my lil Lala. ;_;

• Like x 1
  10. Technicality

I don't have my computer at camp so I've fallen into the Pitfall Trap that is Animal crossing new leaf on the 3DS. I have gotten so addicted now it's not even funny

11. Technicality

I was playing animal crossing new leaf with a friend and his Wi-Fi crashed, and I got jumpscared by Resetti. Since it's like 10 at night and its dark it was even more scary :( oh well

12. Morven

And I spent all my FF14 playtime yesterday grinding out the tokens for swimsuits in the summer event, because completist dammit.

And who knows, she may want to go to the beach. At night. She's paler than snow, I swear; less than completely covered in sunshine sounds dangerous.

One of my FC-mates admitted that she used to tank dungeons wearing a bikini only (via glamors and the ability to glamor other articles of clothing as invisible) purely to get horny dudes to give her dungeon commendations. Don't think I'm going to do that myself!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  13. Technicality

I would love to have a Terraria server for Kintsugi. Maybe I'll set that up if anyone is interested.

14. Morven

Silver Swimsuit.jpg
    Lounging on a rock outside my Free Company's house, no doubt covered in sunscreen so Anhelia doesn't turn beet red. Silver swimsuit just acquired and it looks very good on her. (Final Fantasy 14)

15. Aniseed

I only stuck around the event long enough to grab a yukata and a red bikini set, but I should head back over there and get whatever swimsuits are dyeable.

16. Morven

Both long swimsuit tops like the one Anhelia is wearing are dyeable; there's the solid color one which dyes all over, while the stripy one has an undyeable white base but the stripes can be dyed. There's a dyeable swimsuit bottom too (she's wearing it, but I wasn't interested in flashing the world with it). I can't remember if anything else can be dyed.

17. Morven

I'm feeling a bit guilty for sperg-babbling about my MMO obsessions. Would people be happier if I created a separate thread or is it fine?

My "is everyone annoyed with me?" paranoia is coming on pretty heavy tonight.

18. Aondeug

I'm not annoyed with it, though I can't really comment much on that. But then I have just rambled about my speedrunning or Dark Souls without anyone commenting on it too so...things???

19. Aniseed

Hey if you want to make a separate MMO thread or whatever i'll definitely pop in and sperg babble with u, and post screenies

20. Aondeug

This just in: I learned that the golf swing in Dark Souls 2 was nerfed. I have never been so sad. Not even when they took away my ability to nuke everything in the game with lightning.

what do i do now

what is life

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice