Violet Ink

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Ink, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

I've had a blog for about two years on Tumblr under the username VioletCatt. I used it to post photos of birds, insects, flowers and Scenery. Today it was terminated. I have no idea why.

So, I'm going to post a few here from time to time to scratch that particular itch. I hope you enjoy them.

2019-08-29  04 (2).JPG

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

Should I post these as thumbnails or was that OK?

3. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I LIKE IT FULL SIZE

• Agree x 1
  4. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

2019-08-24  46 (2).JPG

A little flock of Canada geese and one greylag goose at sunset heading for their favorite sleeping spot. Some day I will tell you guys the greylag's story.

I am grieving my old blog. I put so much into it. It turned photography into a fully fledged hobby and getting outside to take hikes into a lifestyle for me. It's why I even know the greylag's story. Did you know that if your blog is terminated your stuff that others reblogged disappears out of their blogs too, and your likes disappear out of people's notes? You are utterly disappeared and you don't know why. I don't want to go on and on about it but I'm all bereft.

• Witnessed x 3
  5. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

Wow, that's big.

6. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

2019-07-23  02.jpg
    Tiger Swallowtail.

The males and females have different markings. The females also have a dark morph version that is mostly black. This is a traditional tiger stripe version of a female. The fancy markings on the lower wings give her away.

I found a mosaic one of these a few weeks ago, probably intersex, which I'll post one of these days

• Winner x 2
  7. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

2019-07-29  37 (2).JPG

Here are some male eastern tiger swallowtails puddling. It's mostly males who do this, with occasional females joining in. One has his wings open enough to compare his markings to the showier female.

• Winner x 1
  8. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

2019-07-29  03 (2).jpg

This is the dark morph eastern tiger swallowtail which is always female.

Tomorrow I'll post the mosaic.

• Winner x 1
  9. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

Tumblr restored my blog. They are terribly sorry and will see to it that it doesn't happen again, but haven't offered any explanation as to why it happened in the first place.

I'm still angry but the awful clutchy feeling around my heart is gone.

10. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

OK. Those pics were obnoxiously big. I've reformatted so you don't have to scroll to see the whole thing.

11. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

2019-08-10  47.JPG

Here's the mosaic--a genetic mixture of the tiger stripe and dark morph tiger swallowtail. Even its body is mixture of the two markings. It is probably intersex. These are pretty rare and I am thrilled to have encountered one.

• Winner x 1
  12. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

2019-07-13  02.JPG

This little lake is almost always this color. I don't know why.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice