VINES TRIED TO EAT MY DICK (The MacElroys Play D&D)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by The Frood Abides, Sep 25, 2016.

1. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

DEATH MAN

• Like x 1
  2. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

HIS NAME IS
    JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGEEEEEEEEEEEL

• Like x 1
  3. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

Doo doo doo doo!

• Like x 1
  4. Petra

Petra space case

THEY CALL ME CATWALK BOY

5. Petra

Petra space case

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  6. Petra

Petra space case

Taako! Apologized to Klarg!

• Like x 2
  7. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

"...you know we're just gonna play Dungeons and Dragons, right?" This entire intro is adorable

ETA: I know this was only their second live show ever but damn, guys, less dicking around. The ending would've been great if they hadn't had to rush it.

Loved Jeff Angel's theme, loved Taako's usual combination of frightening ingenuity and poor judgment, loved that Magnus had a name picked out and kept the mask, loved the good-natured family bickering in spite of myself though it messed up the pacing, loved the fucking metatheatrical nonsense they pulled with the crowd (cheering/booing on Griffin's cues for the wrestlers). Less sold on the Klarg resolution -- Taako apologized for the specific case when he really owed him an apology for the general, but that's our favorite shitty elf, I guess.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    • Like x 2
  8. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

I'm weirdly touched by Merle's storyline with Pan, where he's insisting that Pan doesn't care while his wooden arm FROM PAN taps an impatient finger. Everyone around him can see that Pan cares, the listener can hear it, Merle just banished a shitload of spirits with Pan's power. Clearly Pan gives a lot of fucks about Merle. But Merle is dealing with his lost arm trauma and his betrayal.

I have cleric feels.

I love this show.

• Like x 4
  9. glitterchance

I love that as all this dark, heartbreaking shit goes down, the episode still ends with MAXIMUM FUN. I'm not super sure the good crispy folk of Fandolin would agree!

• Like x 3
  10. Petra

Petra space case

Magnus dies in the explosion in Ravensroost. Julia does not. Starting out as a level 1 bard and wielding a fiddle her dead husband made for her, Julia re-starts the rebellion and attempts to track down and murder the deposed Governer in revenge, perhaps coming into contact with one of the 7 Artifacts on the way...

Class suggestion is wavery since we don't know a ton about Julia's actually skills aside from the fact that she was raised around a lot of art and crafting and Magnus and her were a good pair. Not trying to go 'she's a woman so non-combat class', just think it'd be interesting if she had a different skillset from Magnus 'punches things' Burnsides.

I also feel like Julia would be a ton more... vindictive than Magnus in this AU, just because Magnus is not a really vindictive person at all. He's a tired and sad person. So if the intent is to explore a different dynamic...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like x 7
  11. glitterchance

I knew they were wrasslin' fans, because they keep making offhand references (like Merle's spirit protector almost being Hacksaw Jim Duggan), but this episode is everything my nerdy wrestling fan heart could dream. By the time they got to John Cena-- er, JEFF ANGEL promo about how he calls his dad every!!!night!!! my laughter scared the cats.

And then Angus conjured that fist and I genuinely wibbled at how very proud Taako was. "That's my BOY!" *draws hearts around* Really, between that and Magnus and Merle being like "no, this is OUR boy, we bought him," and Angus scornfully telling Jeff that he's not a MARK, everything to do with Angus was a delight.

(And then Angus is in the crowd cheering for Jeff anyway. It's okay, Angus, I know these feels; we're all marks in our deepest of hearts.)

• Like x 3
  12. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

so I've been burying my head in this podcast for the last week and I love it, it's so choice. bless this mess, these good good boys.

• Like x 2
  13. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

and of course, being the relentless shipper trash I am, I am ALL about all these different lovely ships....

• Like x 2
  14. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

MY BEAUTIFUL MAGIC BOY

• Like x 3
  15. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Whoof! Finally re-caught up.
    I laughed out loud at Jeff Angel's theme music. Everything about Jeff Angel was spot-on and perfect.
    What are these ships? The only big one I know of is Taako/Kravitz. And Taako/Klarg, I guess.

• Like x 2
  16. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Sloane/Hurley, Carey/Killian...

There's an option for Taako/Sazed, but I don't know how "lovely" that one is...

• Like x 2
  17. glitterchance

I love whenever the guys do something so monumentally off the rails that Griffen is like WHAT. Break your DM, Travis, A++

I also love that when asked if they wanted to help Magnus break into jail, both Justin and Clint were all "nope, he made his bed." I know it was OOC, but I also felt like there was a little indignation on behalf of their characters.

Taako, Magnus and Merle really care about each other but they're so damaged and gunshy of intimacy and I flail.

This is all gonna blow up so hard and I am pumped.

• Like x 4
  18. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

So Lunar Interlude III. I'm behind massively, but I am catching up to the rest of the group quickly, and holy shit, Lunar Interlude III. I just. Lunar Interlude III.

The vacation with the director, awkward but still kind of sweet.

Carey trading thieving training with Magnus for carpentry lessons, oh my god very sweet (and not even going into the rosewood rose ring within the duck box that is so cute)

And then Angus. This gentle child. IT'S MAGIC DAY, OH MY GOD, THIS CHILD.

This IS THE CUTEST LITTLE SIDE STORY, I AM SO HAPPY. AND TAAKO IS BEING A NICE TEACHER SO FAR, GOOD ON YOU TAAKO FOR ONLY BEING MILDLY SNARKY TO WHEN ANGUS INTERRUPTS HIM AND NOT BREAKING HIS WAND AT FIRST HIT.
    I love this arc so much. Everyone is cute. The wine joke and the double duckbutt and MAGIC DAY

• Like x 5
  19. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

he cast 'produce flame' on his own this child is so good

And then Taako scared him senseless because he's Taako of course. Pet the dog and then chuck it into the sky and catch it. Just so it will wee a little bit. AND ANGUS MADE HIM A MACARON NEVER THE LESS AND TAAKO ATE IT AND WAS NICE ABOUT THE FACT THEY TASTE LIKE AIR. Should I be censoring these though, this is like 10 episodes back but it's still fairly late into the series, so I can spoiler it later on.

• Like x 4
  20. glitterchance

I signed up to donate to the Maximum Fun network, and the extra episodes (esp the prequel where they meet) are so delightful. Not to get into it too much, but

it kills me that the first thing Merle says to Taako is to reassure him that his (Taako's) spells are improving. Merle is dad!friend.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice