VINES TRIED TO EAT MY DICK (The MacElroys Play D&D)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by The Frood Abides, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

I'm so so pumped for the latest arc! I love the premise.

• Like x 1
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I have just started listening to this shit. Somehow i knew it in my bones tjay griffin wpuld be taako.

I knew.

Also hopy shit they called ogma olmec.

• Like x 2
  3. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Yall are making me want to re-listen from the beginning, there are so many little details that I've forgotten over the past year...

• Like x 1
  4. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Okay but
    is magnus okay
    baby trust your friends

• Like x 1
  5. Petra

Petra space case

I'm all caught up after binging for a week and I love it SO MUCH.

6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

7. paintcat

I'm re-listening to the whole thing from the start. If this was a game in the FATE system, Magnus's core aspect would be called "Thinking is for other people."

That actually makes the situation he faces in the latest Lunar Interlude really interesting from a character development angle. Magnus has just been really cool lately you guys, there's so much going onnnnnn

• Like x 4
  8. Petra

Petra space case

9. Spectacularsalmon

Magnus might be my favorite character now. Idk it's hard to have a favorite, they're all great!

10. Petra

Petra space case

Angus is my favorite. Taako is my second favorite.

11. paintcat

Don't get me wrong, Taako is solidly my favorite forever because I'm 100% weak against gay trash elves. Magnus just has my full attention
    since his conversation with the Void Fish!

• Like x 4
  12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I have only watched one episode and Taako is my favorite.

13. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

how does anyone ever manage to pick a favorite tho

14. paintcat

tbh I'm very quick to pick favorites as soon as I get into a thing, and I've been strongly affiliated with elves since I first read Tolkien when I was 12 so I just kinda hopped on the Taako bus right off the bat.
    And then he just kept getting more and more excellent

• Like x 4
  15. Petra

Petra space case

• Like x 2
  16. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

@Petra I'm glad somebody did.

Even the most charitable reading of Taako/Klarg has some dubious consent issues and so I'm a little weirded out by cutesy Klaako shipping.

I don't blame the fans, though. The show kind of glosses over the implications. Rightly enough, rules arguments make for boring radio, but if you don't know the D&D rules it might be easy to think charm just makes someone friendly and peaceful. No, it makes them regard the caster as a friend. Taako's pretty cavalier about having a permanent thrall, even if he did it by accident.

Show's not over yet though. Eleventh Hour has the boys facing some tough moral choices, and I somehow don't think "The Suffering Game" is going to be a lighthearted filler arc. Wouldn't be surprised if Griffin had something up his sleeve.

• Like x 6
  17. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Asdhflhljfjl that's so fucked up. #admiration

• Like x 3
  18. Petra

Petra space case

To be fair, Taako was up for charming someone for an hour and taking all their stuff, but I do think he's a lot less comfortable with perma-charm, and it just hasn't come up much because he hasn't even seen Klaarg since we've all figured out what happened. What I don't get is fans who portray Lucas as this cute geek man who never did anything wrong. Lucas did a lot of things wrong, and almost every step of the way he was more sorry about being caught than sorry about doing the thing. The 'hugbears' are a prime example of that. You COULD argue for behavioral therapy and depending on how it's executed I'd be pretty neutral or disagree but sorta understand why you'd think it's a good thing, but Lucas explicitly wanted unpaid labor who couldn't disobey him and in order to justify that picked up a family of a sapient species nobody else really liked and performed involuntary brain surgery on them. And he never talks about letting them go or anything even when he's apologizing for other things, because he doesn't see it as a bad thing. He's callous and depersonalizing to his robots, he regretted setting off the apocalypse but refused to give people the information they needed to stop it because he'd get in trouble, and he frames everything around himself.

Now, this doesn't make him a bad character, he's a fantastic character. And people are certainly entitled to like whatever they want in fiction. I don't want everyone who likes Lucas to have to make disclaimers that they 'know he messed up' or whatever. I am just specifically uncomfortable by people who explicitly stan for him and say he didn't do anything wrong. Lucas is the most terrible person we've met so far!

• Like x 10
  19. Spectacularsalmon

New episode today wooooo!
    I was almost crying with laughter at Jeff Angel's intro, also catwalk boy.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • Like x 2
  20. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

ELEVEN NIPPLES

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice