Vent Walk-in freezer (general-purpose vent thread)

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by seebs, Jun 1, 2016.

1. kleric

kleric Member

I understand not wanting to get criticism when you do thing 100% for fun with no serious intent, but I wasn't even going to criticize, I just wanted to say I like it :( but he refuses to listen to any comment, because there is a nonzero chance it might be a negative comment, even though I've never said a bad thing about his songs.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I'm almost convinced our resident bigot is actually a troll because it's implausible to accidentally have so many bad opinions almost tailored to make this community flip its lid

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Agree x 8
  3. nnnnnope

nnnnnope New Member

Feel guilty abt complaining when I feel like shit because they're always in pain so obviously they have it worse

I know that's unfair but my brain is dumb

• Witnessed x 1
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I finally meet someone who wants to play d&d and on the day we agree to meet up and play I get my first anxiety attack in ages that makes me want to bite myself

I don’t know if it’s the looming unfamiliar social interaction that’s doing this or the coffee I had or just something random but either way what the fuck

...maybe I can use the fact that my sibling is asleep as an excuse not to go

:(

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I have to kill maggots to get rid of them and I HATE killing animals.

• Witnessed x 2
  6. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I’m really sorry about the maggots. Both their presence and the killing. I had ants for a bit and it was a very distressing problem figuring out how to get rid of them without causing them to suffer.

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've been boiling water all day in July heat to flush the little bastards out of the crevices and they KEEP COMING and I'm starting to feel less bad about it.

• Witnessed x 1
  8. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

i've been kinda proud of how well i've been holding myself together lately, like yay me i don't flip my shit too much and when i do it's for not long, but like. i dunno that slipping easily back into this kinda myopic apathy thing i got going on is actually a good deal or evidence of me being a mature adult that can handle my own shit. still got no social life or clue how to get one, still can't look at people's face regions without getting squirmy and uncomfortable, still living with my parents, no plans, no real hobbies or ambitions or nothing. i dunno, i think i might not be doing as well as i think i am, mental health wise, and it's uncomphy to think about.

• Witnessed x 2
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I have literally no idea what I could have eaten in the past couple hours to give me the Danger Food Poisoning Symptoms Imminent feeling but here that feeling is anyway

Seriously the last thing I ate was yogurt from a freshly opened container with frozen blueberries, plus a cup of coffee, and before that I had a cliff bar at work. Have I suddenly become lactose intolerant in the past 60 minutes? wtf

• Witnessed x 2
  10. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

all i wanna do is work on my DS rps and yet here i am, proof reading one of four and wanting to rewrite it again.

brain for the love of GOD. things are more interesting when you let it go. you have FOUR ONGOING RPS WITH UR PAL. GET THE OTHER ONES DONE.

11. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

The ocean is homophobic and Im a sad gay bitch whos closest friends all live extremely far away

its fucking cuddle hours and I have nobody to cuddle me

• Witnessed x 3
  12. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

I've been sleeping at 4 am for the past few days from anxiety or something and I'm tired of that

• Witnessed x 2
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I thought I'd got all the maggots, now I have a bunch of dying flies crawling out of corners every morning and I don't know where they're coming from. I hate killing things and filling my kitchen with fly spray can't exactly be good for my health either :( Going to bring in pest control Monday.

The living room is not full of flies but the same tipped-over box of stuff has been in the middle of the floor for a month now because I don't have the spoons to pick it up. Anyone got tips on dealing with that kind of thing?

• Witnessed x 3
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

And now it turns out the plumber didn't actually fix anything, because I just tried to run the washing machine and it caused filthy water to overflow out of my sink all over the floor. I am SICK of these people not actually LISTENING TO WHAT I TELL THEM and not actually solving the problem!

• Witnessed x 4
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Plumber STILL hasn't fixed the actual problem. It's now not soaking my floor but it's still running backwards and it's just going to do the exact same thing tomorrow.

• Witnessed x 3
  16. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Wow, yeah, that is annoying.

• Agree x 2
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

No executive function because sleep deprived, can’t get to bed on time because no executive function :msap:

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Flies are STILL coming, almost no pest control organisations deal with flies even though their websites say they do, and I had to basically yell at the plumber for ten minutes before he accepted that he's not going to fix the drain by doing the exact same thing for the fifth time.

• Witnessed x 3
  19. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I dunno if this is helpful, but my old flat used to have chronic problems with flies in the window seals, and a regular dousing in Jeyes Fluid was about the only thing which kept the numbers reasonably low.

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, the problem is I can't tell where they're coming from. I know it's at floor level but we already checked under all the fixtures and couldn't see anything, so we can't find the source.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice