VINES TRIED TO EAT MY DICK (The MacElroys Play D&D)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by The Frood Abides, Sep 25, 2016.

1. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

Immediately upon hearing the Ring of the Grammarian description I went to the 5e Cleric spell list to figure out what kind of shenanigans Merle can pull.
    Off the Nature domain already, I'm seeing spire growth, plane growth, wine wall (!), dominate feast, grasping wine, insert plague (!!), tree strike. This is going to be SO broken and SO hilarious assuming Clint ever remembers he's got it.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK TAAKO. I did not think Griffin would allow that, but I guess it was just too clever.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I'm starting to be very worried about Garfield and Magnus x3 Stop taking parts of his body, yo.

• Agree x 1
  3. AbsenteeLandlady123

TAAKO OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING GENIUS

4. The Frood Abides

AND HE CARRIES IT AROUND LIKE A FUCKING TROPHY EVEN THOUGH HE CAN'T MELEE FOR SHIT

that was pretty much the only way that could have ended. I'm not sure if they'll just carry it around as a joke weapon or if he's gonna hand it off to Magnus when they're surrounded by an army in the final arc or something. I'm not sure what would be better.

• Like x 4
  5. AbsenteeLandlady123

That was the most majestic fucking play I've ever seen, I'm in awe, I can't fucking breathe.

• Like x 3
  6. The Frood Abides

you see what I've been saying about Zaphod Beeblebrox

• Like x 5
  7. AbsenteeLandlady123

I do, it's super accurate. I fucking love him so much. I would bankrupt myself to have Taako and Gilmore of Critical Role interact.

8. The Frood Abides

Another great bit: "Nobody would hire an adventurer with my little experience," says Bureau Reclaimer, wielder of the Umbra Staff, savior of Neverwinter and Goldcliff, literal fucking CHOSEN OF ISTUS 12th-level transmuter Taako Takko

• Like x 3
  9. AbsenteeLandlady123

He's right though, you can hardly put that stuff on the resume x3
    Okay for real though I absolutely adored Kravitz/Taco stuff, although I do wonder if it's kinda weird for the bro's to be flirting in character with each other xD

10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I wondered about that too.....

11. The Frood Abides

It's less weird than Clint and Griffin making jokes about Justin's dick while he's on the phone with the realtor, that's for sure.

12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

There is that.

13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Dddddouble post w/ Taako aka Saro finally drew something besides Homestuck
    taako.png

• Like x 9
  14. AbsenteeLandlady123

A good boy. A smart boy.

15. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

So I'm starting to think the red robes might not actually be evil, and that this might be a case of poor communication kills. I was thinking about what the 7 birds might represent, like are they referring to the red robes themselves? But then I saw someone on tumblr mention they might refer to people affected by the relics, like Hurley/Sloan as the lovers, and Isaac as the lonely journal keeper, and I think that makes more sense.
    I feel bad for Lucas he reminds me a bit of brainstorm, with the whole trying to bring back someone you love/not so above bar mad science stuff. I'm glad he got to speak to his mom one last time. The eyes showed up here again like in the carnival episode, so whatever's watching them is in another plane of existence I guess? I wonder the eyes have something to do with the dark cloud?

Ok less serious stuff now. Can I just say upsy your lifting friend is a+ my new fav npc he left me in tears. Also I love noelle and I'm glad she joined the b.o.b. Taako pretending to try to open the glass dome and Magnus being like "he's trying his best!" The illusory sandwich, and water bugs worst nightmare are pretty good too.

The interlude was great, I liked getting to know a bit more about the director and I'm really hoping she's not secretly a villain, I've seen it on tvtropes as a theory and I honestly don't think she is. If she does turn out to have been doing the wrong thing I think it would be unintentional on her part. She was really upset over Boyland, and she's stressed out, and that really comes across with the voice acting. I'm glad she got to relax she deserves it honestly.

Guys how cute and precious is angus? Learning magic with big brother taako and being super excited. The end with the LUP thing was interesting, is that part of the red robe guys name? Because the staff definitely used to belong to him, and maybe he lent it to another red robe? (The one dead in the cave in the first arc?) I have so many questions and I feel like I might be missing stuff because I'm awful at reading between the lines.

Magnus and Carrie teaching each other stuff in a side by side montage, and Carrie wanting a gift for killian. I'm glad for them and I hope team sweet flips works out. If Carrie uses the ring to propose to killian I'll cry.

• Like x 6
  16. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

The theory that each bird represents someone affected by the relics makes a lot of sense. But since it's presumably one person per relic, I can't think of who any of the birds would be connected to in the first two arcs. Then again, I've never been too good at fantheories.
    I'm still not over EGG BABE. That was some awesome foreshadowing.

• Like x 6
  17. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

I'm halfway through episode 5 and I am very much into this. The all-magic umbrella and Killian and the Self-Censoring Words have hooked me. I wanna know what's up.

• Like x 4
  18. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I can't take
    EGG BABE
    seriously because it sounds SO SILLY... but I admit it was clever.

19. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

"Look at this beautiful goddamn jellyfish thing - you think it's just- just some sort of poop weirdo?"

I am so into this

• Like x 3
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

New arc new arc! Making my shit week better!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice