Voice Meme Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Aondeug, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I want to see how you guys pronounce my name. The first name is phonetic. The second name is a mystery!

2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I keep meaning to do this but then I'm in the lab or somewhere equally unsuitable. Hmmm. Maybe I can do it tomorrow morning.

3. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

I'm super glad people are including me, I love having a mystery name ^_^

It looks like I can't use vocaroo bc mobile, but i'll type a couple of names here

So,
    • Aondeug I pronounce like A-on-dug, or EH-on-dug in Canada.
    • chaoticArbiter, I pronounce the way fae pronounces it, yay ^_^
    • Ipuntya like I-punt-ya.
    • Palindromordnilap I pronounce Palindrome-palindrome because when I get used to reading things backwards I think them forwards, so... Yeah.
    • Emythos I pronounce like ee-MYTH-os or EE-MYTH-os - basically as if the Cthulhu Mythos were being sent through email.
    • Nertbugs I usually mispronounce as nert-bergs for some reason, like a ermagerd kinda thing I guess.
    • Uh, mostly I'm seeing common English words and phrases and common English names so probably no surprises... AIR-ick-uh and EV-err-it, for example
    • Lazarae as LAA (short A like in 'at' or 'happy') zuh-rai (like rye bread, or raichu)
    • Acey as ACE-ee
    • Sethrial MacCoill as SETH-ree-AL (Al like Albert, not like All) muh-CALL
    • Saro as SAH-row (as in rowboat), the way I would pronounce it if I suspected it were Japanese, which is also very similar to how I pronounce "sorrow"
    • rje I read as "R. J." like ARR-jay, or sometimes as ARR-jee instead for whatever reason
    • Oh, BlackholeKG, I always ignore the KG and just read it as the English word blackhole
    • Pumpkageist, I read as the word pumpkin getting interrupted by suddenly saying "a geist" bc the speaker in my brain is excited to see a ghost or poltergeist

As for my own name, I once pontificated to Aon, so I'll c&p here:
    tl;dr: there are actually two 'official' pronunciations, one for me and the other for the character I originally constructed the name for. But unofficial pronunciations are welcome, and the ambiguity is intentional.

PS @Ipuntya your voice is pretty!
    Also, it's really nice to hear so many people's voices!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Like x 5
  4. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

• Like x 1
  5. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

That is adorable, and quite fitting- that's my reaction to ghosts, too.

My family's hanging around, so I'm a bit too self-conscious to do the username pronunciation thing right now, but have something completely unrelated, instead.

• Like x 5
  6. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Very close on the first name! It's All, not Al though. The second name is Ma-Quill. It's scottish nonsense.

• Like x 1
  7. kmoss

kmoss whoops

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice